HTC One launched, Will you buy it ?

Search This thread

BurnRubber90

May 1, 2011
Guayaquil
Ehhh... Nope.
Looks nice, but their crappy support and their lack of updates made me stay away from them.
Buying a Nexus 4 at the moment.

wess786

Jan 28, 2010
The Netherlands
Google Pixel 4
i'll never buy another htc!!!!!!!
I have to agree with this. Before I bought this phone I had a Galaxy S2. The Galaxy S2 was amazing but unfortunately due to a hardware issue it got broken. Then I bought HTC because I wanted to try another brand. HTC's quality of the smartphone is great as well as their HTC Sense, but I feel more comfortable with the Galaxy S2.

I also hate the fact you have to S-OFF/Unlock bootloader, flash 4EXT recovery and then flash root. For example on the Galaxy S2 it was way easier. You just downloaded a custom kernel, flashed it and voila, you're rooted and got a custom recovery.

Earlier today I read an article about the HTC One aswell, but on a dutch website. It would cost 699 euros. Are you kidding me? 699 euros for a smartphone? You can buy lots of other great things with that and you can still have a great phone (For example Nexus 4 which is sold in Germany for 395 euros. 699-395 = 304 euros)

I'm saving my money right now for a Nexus 4 and get it. Like I already said HTC's build quality is great. It feels solid, but inside of the phone it could be better.

advisoryy

Dec 21, 2012
They made quality devices ( I mean components),but they failed with the updates. So,NO,I`ll never buy another HTC.

Firen

Feb 19, 2013
I got my Wildfire and Sensation 1 1/2 years after their start. I never expected a bleeding edge new device and i used custom roms right after getting it. I like the HTC design and also Sense(even i don´t right now).

I would buy it when it´s cheaper and htc would give up thier S-ON and "don´t give updated drivers for old devices" bull****. But the designs of the other manufacturer are not my taste. Maybe another Nexus from HTC, i don´t know.

I may ask, why you need an newer device, or the power them. Call me old but i don´t see the point in playing games on a smartphone.

Jedi2011

Sep 10, 2011
Nottingham
HELL YES.

My HTC Sensation has performed flawlessly for the last 18 months, I love how many devs are cooking custom ROMs for it, I've never had a single issue that couldn't be resolved with a ROM reflash.

The HTC One looks amazing, outperforms anything currently available to date, and has a screen to die for.

The only thing that could potentially change my mind is the Samsung Galaxy S4, but unless it massively outperforms the One in every area or comes with an app that gives me oral sex on demand I'll definitely be signing up for a HTC One.

lallolu

Dec 5, 2009
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
It is a powerful and beautiful phone but with HTC's behaviour over updates nowadays, it is a difficult choice. Also, this new camera that is 4mp, I wonder how the picture with be when zoomed. I zoom pictures a lot when I am editing which is why I like the 13mp cameras. It is not just about quality for me but also size after zooming.

Reactions: benno4403

arabology

Jan 25, 2011
Beirut
yeah i'm not buying it either. i don't trust hTC neither with software nor hardware anymore. for example, the sensation didn't get jellybean while it's definitely capable. Second, the speaker in it sucks (fact), battery calibration is always wrong, changing the digitizer 90% of the times gives you a faulty screen (even with an OEM part coz i got one and my screen acts CrAzY). Now, with the One X, the Tegra 3 sucked so bad that dropping the phone one time had the screen never to turn again unless you push the back casing exactly where the chip is. 20% of the first two shipments of One X's had that issue, not to forget the lousy cellular+WiFi reception. hTC never replied to the complains and assumed people's money as trash. then came the One X+ that made ALL One X holders so freaking mad...as hTC had officially whop it's 3-months-only so called flagship....

the sensation still is a good device, so i'm not changing it for the time being, but if i would, definitely no hTC for me, thank you. The HD2 ride was a one of a kind that will never repeat itself with hTC.

thaiboyger

Jul 2, 2012
I would buy if i had the money

But for now i will continue using sensation xe

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda app-developers app

badboy47

Nov 23, 2009
Nope. I moved on to Nexus 4. Sensation was my last HTC product.

Last edited:

HAIWABOBO

Mar 31, 2012
absolutely NO。。。
HTC always claimed that this is a ultimate version when one new phone released.
but as a matter of fact,it had never to be a [ultimate]...

