[27-08-08] L26 KaiserDiamond Throttle Launcher (Beta 6 released, discontinued)

Search This thread

brooksjat

Nov 24, 2007
I do want auto complete, just not for the hardware keyboard...

I need auto complete for the contacts though.

I have 1.6.17913 or MSVC

I wonder you can use kaiser tweak or advance config...i know theres a setting there for number of words to suggest. Maybe choose '0'?

There's gotta be some difference because autocomplete for contacts is searching in a 'local database' where as the auto complete (that you're wanting turned off) is just searching for possible words in a 'dictionary'...

Tommy4u

Jan 23, 2008
Amsterdam
Rom update hangs at 0%

When I run the .exe it hangs at 0%..any ideas???

Reboot doesn't work
I disabled all locking options..power options etc.
The ROM version I currently have is: 3.29.404.0 NLD
Radio-verison: 1.65.16.25
Protocolversion: 25.83.40.02H

Thanks..
Grts Tommy

DisneyF1

Nov 8, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Landscape home

Great ROM! Easily the best I've seen - nice work!

a couple of tweaks I'd like to find out about, though.

The home screen in landscape mode is a great idea for new inputs, like the hTC action screen, but I'd like to be able to access it without going to landscape mode. How do I do that?

The bigger question is - How do I get the PDC clock display to come up instead of the new item screen? I usually keep My TILT on the desk an in the car in a dock that is landscape only. It would be great to have at least part of the normal home screen displayed in this mode.

Also, how do I change the color of the items on the homescreen from grey to white?

Thanks, again.

-OZ

Jason Syn

Dec 29, 2007
Denver
Great ROM! Easily the best I've seen - nice work!

a couple of tweaks I'd like to find out about, though.

The home screen in landscape mode is a great idea for new inputs, like the hTC action screen, but I'd like to be able to access it without going to landscape mode. How do I do that?

The bigger question is - How do I get the PDC clock display to come up instead of the new item screen? I usually keep My TILT on the desk an in the car in a dock that is landscape only. It would be great to have at least part of the normal home screen displayed in this mode.

Also, how do I change the color of the items on the homescreen from grey to white?

Thanks, again.

-OZ

For the clock in landscape mode you can change the battery meter on the top to a clock in Schap's AdvancedConfig, it's in utilities. That's about the only thing you can change because Throttle just defaults to the Action screen when in landscape. Might I suggest searching for the "Vista Hide battery" app if you do. It makes a line across the top of the screen indicating battery life. That's the way I have mine set up.

You can't change the color of the font on the home screen unless you know xml...it's coded that way.

butro

May 15, 2008
Houston
Ok, I have done a few searches through this thread and cannot find anything about this so here goes...

I have found a huge memory problem / issue with Throttle Launcher. I flashed the beta 2 Throttle launcher ROM (which is awesome I might add) this past weekend after I finally got my screen fixed. A week with answering my phone as if it was a corded landline phone before caller ID got really annoying. MyMobiler came to the rescue.

The main memory problem that I found is not with RAM but with storage memory. Like I said, I flashed the ROM this weekend, installed the apps I use normally and played with the TL settings to get things how I liked (weather, mail, SMS, etc). Once I was done, I left everything alone and went about using my phone normally. I noticed on Saturday night and Sunday morning that my phone was operating very sluggish and almost non-responsive at times. I also noticed that if I closed an application (any app or even the Program or Settings menu) that the screen still showed the app. I was confused as I could go to the running tasks and it was not open. I then tried touching the lower part of the screen as if the today screen were showing and I was going to slide over to SMS, Mail, weather, etc and then the Today screen shows up. Weird I thought. I continued using the phone but again, every time I opened something and closed it, the Today screen will not show unless I touched the screen and then the screen would refresh and Today would then appear.

This morning, as I am getting ready for work my phone pops up a message that says something along the line of phone storage memory critically low, please delete any large files. I was dumbfounded as I had not installed anything very large. I checked my storage usage and I had 0.0 MB free. :confused: I started wondering if TL was the problem because the Today screen was not showing up. I went to the Program directory and low and behold, the file "throttletoday.txt" had ballooned to 60-something megs. I then tried using the Reload Today button under the settings menu and the file was back down to a few kilobytes and everything is working ok and as smooth as it was when I first flashed. The Today screen will actually show when I close an app.

Has anyone else seen this? Anyone know a fix? Has this been documented somewhere that I may have not checked? I admit, I have not looked too much in depth at the actual TL forums. As we try new things and have to reload today to get the settings to appear, I do not believe that this file does not have a chance to get so large. The contents of the file look to be a log of some sort.

Second, anyone notice that Opera does not work so well? Every time I have used it, it freezes on me. That, I believe is RAM. I have checked all the autounload boxes on TouchFlo 3D settings as to decrease RAM usage although I did read something about the 0.9.3 version that you don't really need to use this. Any suggestions?

Thanks again for this fantastic ROM.

tgerbracht

Jan 15, 2008
When I am at the Home screen and I slide out the keyboard, it switches to a new screen showing "new e-mail" "new-sms" "new task" etc etc. Where did my clock go? Does this not work in landscape?

nickgallis

Jan 18, 2008
if possible have icon on botton of screen to message and contact to increase speed on find person when want phone ...

djp76

Jan 23, 2008
essex
No I forgot to add these, will do in Beta 3. :(

This must work I tried myself, reload Throttle when your done.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2525603&postcount=394

Just tried it again turned it off in today options before hand and tried it with it still on still no joy im afraid i must be doing something wrong but i cant think what.

Im going to device/programfiles/throttlelauncher/setup/touchflo3d and pasting the two xml files it promps to overwrite one of them but as the other does not exist it just copies straight away.

