[PROJ][Ongoing..]SE Xperia X1 Panels Porting Project for Touch HD!!! - NO CAB YET!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

s-slawa

Sep 1, 2008
The pictures and the YouTube vid are both !SINGH!'s I believe but since he hasn't released his (non-working) version I'd bet you have modaco's version, which also doesn't work properly.

As a pointless toy it may limp along with many of the Panels non-functional, but it does not work as a fully functional piece of software.

i have madaco´s version
and the pannels work very wel
only media and radio dosn´t wort
the other pannels work well!!!
use a 6.5 rom with manila v3
and wiht boath it works!!!:D:D:cool:

mcdull

Feb 15, 2007
Hong Kong
The project is far from dead, but if you have a read back through the thread you'll see !SINGH! has many projects on the go as well as real life commitments. He has also said he will not be releasing anything until it is fully compatable and working as intended. The long and the short of it is you will need to be patient if you want fully working panels for your HD :)

I see no reason to wait until everything to be perfect. Even SonyE dare not to say its panel is fully compatible with X1. Bugs are always there and guys in XDA get used to it. Of course the author has the choice on whether to share or not, but I would say ppl are losing interest on it.

Griff1

Dec 11, 2008
UK
Look just stop bumping this thread,i wouldn't give him the satisfaction.
There's no cab and there won't be a cab.

The big jessy threw his dummy out the pram ages ago,stop beating a dead horse.

darrenmc168

Dec 4, 2007
what a surprise

its a dead duck, was as far back as beggining of december, he cant do it, there is nothing wrong in admitting that instead of leaving ppl hanging, but then me thinks he likes to be the center of attention.
nice try, but it is over let it go and close this down now !

Gustopher

Hugely valuable contributions from XDA vets with a combined total of 36 posts experience between them! Care to list your contributions...over and above sniping?

@griff1

I would avoid the personal insults or look forward to a ban. Unjustified, inaccurate and unfair. An apology is in order.

@darrenmc168

Some of us were just coming to terms with your announcement of 11th March that you were flouncing out of this thread and never coming back...but now you are back - you can't toy with our emotions like this!

More seriously, what is 'hanging'? There wasn't a CAB before and there isn't a CAB now?

!SINGH! likes to be 'centre of attention' does he? That's why he hasn't posted or bumped this thread since 24th February. Seems to me from your 11th March 'announcement' that one of you likes to be centre of attention and I don't think it's !SINGH!...

What needs to be 'closed down'? Threads don't typically get closed down, people just stop posting to them because they become irrelevant or out of date. If people like you and griff1 left it alone that's exactly what would happen.

To summarise:
  • There never was a CAB that was released other than to testers and there isn't one now. Disappointing, but there still might be one yet
  • No promises were made or deadlines set
  • No money changed hands
  • No one was injured or died during the process
So why the hell are you two so bitter?

riz157

May 23, 2008
London
I think some of the members are just getting a bit fustrated with waiting and not knowing whether this project is still on or not. However that does not warrant calling names or insulting another especially someone like Singh who has sacrificed his own time, money energy to this project. A project which he is more then willing to share with others.

Even if the project may never see the light of day then atleast it was an attempt - more then what most of us have done on this forum.

I do have one request of Singh for the benefit of those who are awaiting patiently for the completion of the project whether he is still working on it or not? If not then thanks for trying and if you are any update?

darrenmc168

Dec 4, 2007
did i not say "nice try" and "no shame in not being able to do it" try reading post properly before climbing up the there arse.. EVERYONE is entitled to an opinion and if people cant take critism from people who are frustrated at the lack of updates on this post, then they shouldnt post in the first place, here is an idea ' if it aint ready tell people, if it cant be done...admit it, there is no shame only respect for havin the balls to try. I cant believe the amount of arse kissing that goes on oh these forums, its a great idea to share and learn from each other, as i am, and if i have a comment i can and will post it, if you dont like it ...tough, its a free world, you are entiled to ignor me or reply (as you did)..thats why its called a FORUM ...for opionions to be shared.
And im sure you will be happy to hear that i wont be posting or visiting here anymore other than to view the arse kissin comments placed to have a dig at me........if this is ongoing good luck, my advise ' try to give people some thing towards how it is doing, dont you understand people are interested and just want to know how its going......'if they get that, then maybe just maybe they wont get as frustrated.

