[UNOFFICIAL] CM10.1 for Advent Vega / PoV Mobii

Search This thread

mv0hra

Aug 6, 2005
Can someone please tell me what the recommended SD card partitions is? I mean will ext4 be used to store any data?

Also, once installed how does one get into recovery to install gapps?

EDIT: I was able to get into recovery by going into developer options and selecting advanced reboot.

Last edited:

scanno

Mar 27, 2008
Arnhem
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Can someone please tell me what the recommended SD card partitions is? I mean will ext4 be used to store any data?

Also, once installed how does one get into recovery to install gapps?

EDIT: I was able to get into recovery by going into developer options and selecting advanced reboot.

Yes ext4 will be used to store data. In fact the ext4 partition on the sdcard will be mounted as the internal data partition. It will be used to store the apps and app data.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: mv0hra

mv0hra

Aug 6, 2005
Yes ext4 will be used to store data. In fact the ext4 partition on the sdcard will be mounted as the internal data partition. It will be used to store the apps and app data.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks. Do you know if the ext4 partition should have a particular cluster size?

yani2000

Jul 23, 2010
Just use default (if there is such a setting).
Otherwise, I would recommend the bigger the better.
It's faster, but more data hungry.
As for the size of the partition, I use 8 GB, but anything above 2 GB is OK for this tablet (depends on how much large games you will install).

Meins321

Jul 7, 2009
Hello, how does the performance on this rom comparte to the older ones with Android 4.1.1?

I did flash this with my microsd card 8Gb partition right and it is slow as hell :( , the "BUILD 20130815" had problems with keyboard force close n my viewpad 10s and i hab to play with the governor to get the tablet running more then just the bare system...

if anyone is still using the viewpad 10s which version of this rom do you use as your daily driver?
the latest version of this rom feels more like a alpha than beta or any thing else...

can i do anything to get it fast or close to the performance it should be by clearing it's "cache" ?

scanno

Mar 27, 2008
Arnhem
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hello, how does the performance on this rom comparte to the older ones with Android 4.1.1?

I did flash this with my microsd card 8Gb partition right and it is slow as hell :( , the "BUILD 20130815" had problems with keyboard force close n my viewpad 10s and i hab to play with the governor to get the tablet running more then just the bare system...

if anyone is still using the viewpad 10s which version of this rom do you use as your daily driver?
the latest version of this rom feels more like a alpha than beta or any thing else...

can i do anything to get it fast or close to the performance it should be by clearing it's "cache" ?

The kind of sdcard you are using makes a world of diffrence. you should get a decent performance with the right sdcard (optimized for 4k block writes)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 10 met Tapatalk

AndyChecker

Jan 21, 2006
Huawei P40 Pro
Hi all

I'm just looking to give my kids my old Advent Vega as a tablet so looking into flashing a new ROM etc but with the correct partitions set up on my MicroSD card (1st Fat32, 2nd ext4) and using the NV Flash method which appears to work fine even after several tries my tablet gets stuck on the CyanogenMod boot logo. I have even left it overnight and came back to the same boot logo - does anyone have any ideas that aren't already in this old and long thread (which I have reaD) before I try VegaCream RC2?

Thanks

Reactions: Meins321

Mulletmeister

Feb 24, 2014
Eastbourne
I find this glitchy. Also the in2ext doesn't get reported properly in clean master (maybe an app issue). I've had a couple of unforced shutdowns as well. I have tried alsorts, and as an experienced modder, I'm guessing the CM is just overstretching the old beast a tad, although I haven't seen any thing odd in any reports on the tab.

Reactions: Meins321

ejtagle

Nov 13, 2011
A repo with all the Advent vega ROMs...

Hi, i am ejtagle! ... Yesterday I found an old backup of mostly all the ROMs we were working with Scanno and several other people. I also found the source code for the lunch targets and for the linux kernel and wifi modules ... I guess that this information is mostly gone from the Internet (8 years have passed since we were working on this device!) ...
I prefer to post it to avoid losing this information and work. So, in case anyone is curious or wants to play with it, it will be available.

All the information i have has been uploaded to https:// gitlab.com / ejtagle / p10an01 , including the precompiled ROMs

If you are curious, I still have the Vega with me, and it still works. It is slow compared with new devices, and the lack of NEON instruction set makes most of new Android programs crash , but, nevertheless, the tablet still runs.

And yes, the battery life is stil superb. 10 hours...

