[Q] Help custom kernel

Search This thread

Interface23

Apr 23, 2014
Can i use a stock kernel (gingerbread) on my custom rom Cyanogenmod kitkat, is posible?:victory:

Thanks.

Interface23

Apr 23, 2014

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Reactions: Interface23

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Battery draining (4 hours top), some lags and phone is a little bit hot.

Battery is dead after 4 hours of gaming/browsing or standby?? Use Performance Control to set up the kernel right ;) Android 4+ uses virtual ram taht may slow down the performance. Set swappiness in vm settings to 30. Keep in mind that zRam should be not more than 25% of the physical ram. Set sdcard read value to 512kb or 2048kb. Try different combinations of scheduler/governour. Don't overclock the cpu/gpu if the device already becomes hot.

In many cases the presetted kernel config is just kinda crappy and you can gain a lot by matching it to your needs :)

Last edited:

Interface23

Apr 23, 2014
Battery is dead after 4 hours of gaming/browsing or standby?? Use Performance Control to set up the kernel right ;) Android 4+ uses virtual ram taht may slow down the performance. Set swappiness in vm settings to 30. Keep in mind that zRam should be not more than 25% of the physical ram. Set sdcard read value to 512kb or 2048kb. Try different combinations of scheduler/governour. Don't overclock the cpu/gpu if the device already becomes hot.

In many cases the presetted kernel config is just kinda crappy and you can gain a lot by matching it to your needs :)

Just standby. Anyway, I will try with the performace control. Thanks

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
As you know, you're clever - me not :( Just a moment please :)

You got the Latin American version. Its made for other Cellular Networks than the international version :(

CM10.1 with 2.6 based kernel --> LINK should work better than the CM11 build :eek:

And a alternative CM 10.1.3 build --> LINK

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts