Originally Posted by kilrah

I just got more "lucky"

i'm curious,how you'll manage to press ALT+CTRL+DEL :lol:
20th March 2010, 12:49 PM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aszu

Instructions are in one of my previous posts.

I played with this software a bit more today. Looks like QEMU is quite picky when it comes to disk image formats, bootloaders etc. After many tries, using different DOS versions, drivers and so on finally I was able to create perfect combination.

It is fixed 512MB image with DOS 7.1 - this should give plenty of space for any dos-based programs. I tweaked DOS RAM configuration, so there is ample of conventional memory + XMS + EMS memory available, it should be able to handle everything you throw at it It also has mouse support.

I placed on it some useful applicators as well:

- Volkov Commander - excellent clone of Norton Commander, makes navigation with 'mouse' much easier!
- Bytemark Nbench - simple but very useful benchmark, according to it QEMU on HD2 achieves almost 100% speed of Pentium 90Mhz in fixed-point and about 30% in floating point operations.
- A few old classic games. Legend of Kyrandia is fully and easily playable with current controls. Others like Settlers 2, Albion (best RPG ever!) or C&C would be perfectly fine if not clumsy mouse control.. Sadly, Betrayal at Krondor doesn't go past the loading screen

Obviously you can quickly add new applications to this image using Winimage (that is the whole point anyway).

Just extract files in archive to 'emul' directory in QEMU folder.

DOS image (+ tools) for QEMU

THis is fantastic, Really great work. I was trying to add 'Sam and Max, Day of the Tentacle etc.. but it seems I am limited to about 540MB of space in the image, I can't seem to find a way to increase this?
20th March 2010, 02:51 PM |#113  
Flag Dijon
Thanks Meter: 137

More
I had the blue screen too when trying to run Win98, it boots, starts, shows me a few usual boot screen things and blue screen is here when the desktop shows. I suppose it's my win98 image that is responsible, I'm not used at all to create such images, got my old Win98 CDrom and made the image myself, but really fun to see this blue screen lool
21st March 2010, 02:19 AM |#114  
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
If you want to play Sam & Max, DoTT, etc, use ScummVM rather than emulate DOS.
21st March 2010, 04:46 PM |#115  
Flag Dijon

More
How did some of you reach to boot Win98?

Whatever the .img I create, I get the blue screen with the same error message as the one you can see above.
I've tried some 5 images and can't pass this error. Windows boots, loads, and crashes just before I can see the desktop.
I also tried 2 images I downloaded (I know it's not good, but since I own a genuine Windows 98, who cares lol) but they did not work better than the ones I had created myself from the CD....

I know it's useless to run Win98, it just for fun! If someone can help me to have a working image, that would be really nice.
21st March 2010, 05:10 PM |#116  

More
check aszu's post here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=18

I got it working fine, just accept the defaults when choosing the image and you should be away, I'm installing Compuserve as we speak .. hahaha, this is brilliant.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen012.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	296908   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen015.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	296909   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen017.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	296910   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen018.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	296911  
21st March 2010, 05:37 PM |#117  
Flag Dijon

More
I was speaking about Win98 Win95 is indeed working really well
21st March 2010, 10:02 PM |#118  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
It seems the newer Qemu version (mamaich tweaked one) craps with Win98. I got the bluescreen too, but the same image booted fine with the qemu build from the russian forum (check the beginning of the thread for links and my W98 screenshot).
21st March 2010, 11:24 PM |#119  
Flag Dijon

More
Thanks kilrah for the information

The russian forum is currently down (just right now....pretty sure it was up few days ago, I should have downloaded it immediatly)
I'll try again tomorrow and hope to get through this .....(let(s stay polite)...boring blue screen (it reminds me my PC a few years ago....rahhhhhhrrgghh!!!! lol)

EDIT: the russian forum is still down...did someone download the Qemu build of this forum and can upload it? I really would see win98 too
EDIT bis: their forum is up again!
23rd March 2010, 10:52 AM |#120  
Flag Warsaw

More
zoom?
Hi,

Does anyone know how to zoom in QEMU?
ZOOMER doesn't work for this application.

23rd March 2010, 01:33 PM |#121  
Flag Heidelberg / Mannheim

More
use BsB Tweaks and its Pinch2Zoom

works perfect on Qemu
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)