Hope it helps
Eduardo

PS: I still can´t believe XDA bans me posting urls in the messages ... Well... seems it believes I am a "new" user :cyclops:

Reactions: galorran

ejtagle

Nov 13, 2011

Hey @ejtagle,
How are you doing. Still have my PoV Mobii lying around somewhere, but have not touched it for years.
Thanks for the builds. I only kept the latest ones.

Hi Scanno! ... Lately i have considered ... again... to revive the PoV ... Tegra2 devices lack neon support, but nowadays we can emulate neon instructions (there are several roms that do exactly that for Tegra2 based devices).
The main 2 reasons that are making me think if it is worth the trouble or not is that PoV does have 512kb of RAM. That is the main issue. With that amount of RAM, the usefullness of this device is questionable as a tablet ...

Reactions: galorran

kburg1234556

Nov 12, 2021
estou precisando muito dos drives usb nvflash nvidia tegra 2, se alguém tiver e poder disponibilizar , posso fazer uma doação!

kburg1234556

Nov 12, 2021
olá amigos, entusiastas ! estou precisando dos drives usb nvflash ! alguem que tenha o driver poderia disponibilizar por favor! posso ajudar com uma doação .. pois estou precisando com urgência.

galorran

Feb 5, 2022
I need to do the APX flash mode on my advent vega tablet, I wanted to know if I can do it in fastboot mode or is there an easier way, something else if I change the recovery.img does it change the way to enter the APX flash mode??

aamirn

Jun 8, 2023

Hi, i am ejtagle! ... Yesterday I found an old backup of mostly all the ROMs we were working with Scanno and several other people. I also found the source code for the lunch targets and for the linux kernel and wifi modules ... I guess that this information is mostly gone from the Internet (8 years have passed since we were working on this device!) ...
I prefer to post it to avoid losing this information and work. So, in case anyone is curious or wants to play with it, it will be available.

All the information i have has been uploaded to https:// gitlab.com / ejtagle / p10an01 , including the precompiled ROMs

If you are curious, I still have the Vega with me, and it still works. It is slow compared with new devices, and the lack of NEON instruction set makes most of new Android programs crash , but, nevertheless, the tablet still runs.

And yes, the battery life is stil superb. 10 hours...

Hope it helps
Eduardo

PS: I still can´t believe XDA bans me posting urls in the messages ... Well... seems it believes I am a "new" user :cyclops:
this is very informative

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [INTRODUCTION]
    This ROM is mainly created by Scanno with the help of EJTagle (for kernel work and drivers). This ROM is based on the CM10.1 sources and has the most CM10.1 features included.

Why a CM rom after a couple of AOSP ROMS? Well the main reason is that android 4.2 has a new interface and i do not like it that much. CyanogenMod includes some inteface enhancements that i personally think adds some additional value.

Please remember that I and EJtagle are *NOT* professionals and do this in our spare time. We all have full time jobs and a family. So be happy that there is an Android ROM based on Android 4.2 / JellyBean for a device that was sold with Android 2.2 and never had an update.

We do our best to make this ROM as good as possible. With VegaCream and VegaBean we gave you a ROM that gave a new life to your tablet and unleashed its full potential. But we are not wizzards and there might be problems that we cannot solve or do not have time for.

[FEATURES]
    This ROM is an unofficial CM10.1 and has most CyanogenMod features included.

[INSTALLATION]
    As you all might know we have very limited internal storage space. So this ROM needs a different internal memory layout. The whole /data partition (where the user data and apps are installed) needs to be on the sdcard.

[SDCARD]
    You SDCARD needs to be partitioned the following way:
    - First partition needs to be FAT32
    - Second partition needs to be EXT4
    - Make sure there is NO extended partition

[FLASHING]
    The first time you flash this ROM you *HAVE* to flash the NVFlash version to make sure the internal memory is formatted the correct way.
    Make sure you have the GApps downloaded and put on your SDCard (see goo-inside.me/gapps)

[NVFLASH]
    Download the NVFlash version and make sure your tabet is connected to the power supply and that the tablet is connected to your computer.
    Put the tablet into NVFlash mode (by using 2 seconds back key, 2 seconds power key, 2 seconds back key)
    Run the NVFlash executable and if everything goed right, the ROM will be flashed.
    Reboot the tablet and as soon as the tablet finishes booting, reboot the tablet into recovery mode.
    Once in recovery, do a factory reset and then right after that flash the Google apps zip file you downloaded.

[RECOVERY]
    Download the zip file and put the file on your SDCARD.
    Boot into recovery.
    Do a factory reset (or you can try just clearing cache and dalvik-cache).
    Flash the zip file.
    Right after flashing the ROM, flash the gapps zip file.
    Reboot.

