Drag and Drop Brn / Bmp Converter w/Source

Search This thread

O'Neil MItchell

Sep 19, 2007
.Net Compact Framework

OK i was able to find it in the registry, uninstall it and install the .Net Compact Framework 2. After all of that i still got the same error message while trying to install the BRN Converter. Any more ideas would be appreciated

mtn_lion

May 9, 2005
Boulder CO
The brn converter runs on the desktop, not the handheld.

You need to have .Net Framework 2.0 installed *on the desktop.*

.Net *Compact* Framework is on the device--sounds like it's already installed. It isn't relevant to the brn converter.

di2356

Jan 23, 2008
New York City
Why doesnt the converted file open in photoshop. BRn->BMP views in windows pictures and fax viewer, but photohsop gives error : Could not complete your request because the file- format cannot parse the file. derf?

Sponzert

Apr 2, 2007
Dordrecht
Emty folder

I have a strange problem. I copied all the BRN-files from \Windows to an folder on my storage card. When i look in that folder i see all the BRN-files. I copy that folder to my PC (Vista 32b) and when i open the folder i don't see any files. The folder looks empty. Can anyone explain this to me and tell me how to deal with this?

sheaffej

Apr 25, 2008
Beautiful!

Great App! Thanks mate.

BTW for those who jump to the end of the forum:

Just download the app (first post) and unzip it on to your desktop. Then you'll have an .exe on your desktop. Click the .exe to launch the app on your desktop. Then drag a .bmp file (or .brn file) onto the window and it magically converts it to the other format.

Beautiful!

Note, this app requires your desktop to have the Microsoft .NET Framework installed. Since so many apps these days are written in .NET, you probably already have the framework installed.

TrickerTreater

Aug 8, 2008
Any version for Mac or Unix?

I'd love to see a version of this for Mac or Unix. Anyone have the recompiled code or know of another .BRN veiwer on Mac?

I've tried everything from PhotoShop to Device Central to what-have-you.

anandoc

Jul 4, 2007
Ottawa
www.anando.org
I have a strange problem. I copied all the BRN-files from \Windows to an folder on my storage card. When i look in that folder i see all the BRN-files. I copy that folder to my PC (Vista 32b) and when i open the folder i don't see any files. The folder looks empty. Can anyone explain this to me and tell me how to deal with this?

Make sure you can view system and hidden files on your Vista machine.

Brenn

May 28, 2008
I had to use irfranview to realize that the graphics programs wanted the converted files to be png not bmp. I renamed all the bmps to pngs and was then able to open in photoshop and revise them. Saved as bmp and I'm good.

drkfngthdragnlrd

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2008
Palmdale, CA
www.facebook.com
BUG: This program is great, but it's saving the image as a PNG with the .bmp extension. That being said you have to rename image.bmp to image.png in order to edit the image in Photoshop, than rename the image again back as a .bmp to export to .brn.