FORUMS

windows 95 on HD2 (for real)

612 posts
Thanks Meter: 294

By ozkaya, Senior Member on 24th February 2010, 09:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Have you guys tried Windows 95 on HD2? It is a Bochs emulation, I can get it full screen (only VGA though) but can't get the mouse work. Although it is freeware, I saw it on a warez site and I don't know if it is legal or so, hence I'm not posting any links. Just google it if you're interested.
24th February 2010, 11:41 AM |#2  
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 0

More
why would you do such a thing?
24th February 2010, 06:55 PM |#3  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yngvebn

why would you do such a thing?

Why not ?
(curosity killed the cat)
1st March 2010, 12:06 AM |#4  
Flag Telford
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Smile me too
yeah im trying this too, i have to move the bochs windows around the screen, if you go on config, then misc and tick mouse then go on vga keyboard and press f12 and make sure the mouse is ticked it should eventually work, mine did.
anyone who gets it to work please fill us in on the blanks lol love the HD2 and it would be cool to get this bochs working, once we have this working we can simply use the configured settings and make our own win98 image
2nd March 2010, 12:51 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
qemu
You should try Qemu instead, there is a russian port of it for WMobile, i have tested it on the HD2 with windows 95 and works surprisingly good,muuch faster than bochs, only issue is the small keyboard (BSB with pinchzoom helps lots though) and mouse implementation is no good...

I think if this port evolves and matures focused in the multitouch ( a bit like FPSECE is heading with v1.0) it could be one of the nicest surprises on our HD2!

Also played some games, Starcraft being one of them and its quite playable,even the intro and cd sound works (though lags a bit) Its by no means as fast as the pocketstarcraft port, but this is the real thing, all units and bloodwar expansion on it so its quite a nice

Windows itself works pretty fast once the vga drivers and all components are properly installed,there is one issue with the mouse icon,and few other glitches, but still nice and usable.

Im having lots of fun just installing stuff.

If there was any developer over this great forum working on the interface mainly, it would be amazing!

with some free time i will try to post a quick video in youtube if anyone is interested
4th March 2010, 04:38 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 294

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miko3d

You should try Qemu instead, there is a russian port of it for WMobile, i have tested it on the HD2 with windows 95 and works surprisingly good,muuch faster than bochs, only issue is the small keyboard (BSB with pinchzoom helps lots though) and mouse implementation is no good...

I think if this port evolves and matures focused in the multitouch ( a bit like FPSECE is heading with v1.0) it could be one of the nicest surprises on our HD2!

Also played some games, Starcraft being one of them and its quite playable,even the intro and cd sound works (though lags a bit) Its by no means as fast as the pocketstarcraft port, but this is the real thing, all units and bloodwar expansion on it so its quite a nice

Windows itself works pretty fast once the vga drivers and all components are properly installed,there is one issue with the mouse icon,and few other glitches, but still nice and usable.

Im having lots of fun just installing stuff.

If there was any developer over this great forum working on the interface mainly, it would be amazing!

with some free time i will try to post a quick video in youtube if anyone is interested

I would be interested if you could post a little guide for Windows 95 on QEMU or a video. Thanks.
7th March 2010, 06:51 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Many thanks for this tip miko3d!

LOL!! HoMM2 are fully playable on my HD2 using this russian pack. This is superb-completely-amazing!

I see great potential there, sadly looks like this project is not going to be developed further..

All the details are there (just use google translate):

http://forum.pdaprime.ru/index.php?showtopic=45356
10th March 2010, 01:10 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hey that Qemu solution seems a lot better than the Bochs one indeed... got both my Win95 and Win98 images to run, and the mouse is even useable!

I didn't get the keyboard though, there are the couple of keys at the bottom, but is there a way to get a full onscreen keyboard within qemu, or do we have to play with the hardware button to show/hide SIP trick?
10th March 2010, 03:08 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
guys, this seems interesting.
instead of doing emulation, can we do something like the haret?
boot the phone from storage card and run win xp tablet on it?
10th March 2010, 05:01 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
what's going on? does it work? will u provide any screenshot?
10th March 2010, 09:39 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffruff

instead of doing emulation, can we do something like the haret?
boot the phone from storage card and run win xp tablet on it?

No, because PC versions of Windows are made to run on PC x86 processors, not on the ARM ones used in mobile devices. So, emulation is necessary.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)