Sultanxda

Recognized Developer
The hell with htc! Knowing them they'll probably release another new "breakthrough" phone within 120 days and completely ignore the One. Plus, since htc cares so much about customer satisfaction, all of their phones now come with S-ON! I was forced into rooting my Sensation because it was dysfunctional to the point where I may as well have had no phone at all. It was slow, out of date, overheated, and rebooted randomly all the time after the ICS update. One time I did a factory reset hoping it would alleviate the random reboots, but about 1 minute after having the phone on after the factory reset my phone rebooted randomly and after it turned on again the battery had gone down from 50% to 4%.

I'll probably wait for the Nexus 5.

Reactions: benno4403

arabology

Jan 25, 2011
Beirut
The hell with htc! Knowing them they'll probably release another new "breakthrough" phone within 120 days and completely ignore the One. Plus, since htc cares so much about customer satisfaction, all of their phones now come with S-ON! I was forced into rooting my Sensation because it was dysfunctional to the point where I may as well have had no phone at all. It was slow, out of date, overheated, and rebooted randomly all the time after the ICS update. One time I did a factory reset hoping it would alleviate the random reboots, but about 1 minute after having the phone on after the factory reset my phone rebooted randomly and after it turned on again the battery had gone down from 50% to 4%.

I'll probably wait for the Nexus 5.

Exactly. And I feel that way about the hTC DROID DNA (butterfly)...like, how long has it been launched? And now the One comes along and makes that device feel like crap in comparison. I don't know where the managers or marketers in that company had graduated from, coz I haven't seen anything worse than such management. They're launching 1GHz single core units in China with JB while they refuse to update a dual core unit. And I hardly, or never see any ads about hTC anywhere in the middle east. There's no innovation in the One, not quietly brilliant at all. Plus the new button layout is confusing, I've seen YouTube videos and the persons handling it keeps pressing over the logo instead of the actual soft keys. Plus, I bet the new aluminum body will lead to connectivity issues, they claim they've found a way, but hTC is known to fail.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC was wrong too with the failure to update our sensation of jelly beans
    yeah i'm not buying it either. i don't trust hTC neither with software nor hardware anymore. for example, the sensation didn't get jellybean while it's definitely capable. Second, the speaker in it sucks (fact), battery calibration is always wrong, changing the digitizer 90% of the times gives you a faulty screen (even with an OEM part coz i got one and my screen acts CrAzY). Now, with the One X, the Tegra 3 sucked so bad that dropping the phone one time had the screen never to turn again unless you push the back casing exactly where the chip is. 20% of the first two shipments of One X's had that issue, not to forget the lousy cellular+WiFi reception. hTC never replied to the complains and assumed people's money as trash. then came the One X+ that made ALL One X holders so freaking mad...as hTC had officially whop it's 3-months-only so called flagship....

the sensation still is a good device, so i'm not changing it for the time being, but if i would, definitely no hTC for me, thank you. The HD2 ride was a one of a kind that will never repeat itself with hTC.
    I have to agree with this. Before I bought this phone I had a Galaxy S2. The Galaxy S2 was amazing but unfortunately due to a hardware issue it got broken. Then I bought HTC because I wanted to try another brand. HTC's quality of the smartphone is great as well as their HTC Sense, but I feel more comfortable with the Galaxy S2.

I also hate the fact you have to S-OFF/Unlock bootloader, flash 4EXT recovery and then flash root. For example on the Galaxy S2 it was way easier. You just downloaded a custom kernel, flashed it and voila, you're rooted and got a custom recovery.

Earlier today I read an article about the HTC One aswell, but on a dutch website. It would cost 699 euros. Are you kidding me? 699 euros for a smartphone? You can buy lots of other great things with that and you can still have a great phone (For example Nexus 4 which is sold in Germany for 395 euros. 699-395 = 304 euros)

I'm saving my money right now for a Nexus 4 and get it. Like I already said HTC's build quality is great. It feels solid, but inside of the phone it could be better.
    HELL YES.

My HTC Sensation has performed flawlessly for the last 18 months, I love how many devs are cooking custom ROMs for it, I've never had a single issue that couldn't be resolved with a ROM reflash.

The HTC One looks amazing, outperforms anything currently available to date, and has a screen to die for.

The only thing that could potentially change my mind is the Samsung Galaxy S4, but unless it massively outperforms the One in every area or comes with an app that gives me oral sex on demand I'll definitely be signing up for a HTC One.
    It is a powerful and beautiful phone but with HTC's behaviour over updates nowadays, it is a difficult choice. Also, this new camera that is 4mp, I wonder how the picture with be when zoomed. I zoom pictures a lot when I am editing which is why I like the 13mp cameras. It is not just about quality for me but also size after zooming.