[Release] HTC Sense Transparent LockScreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Jul 16, 2010
Have replaced the transparent lockscreen with the clockless version, however it is still showing the clock even after reboot. I have dleted the original apk before copying and pasting into the system/apps folder. Any ideas?

jcitron

Jul 25, 2010
Tallahassee
Well I've tried this several times now. I'm using the Root Explorer method, deleted all files in the data/misc/lockscreen folder, deleted all htc lockscreen images in the system/customize/resource folder, and deleted the HtcLockScreen.apk from the system/app folder.

I tried the standard file, the clockless file, and file pkopalek posted. No matter what I try I get the same lock screen seen below, the big clock/date in the center as well as the "verizon wireless" in the top right are part of the lock screen. I even tried rebooting without the HtcLockScreen file at all and I get the same result.

I notice that there is no /system/app/HtcLockScreen.odex file when looking with root explorer, is it safe to assume the ROM I'm running is a non-odexed ROM?

I'm running PlaneJaneT2 V2.0, any ideas?

Many thanks in advance for putting up with a newb!

Attachments

• snap20100806_083950.png
    snap20100806_083950.png
    36 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

thenestor

Mar 4, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I notice that there is no /system/app/HtcLockScreen.odex file when looking with root explorer, is it safe to assume the ROM I'm running is a non-odexed ROM?

I'm running PlaneJaneT2 V2.0, any ideas?

Many thanks in advance for putting up with a newb!

Since you're using a deodexed rom, you have to use the version pkopalek posted in this thread on July 7. Go back two or three pages to find it. Can't link cuz I'm on my phone.

jcitron

Jul 25, 2010
Tallahassee
I tried the standard file, the clockless file, and file pkopalek posted.

I did that, same result. I did try the Hero version mentioned in this thread and it worked except that it had a large ugly red box instead of the nice arc, but it was transparent.

It seems any time I manually add the HtcScreenLock.apk file, regardless of where I get it from, it defaults to the screen I posted. If I flash the zip files from the Hero version it works, but is ugly as sin.

thenestor

Mar 4, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I wish there were a half transparent version.

Mine is half-transparent. Just use the transparent one, and then use a half-transparent PNG as your wallpaper. I've attached a screenshot of mine, as well as a black PNG that's been set to 50% transparent (so it appears gray on the white background of your browser).

Attachments

• snap20100619_120501.jpg
    snap20100619_120501.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 172
  • half-transparent.png
    half-transparent.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 153

G_won

Jun 28, 2009
Anybody have any luck with this on the Mytouch 4G? Forcing me to have a lockscreen wallpaper on this beauty is a travasty :(

stevokk

Mar 12, 2009
Confused..

Finally got it all done as per instructions but for some reason it has reverted me to what I am guessing is the android lock screen? Any help on how to revert it back? (It is a htc wildfire)

gohamstergo

Mar 6, 2010
this probably will no longer work with more modern ROMs. sorry. this is a very very old mod. going to request to have this thread closed since its outdated.

Reactions: stevokk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this probably will no longer work with more modern ROMs. sorry. this is a very very old mod. going to request to have this thread closed since its outdated.