FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Nov. 8, 2012] (Kernel 2.6.32) tytung_gb_r16 (for Froyo and Gingerbread)

3,574 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,081

By tytung, Senior Member on 11th September 2011, 06:39 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
17th November 2011, 05:56 AM |#501  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15,081

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slbenz

I am having the same issue with people hearing me as well. Very low volume on their end. No problem on mine. I am using r14 and Tytung's Nexus HD2 NAND v3.2a build. Any solution?

• Go to a quiet place.
  • Go to see a doctor. (just kidding)
  • Modify the mic gain value by editing /system/etc/init.d/10mic_level (reboot to take effect or execute the below command manually).
    Content of 10mic_level: (You may need to enlarge the values below.)
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    echo '0 400' > /proc/mic_level
    echo '1 600' > /proc/mic_level
  • Install HD2 Mic Control (GUI for 10mic_level) or Volume+.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tytung For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tytung Ad-Free

17th November 2011, 07:17 AM |#502  
Flag Silicon Valley
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytung

• Go to a quiet place.
  • Go to see a doctor. (just kidding)
  • Modify the mic gain value by editing /system/etc/init.d/10mic_level (reboot to take effect or execute the below command manually).
    Content of 10mic_level: (You may need to enlarge the values below.)
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    echo '0 400' > /proc/mic_level
    echo '1 600' > /proc/mic_level
  • Install HD2 Mic Control (GUI for 10mic_level) or Volume+.

Tytung,

Just checked and my wife says that I sound much louder and clearer now on her end. You helped me keep my marriage intact.
The Following User Says Thank You to slbenz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift slbenz Ad-Free
17th November 2011, 07:36 AM |#503  
Flag Madras
Thanks Meter: 1,539

More
Quote:

From your logcat, the problem is caused by /system/bin/rild so the signal is lost.
Maybe check /system/lib/libhtc_ril.so and /system/lib/libhtc_ril_wrapper.so.

@arif- this makes sense, as I'm using libhtc_ril.so from Tytung's NexusHD2. This is because with the stock CM7 nightly ril library, I was not able to scan manually for networks, it used to time out (Tytung's kennels)...

Swyped from my HTC HD2 running CM7 (Gingerbread 2.3.7)
The Following User Says Thank You to ph03n!x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ph03n!x Ad-Free
Cooky101
17th November 2011, 07:59 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

I don't get what you mean.

Well, the large gray bar at the top of the battery usage page (Settings->About phone->Battery usage; saying "x h y m z s on battery") is not shown as a gray but cut horizontally with a green line and underlined with a dotted blue line. This seems to me like the patch by marc1706 which should fix the calculation of color gradients still has some bug... or do I need to consult an ophthalmologist?

A similar effect occurs on the page Settings->Apps->Memory usage (at the bottom tab; see screenshot).

However - it seems to be limited to these two rarely used menus, so no big deal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shot_000005.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	785255  
17th November 2011, 09:03 AM |#505  
Flag Melbourne

More
I've noticed a few data drops (signal icon loses its' h/3/e) since upgrading to this kernel. Next time I notice it is there some log I should be saving?

Colour banding fix is great though!
17th November 2011, 01:36 PM |#506  
Flag Utrecht, Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooky101

Well, the large gray bar at the top of the battery usage page (Settings->About phone->Battery usage; saying "x h y m z s on battery") is not shown as a gray but cut horizontally with a green line and underlined with a dotted blue line. This seems to me like the patch by marc1706 which should fix the calculation of color gradients still has some bug... or do I need to consult an ophthalmologist?

A similar effect occurs on the page Settings->Apps->Memory usage (at the bottom tab; see screenshot).

However - it seems to be limited to these two rarely used menus, so no big deal.

This is done on purpose.

On the top of the screen is a graphical display of your battery status. The blue 'dotted' line shows the timeframe your phone was awake, if I'm not mistaking. Edit: it appears to be 'awake' and 'wifi on'. If you tap on the graph, it will show you some additional info regarding usage.

At the bottom it graphically displays the amount of memory in use (in grey) and available (in green). This has nothing to do with the color banding issue or fix, as there are no gradients. In other words, these are features, not bugs

Sincerely,
Mac
The Following User Says Thank You to Macelangelo77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Macelangelo77 Ad-Free
17th November 2011, 03:50 PM |#507  
Flag Bucharest, Romania
Thanks Meter: 392

More
dungphp runny?
Did anybody try this kernel with dung's ROM?
Can't seem to find a working kernel, to fix color branding on those Sense builds.
Cooky101
17th November 2011, 04:02 PM |#508  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macelangelo77

This is done on purpose.

On the top of the screen is a graphical display of your battery status. The blue 'dotted' line shows the timeframe your phone was awake, if I'm not mistaking. Edit: it appears to be 'awake' and 'wifi on'. If you tap on the graph, it will show you some additional info regarding usage.

At the bottom it graphically displays the amount of memory in use (in grey) and available (in green). This has nothing to do with the color banding issue or fix, as there are no gradients. In other words, these are features, not bugs

Sincerely,
Mac

Well then... thanks for the info and sorry for bothering you. Never realized these features before
17th November 2011, 04:15 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 168

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrewsialNL

Did anybody try this kernel with dung's ROM?
Can't seem to find a working kernel, to fix color branding on those Sense builds.

If you are planing to try tytung kernel on a Sense rom, try either r14_senBT OR r14_SenseBT_callrec
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trex3300 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trex3300 Ad-Free
17th November 2011, 04:18 PM |#510  
Flag Bucharest, Romania
Thanks Meter: 392

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trex3300

If you are planing to try tytung kernel on a Sense rom, try either r14_senBT OR r14_SenseBT_callrec

Oh, thank you very much!

Edit: how..do i make this a flashable cwm? or just copy the files in the correct places and reboot? Sorry for the newb question, but i'm so used to CWM files, that I have no clue how these work
18th November 2011, 12:47 AM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvestro

Use volume+ from market.
Now my HD2 with this kernel is really perfect..,missing only USB OTG but, according my opinion, Sir Tytung made this feature in the next release!
Thanks Tytung for your patience.

Tapatalk su Galaxy S2 da Italia

Added volume+ shows all volumes at max level it did not fix the issue. It the overall sound volume is still soft. As I stated in 12.4 build I did not have this issue. ANY build after 12.4 the overall volume, ringtones, system sounds ect ect is way too low. If I revert back to 12.4 the volume is loud again. So can anyone tell me what to adjust or fix in the kernal to fix this issue? a step by step method would be great.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery saver, tytung kernel
Previous Thread Next Thread