(Guide) How to fix 'no connection' on Google Play or YouTube

Search This thread

GameAware

Mar 16, 2014
-Get your self a file browser (e.g I have Root Explorer)

-Go to /etc/hosts
-Open the hosts file in a text editor
-Delete everything apart from 127.0.0.1 localhost
-Your Done!!

Sent from my Moto G

Wadu436

Jan 17, 2014
-Get your self a file browser (e.g I have Root Explorer)

-Go to /etc/hosts
-Open the hosts file in a text editor
-Delete everything apart from 127.0.0.1 localhost
-Your Done!!

Sent from my Moto G

I have the problem and the only line in the file is 127.0.0.1 localhost

Sent from my Motorola Moto G XT1032

AndroidHtc101

Apr 8, 2013
Me too only line I have is as above

We need a fix some expert please help

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk 2

zazzy24

Aug 1, 2013
The solution would be to just delete the hosts file and restart the phone. On reboot play store will rebuild the hosts file and you should be able to connect.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

zazzy24

Aug 1, 2013
This issue might not be due to host file... Even people running stock are having the issue and there host file will be exactly same as specified in OP

Hmm.. but deleting the host file and restarting the phone has always worked for me, whether i was on stock rom or custom... the other solution i can think of if this does not work is log out of google and login with a different id.. i think read this somewhere when i first faced the issue, but never had to use it..

AndroidHtc101

Apr 8, 2013
Hi I get this error " hosts file cannot be deleted" using file explorer on stock kitkat

Reactions: sirtbhopal

MS.

Aug 7, 2011
"Guides" like this should be deleted immediately as OP has no tiniest clue on what he is talking about. If access to Youtube/PlayStore were blocked via hosts file - it wouldn't work at all. Ever. Plus, a lot of guys with this issue are on stock ROMs with no root access and with locked bootloaders, so their "hosts" file can not be modified at all.

Being that said, OP is either:

a) troll
b) app developer (deleting hosts file would disable add blocking ;) )
c) just another ignorant person

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app

GameAware

Mar 16, 2014
"Guides" like this should be deleted immediately as OP has no tiniest clue on what he is talking about. If access to Youtube/PlayStore were blocked via hosts file - it wouldn't work at all. Ever. Plus, a lot of guys with this issue are on stock ROMs with no root access and with locked bootloaders, so their "hosts" file can not be modified at all.

a) troll

Sorry mate but this trick helped me, so I was just sharing it because it had been an issue. No need to cry :)

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
Hi I get this error " hosts file cannot be deleted" using file explorer on stock kitkat

You will definitrely need Root for doing changes in hosts file.
Thus it is impossible that host will can be issue on unrooted stock as its hostfile is almost blank (localhost doesn't count)

Problem is not the host file. we need an ota by motorola to fix this "connection drop".

well I can say that I have seen this isssue on several other phones as well. My secondary phone is also having the issue. My friends are also having this issue on other phones. So definitely not Moto's problem either I would say.

zazzy24

Aug 1, 2013
Ignore the above, it is 100% completely wrong.

How do u know its completely wrong? Have you tried it and didn't work? Obviously it needs root access.. don't dismiss a method without trying it.. i have used it on samsung y, samsung s duos as well as moto g with full success.. and u must have a 100% correct method for sure, y don't u mention it?

scott_doyland

Dec 8, 2011
How do u know its completely wrong? Have you tried it and didn't work? Obviously it needs root access.. don't dismiss a method without trying it.. i have used it on samsung y, samsung s duos as well as moto g with full success.. and u must have a 100% correct method for sure, y don't u mention it?

You said:

'On reboot play store will rebuild the hosts file'

That is just completely wrong. You really think an app (which BTW never uses root) rebuilds the hosts file!!!

zazzy24

Aug 1, 2013
You said:

'On reboot play store will rebuild the hosts file'

That is just completely wrong. You really think an app (which BTW never uses root) rebuilds the hosts file!!!

Again have u ever tried it? When i say you require root access, i mean to say you require it to delete the hosts file as you will not be able to do so with the stock file manager without root access..

ykdr-scott

May 27, 2013
birmingham
Thus is not working for me right now? Changed host file multiple times rebooted nothing... Host file remains the same and the market still no connection. Any other ideas?

scott_doyland

Dec 8, 2011
Thus is not working for me right now? Changed host file multiple times rebooted nothing... Host file remains the same and the market still no connection. Any other ideas?

As I said, hosts file is irrelevant here, unless its been altered to have an entry for the hostname of the playstore in it which points to an invalid IP. But let's face it, that is not the case.

If you have no connection at all though then your issue is different to the original issue in this thread.

Reactions: MS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

a) troll

Problem is not the host file. we need an ota by motorola to fix this "connection drop".

As I said, hosts file is irrelevant here, unless its been altered to have an entry for the hostname of the playstore in it which points to an invalid IP. But let's face it, that is not the case.

If you have no connection at all though then your issue is different to the original issue in this thread.