Ineedtoys

did i not say "nice try" and "no shame in not being able to do it" try reading post properly before climbing up the there arse.. EVERYONE is entitled to an opinion and if people cant take critism from people who are frustrated at the lack of updates on this post, then they shouldnt post in the first place, here is an idea ' if it aint ready tell people, if it cant be done...admit it, there is no shame only respect for havin the balls to try. I cant believe the amount of arse kissing that goes on oh these forums, its a great idea to share and learn from each other, as i am, and if i have a comment i can and will post it, if you dont like it ...tough, its a free world, you are entiled to ignor me or reply (as you did)..thats why its called a FORUM ...for opionions to be shared.
And im sure you will be happy to hear that i wont be posting or visiting here anymore other than to view the arse kissin comments placed to have a dig at me........if this is ongoing good luck, my advise ' try to give people some thing towards how it is doing, dont you understand people are interested and just want to know how its going......'if they get that, then maybe just maybe they wont get as frustrated.
Good grief. Why all the vitriol? Singh has no obligation to you or anyone else to deliver a product or share what he has done already. Most people with a modicum of sense have already accepted that the project has come to a standstill, or are using the alternative versions posted in this thread. So why get all wound up and frustrated over something that has plainly come to a halt?
There's enough buzz around here with developments that are happening, to waste time getting hot under the collar about things that aren't.
Deal with it and get a life.

Last edited:

!SINGH!

Jan 22, 2007
Solihull
One and All.

I have stayed off this thread.. as all that occurs is.. Mud slinging and *****ing... and then other forum members having to defend the project.

First middle and bottom lines.

I started this.. long ago.. after i asked if anyone could do it.. as I wanted it on my phone...

No one was working on it.. and after posting a few times.. I went and purchased 2 HD's and 2 X1s Direct...

I then started working on it myself... and found there is that many hooks into the core OS.. that it soon becomes unstable.. and trashes the phone. After you have all waited so long for a nigh on perfect phone.. last thing u want is for it to become no longer usable.

I owe no one anything.. and never ever tried to be centre of attention... I only wanted to share something I created...to make your phones better.

You will find lots of other stuff I have helped on or created from scratch...with huge time and effort put in..... and never once asked for anything.. (except maybe.. you buy your own moms or your mrs some flowers...)....15 tabs / manila facelift / soft reset / lots of other stuff and enhancements..just to name a few...

I have asked over and over.. for assistance from chefs..and other devs... but had no help. Many promise.. but as with life.. they have many other things to do...and no assistance has ever occured.

I have recently been seriously ill.. and have to recoup at home...and have been for the past few weeks..

I said I would get this thing working... and wouldn't stop till it was. I never accept defeat.. (hardwired as a Singh)
I never accept It can't be done.. just degrees of difficulty!.

Thus...

I have asked the-equinoxe to close the thread...and delete all "non helpful" posts.

As and when I am happy I have a working project.. this will be re-opened.. but i'm not prepared to keep this open for people to ***** on!.. This is not a helpdesk!...

If any of you feel that you can do better.. please.. do as modaco... create a copy paste.. and put it on your phone.

Simple...As modaco did.

Copy from X1

HKLM\Software\SonyEricsson
copy folders \program files\Panels
copy folders \program files\PanelManager

and put them on your HD...

run \program files\panelmanager\panelmanager.exe

Don't worry about pruning anything in reg keys/files..... because if you are doing this.. then you really don't care about stability...

But I will not put something out.. that will trash your phone... you can do all of that yourself.

!Singh!

Status
Not open for further replies.