windows 95 on HD2 (for real)

612 posts
Thanks Meter: 294

By ozkaya, Senior Member on 24th February 2010, 09:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th March 2010, 03:24 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
guys, make sure you have installed the cirrus graphic drivers properly, it makes big difference,win95 works really fast in 16 bits with those drivers,win98 needs more memory, make sure you have given plenty of it in the qemu settings, Qemu has some issues at accesing and writing data, it seem to stall,

there are great apps and games to try, as I already wrote before Starcraft Broodwars runs on it,with the full units, missions packs etc... and the speed is surprisingly good ingame, the biggest issue is the clunky interface for the keyboard and the mouse, really needs to be developed for the HD2 multitouch.

i have also tried civilization 2 and theme hospital with good speed.

but there are plenty more that comes to my mind like c&c red alert, total anihilation,settler2 etc... basically any game of around mid 90s, maybe even newer....
11th March 2010, 03:27 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miko3d

guys, make sure you have installed the cirrus graphic drivers properly, it makes big difference,win95 works really fast in 16 bits with those drivers,win98 needs more memory, make sure you have given plenty of it in the qemu settings, Qemu has some issues at accesing and writing data, it seem to stall,

there are great apps and games to try, as I already wrote before Starcraft Broodwars runs on it,with the full units, missions packs etc... and the speed is surprisingly good ingame, the biggest issue is the clunky interface for the keyboard and the mouse, really needs to be developed for the HD2 multitouch.

i have also tried civilization 2 and theme hospital with good speed.

but there are plenty more that comes to my mind like c&c red alert, total anihilation,settler2 etc... basically any game of around mid 90s, maybe even newer....

How do you install games with this emulator? I don't seem to get access to the memory card from My computer?
11th March 2010, 03:31 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arxx

How do you install games with this emulator? I don't seem to get access to the memory card from My computer?

Its easy, just mount the hd image using winimage and then drag and drop folders, or you can also make virtual isos and mount them in qemu
11th March 2010, 03:54 PM |#34  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miko3d

Its easy, just mount the hd image using winimage and then drag and drop folders, or you can also make virtual isos and mount them in qemu

Cool, now I can google those things you just said thanks!
11th March 2010, 03:55 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Whahahaha.....

I had the blue screen on it.... Pitty I did not have a camera within my reach....

Cool....
11th March 2010, 05:55 PM |#36  

More
magic mouse
can it use the bluetooth of the phone ??
so i can use my magic mouse and logitech keyboard
11th March 2010, 05:57 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
can someone upload a video of booting \ usage. it will got alot of publicity for sure
11th March 2010, 08:51 PM |#38  
Flag Blackpool
Thanks Meter: 340

More
sorry for being an idiot but i opend the qemu launcher and i selected stor card/qemu/emul/win95 n nuthing happens wen i hit launch any tips?
11th March 2010, 08:54 PM |#39  
Flag Blackpool

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96edwy

sorry for being an idiot but i opend the qemu launcher and i selected stor card/qemu/emul/win95 n nuthing happens wen i hit launch any tips?

nvm sorry i extracted it with winrar and didnt do extract files i did folder so i had 2 win95 folders
11th March 2010, 08:59 PM |#40  
Flag Blackpool

More
im sure someoneon here could modify the qemu slightly lik make the keybourd so tht it pops up wen u clik sumthin and obviously bigger than it is now and make it fullscreen n stuff
11th March 2010, 09:39 PM |#41  
Flag kaatsheuvel
Thanks Meter: 11

More
i've made a video for you

erik
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)