Droid X Boot Animation (w/ DROID sound)

Search This thread

ihtfp69

Feb 22, 2009
Hi,

Got that. However I don't use ADB, i I load it on my SD and use terminal emulator to move it, that would be the same correct?

Yes. Im jealous because we can't do that yet. Just make sure you do the chmod 755 afterwards.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

offroadace

Jun 4, 2010
I've gone through these operations, as well as others, and I do not get any animation or sound. It is just a black screen.

I can extract the bootanimation files and investigate the images and they are all correct and actual images. But when I push the ZIP and MP3 files, nothing happens.

I've gone through this a few times, with different animation ZIP files and nothing happens after I reboot the phone.

The phone works as expected, but no animation at all now.

Also, I am not rooted so I have been using the following instructions;
SDK Drivers - flexjunk.com/2010/05/01/installing-htc-incredible-android-sd-drivers
Boot Animation Guide - androidforums.com/tips-tricks-incredible/93514-htc-incredible-boot-animation-guide.html

I can see my device when I run this 'adb devices' from the /tools/ dir and the pushes show data is transfered without error.

Any ideas?
ORA

92sho16

Jun 30, 2010
Syracuse
Here is the executable from the dinc. This is only intended for users of phones other than the Droid Incredible that are having audio issues. Run the code below. Make sure you do the backup first. This is not a boot animation; it is the executable that runs the animation. You still need to have your bootanimation.zip and android_audio.mp3 in /data/local/. If anyone has success/failures, post your results.

Download here -->

Code:
adb shell mv /system/bin/bootanimation /system/bin/bootanimation.bak
adb push bootanimation /system/bin/
adb shell chmod 755 /system/bin/bootanimation
adb reboot

Revert back:

Code:
adb shell rm /system/bin/bootanimation
adb shell mv /system/bin/bootanimation.bak /system/bin/bootanimation
adb reboot

Ok, so i tried this and my moto droid just displays the moto symbol for the entire boot with no sound. CHMOD 755 the file, do the bootanimation.zip and audio need to have certain permissions?

hitmaninpa

Jun 29, 2010
same here ran the exe did my back up.no bootanimation at all.i tried to chmod 755 /system/bin/bootanimation says permission denied.

i still have bootanimation and mp3 in data/local and in system/media.still a no go.

will try a few other things but it dont look promising:(

ihtfp69

Feb 22, 2009
same here ran the exe did my back up.no bootanimation at all.i tried to chmod 755 /system/bin/bootanimation says permission denied.

i still have bootanimation and mp3 in data/local and in system/media.still a no go.

will try a few other things but it dont look promising:(

If that step does not happen, you will get a black screen upon booting. Try doing everything in recovery using adb.

masterninja

Jun 24, 2009
Mansfield
Great! Thanks! I have been looking fo this! I found plenty, but none with working audio. BTW, just wanted to say that I pushed this using Android Commander and it works! On my EVO!!!:D

Thomas_m

Apr 22, 2010
So I tried this on my Eris and it worked but the image was too large. So I resized all the picture and edited the desc for 320x320 but I only get a black screen. Ideas?

RandomnDude

Feb 11, 2010
Im a super noob and dont use adb...i got the bootanimation.zip working through terminal emulator. Can anyone tell me how to make the droid sound work? Thanks in advance

holeshot77

Jul 11, 2008
Grimes, IA
I used the boot animation program in market. I unzipped the audio file and just added it to the bootanimation.zip file and proceeded to use the file. Fail.

animation works great but there is still no sound.

Everything is being pushed to /data/local/

Evo

I don't know how to use the SDK on Windows 7.

Last edited:

edu_re3

Apr 25, 2010
Milestone

I have a rooted Milestone, and using adb push or manually moving to data/local and i have the animation working great but no sound at all. I do all the steps posted befored and nothing. Maybe the Droid/Milestone/Nexus One share some kind of configuration that its not compatible with the steps that you post for the Droid Incredible

rickallen64

Sep 4, 2009
Twin Falls ID
Take no take

Hey.. Boot Animation is REALL COOL.. NO SOUND.. ADB TAKES BOTH FILE in Both modes shell outside OS and ADB inside OS Pushed FILE in a FILE and OUT of A FILE NO WORKIE MAN...WANNA HAVE SOUNDDDDD NEEEEDDDDD SOOOUUUNNNDDDDD.......GIMMIE AN IDEA.. TRIED ALL I KNOW

drmbdrummer

Feb 7, 2008
I have a rooted Milestone, and using adb push or manually moving to data/local and i have the animation working great but no sound at all. I do all the steps posted befored and nothing. Maybe the Droid/Milestone/Nexus One share some kind of configuration that its not compatible with the steps that you post for the Droid Incredible

I used the boot animation program in market. I unzipped the audio file and just added it to the bootanimation.zip file and proceeded to use the file. Fail.

animation works great but there is still no sound.

Everything is being pushed to /data/local/

Evo

I don't know how to use the SDK on Windows 7.

So I tried this on my Eris and it worked but the image was too large. So I resized all the picture and edited the desc for 320x320 but I only get a black screen. Ideas?

The files in here are figured for the incredible's screen size and directory locations; for any other phone you'll have to consult both 1. where you need to put these files and 2. how to edit the desc.txt file in the bootanimation.zip file..

oc3rulz

Jan 30, 2010
Columbus, OH
I have a Nexus One and I have tried just about every folder including /system/media/audio, even adding the audio into the bootanimation.zip and nothing has worked. I know sound can be played, just haven't found it.

I even tried switching the .mp3 into a .ogg but no dice.

Does anyone know where the Nexus One bootanimation sounds go?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys. I know this is about and around, but we got the sound working on boot (the "DROID" noise). So here's how you do it:

1. download both files below
    2. UNZIP the "android_audio.zip" file, put the audio file in your sdk/tools folder
    3. leave the "bootanimation.zip" file zipped, put in your sdk/tools folder
    4. go into adb and push both files as follows:

adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local
    adb push android_audio.mp3 /data/local
    adb reboot

This should work; if anyone has problems let me know.

ENJOY! :)

***UPDATE***

If you're still having issues with the sound not working, first make sure that you are unzipping the "android_audio" file...then pushing the .mp3 contained within the zip file.

Second, if it still doesn't work, try this in adb:

cd data
    cd local
    rm android_audio.mp3
    rm bootanimation.zip

then repush the two files!