[WORKING]
    - 3G
    - Audio
    - Video
    - Wifi
    - Touchscreen
    - Most regular things

[NOT WORKING]
    - Bluetooth. Due to the fact that Google has introduced a new Bluetooth stack in 4.2, Bluetooth
    *NOT* work. Efforts to get Bluetooth working has ended.

[CREDITS]
    - Ejtagle
    - Scanno
    - CyanogenMod for their sources
    - LeoP for his zRAM implementation
    [DOWNLOADS]

Gapps for android version 4.2.2: Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip

Gapps for android version 4.2.1: gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip

Here are some other Gapps that are specific for Tegra2 non neon devices. These Gapps fix the closing of the default keyboard. But it also disables the gesture typing. These GApps were made for the XOOM and can be downloaded over at XDA:
    [ROM][4.2.2] My Android 4.2 for Xoom Wi-Fi (20130217) - xda-developers

[BUILD 20130815]
    CWM-ZIP: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zuy41bx10afvx6s/cm-10.1-20130815-UNOFFICIAL-shuttle.zip
    NVFLASH: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3j7r8dbd7204y25/cm-10.1-20130815-UNOFFICIAL-shuttle.exe

[BUILD 20130727]
    CWM-ZIP: http://www.mediafire.com/?orvrlhdr5x58ahq

[BUILD 20130721]
    CWM-ZIP: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rc2kve9ccc6sadf/cm-10.1-20130721-UNOFFICIAL-shuttle.zip

[BUILD 20130712]
    CWM-ZIP: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jzxqqtygd58atra/cm-10.1-20130712-UNOFFICIAL-shuttle.zip

Build 18:
    CWM-ZIP: http://www.mediafire.com/?u63rb3nt4dni37z

Build 17:
    Only flash the CWM-ZIP if you already have a working Build 16 !!!
    CWM-ZIP: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m2iakdr0x2j0lk0
    NVFLASH: http://www.mediafire.com/?aeleqc618v21b3h

Build 16:
    NVFLASH: CM10.1-Shuttle-P10AN01-build_16.exe

Build 15:
    CWM-ZIP: CM10.1-Shuttle-P10AN01-build_15.zip
    NVFLASH: CM101-Shuttle-P10AN01-build_15.exe

Alpha 10:
    CWM-ZIP: CM10.1-Alpha10-Update.zip

Alpha 8:
    CWM-ZIP: CM10.1-Alpha8-Update.zip

Alpha 7:
    CWM-ZIP: CM10.1-Alpha7-Update.zip
    NVFLASH: CM10-1_NVFlash_alpha7.exe

Alpha6:
    CWM-ZIP: CM10.1-Alpha6-Update.zip

Alpha5:
    CWM-ZIP: CM10.1-Alpha5-Update.zip
    NVFLASH: CM10-1_NVFlash_Alpha5.exe
    [BUILD 20130815]
    - Included a patch to dalvik for low memory devices.
    - Synced with the CM10.1 repository

[BUILD 20130727]

[BUILD 20130712]
    This version includes all the changes that the CM team has introduces, including
    the privacy options.

Build 18:
    - synced with the cm10.1 repository

Build 17:
    - Synced with CM10.1 repo
    - Two patches to the kernel from clemsyn that might solve some remaining SOD's

Build 16:
    - This build will be the base that next builds will use !!!
    - New partition layout. So only an NVFLASH version for build 16
    - TWRP 2.5.0.0 recovery included
    - Synced with CM10 repo

Build 15:
    Well a lot of changes:
    - synced with cm on march 7. 21:00 CET
    - there should be no more SOD
    - sdcard changes. EXT4 is now used as /data and as "internal" sdcard.
    - a lot of optimalisations

Alpha 10:
    - Android 4.2.2
    - Refactored device make files

Alpha 8:
    - 3G working

Alpha 7:
    - Synced with CM repo on 13-01-2013
    - Some more tweaking. Seems to work better. I have removed journaling from my sdcard and some more optimizing on my own sdcard. Perhaps i can do that in the update zip. Will have a loo at that.
    - Included the RIL from VegaCream. Small change it will work. Cannot test myself.

Alpha6:
    - Synced with CM repo on 04-01-2013
    - Did some tweaking. Values can be changed as they are stored in /system/etc/init.d/rc1.d/01sysctl
    this does work - use minitool partition wizard to create the EXT4 partition (i recommend 1gb)

http://download.cnet.com/MiniTool-Partition-Wizard-Home-Edition/3000-2094_4-10962200.html
    Added build 15 to second post

Verstuurd van mijn Xperia T met Tapatalk