Anyone else having this trouble?

Thanks again for all your hard work on this rom.

Slaphappy100

Mar 16, 2008
Lothians
taseevo.net
memory leak?

Same thing happened to me this morning, phone woke me up at 3am bleeping about low storage ram (on checking it was showing 0mb free).
After a soft reset and it's back to normal 80mb free.
Also running Beta 2...
Any ideas anyone?
The main memory problem that I found is not with RAM but with storage memory. Like I said, I flashed the ROM this weekend, installed the apps I use normally and played with the TL settings to get things how I liked (weather, mail, SMS, etc). Once I was done, I left everything alone and went about using my phone normally. I noticed on Saturday night and Sunday morning that my phone was operating very sluggish and almost non-responsive at times. I also noticed that if I closed an application (any app or even the Program or Settings menu) that the screen still showed the app. I was confused as I could go to the running tasks and it was not open. I then tried touching the lower part of the screen as if the today screen were showing and I was going to slide over to SMS, Mail, weather, etc and then the Today screen shows up. Weird I thought. I continued using the phone but again, every time I opened something and closed it, the Today screen will not show unless I touched the screen and then the screen would refresh and Today would then appear.

This morning, as I am getting ready for work my phone pops up a message that says something along the line of phone storage memory critically low, please delete any large files. I was dumbfounded as I had not installed anything very large. I checked my storage usage and I had 0.0 MB free. :confused: I started wondering if TL was the problem because the Today screen was not showing up. I went to the Program directory and low and behold, the file "throttletoday.txt" had ballooned to 60-something megs. I then tried using the Reload Today button under the settings menu and the file was back down to a few kilobytes and everything is working ok and as smooth as it was when I first flashed. The Today screen will actually show when I close an app.

Has anyone else seen this? Anyone know a fix? Has this been documented somewhere that I may have not checked? I admit, I have not looked too much in depth at the actual TL forums. As we try new things and have to reload today to get the settings to appear, I do not believe that this file does not have a chance to get so large. The contents of the file look to be a log of some sort.

Second, anyone notice that Opera does not work so well? Every time I have used it, it freezes on me. That, I believe is RAM. I have checked all the autounload boxes on TouchFlo 3D settings as to decrease RAM usage although I did read something about the 0.9.3 version that you don't really need to use this. Any suggestions?

I don't normally do this, due to cluttering up the threads with junk, but I have to say this is the most exciting ROM i've flashed on my Kaiser yet! Thanks Leo for livening up my phone and me! A GREAT ROM with the Throttle Launcher!! I keep finding myself just turning on my phone to see the Clock flaps change and checking out how the options at the bottom slide across... THANKS!!!:D

If the admins want to remove this, NP.

bushu16

Mar 20, 2008
Bombay
Oh YES!!!
even i faced the same issue...

Ok, I have done a few searches through this thread and cannot find anything about this so here goes...

I have found a huge memory problem / issue with Throttle Launcher. I flashed the beta 2 Throttle launcher ROM (which is awesome I might add) this past weekend after I finally got my screen fixed. A week with answering my phone as if it was a corded landline phone before caller ID got really annoying. MyMobiler came to the rescue.

bushu16

Mar 20, 2008
Bombay
Analog flash clock

can anyone tell me how to change the digital home screen clock to Analog. I have seen it in some posts but not sure

tak.japan

Oct 12, 2007

What's your storage limit on the card?
I've never had the problem with storage card.... But, my 6GB memory is quickly draining due to musics... thinking about getting 16GB:)

Edit: I did find there is 2MB of stuff in "cache" folder... that may be a cause of it??

JimmyMcGee

Moderator Emeritus
Same thing happened to me this morning, phone woke me up at 3am bleeping about low storage ram (on checking it was showing 0mb free).
After a soft reset and it's back to normal 80mb free.
Also running Beta 2...
Any ideas anyone?

What programs were running in the background? Maybe set the "x" to close the program instead of just minimizing it. Or before you go to bed again close all your programs via Task Manger. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What everyone has to understand is there are two versions of weather and two ways to change them. If you are using flash weather you have to get your code from accuweather.com and enter it in the varis.txt file. If you are using the normal option just change your city in the ThrottleConfig menu. Make sense?

i exactly did that and still, when flash is checked it didnt work..
    mine only worked if flash weather was unchecked
    hi,
    Well i have B2 installed and cannot get darm gps to work. did not work with the original release either. have not touched any settings. pretty much did this. flash to B2 / let all the autoconfig do its thing / run quickgps / install google maps and activate gps... not seeing any satellites or locking on anything. the orange/red light blinks but nothing.. even outside. I have an att tilt and live in florida.

any suggestions for me? thank you much...

Go back to the 1st post - make sure you have the correct radio version and SPL version installed.
    Leo this rom is better than ever, after a lot of reading almost everything is working the way i like it (the rom is beautifull and quite fast as well, but getting to know TL is a lot of work).

But i keep having troubles with plugins on the TL home screen.
    The fix mentioned in post 2 (enabling plugins) finally works (I had to disable the plugins in the original HTC home display), but when i select a plugin, the standard clock disappears. (tried enabling flash clock, but then throttlelauncher hangs).

Any help or insight into why this happens?

This might actually be an xml issue.
    Blazingwolf wrote this config by my request to be able to run PDC on my device instead of the std diamond clock.
    It is very well possible that this disappearing of the diamond clock is set in the xml in favor of the PDC todayplugin.
    This might be the issue, if you actually like the diamond clock.

Maybe someone could look at the att'd xml files and see if this is fixable.