ADB backup of stock apps on HTC One. help needed

Search This thread

abhyuditjain

Oct 6, 2013
Hey guys,
I'm new here so bear with me.
I have HTC One m7 unlocked version in India.
I want to root my device and to do so I'll have to unlock the bootloader which will remove certain apps like flashlight, calculator etc.
I want to keep using stock rom and be able to get OTA updates which requires all the missing apps as it checks md5.
To avoid that I was thinking of making an ADB backup. Will that backup those apps? And if yes then how to put those apps back after rooting so as to get OTA updates?

Please help.

yatindroid

Sep 23, 2009
Jaipur
Hey guys,
I'm new here so bear with me.
I have HTC One m7 unlocked version in India.
I want to root my device and to do so I'll have to unlock the bootloader which will remove certain apps like flashlight, calculator etc.
I want to keep using stock rom and be able to get OTA updates which requires all the missing apps as it checks md5.
To avoid that I was thinking of making an ADB backup. Will that backup those apps? And if yes then how to put those apps back after rooting so as to get OTA updates?

Please help.
there's two way command based or app based
If you want just backup app apk use any app backup software
If you need settings for those app also use Helium app from play store it will help you much
We can help you better if you provide more info like android version firmware version dual /single SIM

from HTC One

abhyuditjain

Oct 6, 2013
yqe7a8av.jpg

This contains the software information etc.
The problem is that the flashlight and calculator apps are in the /data folder and not in the /system.
So while unlocking the /data gets wiped completely. I don't want that because the OTA checks md5 and if those apps are not there, it won't update.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

yatindroid

Sep 23, 2009
Jaipur
Use es file explorer it contains app manager which shows every app you can backup any app see pics

from HTC One

Attachments

• 1402152416288.jpg
    1402152416288.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 1402152438250.jpg
    1402152438250.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 1402152475372.jpg
    1402152475372.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 50

yatindroid

Sep 23, 2009
Jaipur
Custom recovery will help you
TWRP have file manager so you can copy there or you can make update zip flash in twrp

from HTC One

abhyuditjain

Oct 6, 2013
yes I'm telling my experience
If you have ota extract 1 file updater script & verify apps in your system

from HTC One

Can you be more specific as I'm completely new to this world. I haven't yet unlocked my bootloader. So I want to be very sure before doing this. I really want to receive those OTA updates after rooting.
Please explain in detail.

yatindroid

Sep 23, 2009
Jaipur
Can you be more specific as I'm completely new to this world. I haven't yet unlocked my bootloader. So I want to be very sure before doing this. I really want to receive those OTA updates after rooting.
Please explain in detail.

unlocking boot loader wipes all data including phone storage except system so some apps & data at data/preload also deleted when ota update script checks & it not found it fails ota so after unlocking you need restore all that data for ota check
Basically India Rom 4.4.2 sense 5.5 data/preload have 5-6 apps & weather animation vedio folder so you need all that matter to restore
For restore you also need root & file manager (root explorer)
If you wanna unlocked boot loader & root then ota geather all stuff or you can use stock Rom reset which have all apps you needed
So you have two options backup these apps Stock Rom reset or manually restore apps with help of root

Ota also match md5 or sha1 property of every app file so you can't take them from any other country Rom because they have different md5
Some apps I remember calculator flash light HTC ringtones trimmer Twitter client HTC sound recorder soundhound 7digital
Goto these apps setting check if it can be uninstall so they are in data/preload check them
Weather animation vedio can be found in any custom Rom system/media folder

from HTC One

Last edited:

abhyuditjain

Oct 6, 2013
unlocking boot loader wipes all data including phone storage except system so some apps & data at data/preload also deleted when ota update script checks & it not found it fails ota so after unlocking you need restore all that data for ota check
Basically India Rom 4.4.2 sense 5.5 data/preload have 5-6 apps & weather animation vedio folder so you need all that matter to restore
For restore you also need root & file manager (root explorer)
If you wanna unlocked boot loader & root then ota geather all stuff or you can use stock Rom reset which have all apps you needed
So you have two options backup these apps Stock Rom reset or manually restore apps with help of root

Ota also match md5 or sha1 property of every app file so you can't take them from any other country Rom because they have different md5
Some apps I remember calculator flash light HTC ringtones trimmer Twitter client HTC sound recorder soundhound 7digital
Goto these apps setting check if it can be uninstall so they are in data/preload check them
Weather animation vedio can be found in any custom Rom system/media folder

from HTC One

Can you point me to a more detailed guide? Or better yet, can you put the steps in a sequence so that a newbie like me can follow those steps and not end up bricking his phone and still be able to receive over the air updates?

Thanks for your help though.

yatindroid

Sep 23, 2009
Jaipur
Install es file explorer » open app manager »backup all user apps » copy them to computer » select of them which was preload apps by HTC not installed by you ( long name HTC in name you don't remember you ever installed them )
If your phone on sense 5.5 you need weather animation if sense below 5.5 don't worry
Now you can unlock boot loader
Install twrp recovery then install root
Then install root explorer app
Copy all stuff you backup for data/preload to phone storage then restore it to data/preload using root explorer
Then install stock recovery
I'm not going to tell you how install recovery or root you should learn it & it makes your brain active & will give you idea how things work in android

from HTC One

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

If you have HTC One single SIM tell me your software version or send screen shot

from HTC One

abhyuditjain

Oct 6, 2013
Install es file explorer » open app manager »backup all user apps » copy them to computer » select of them which was preload apps by HTC not installed by you ( long name HTC in name you don't remember you ever installed them )
If your phone on sense 5.5 you need weather animation if sense below 5.5 don't worry
Now you can unlock boot loader
Install twrp recovery then install root
Then install root explorer app
Copy all stuff you backup for data/preload to phone storage then restore it to data/preload using root explorer
Then install stock recovery
I'm not going to tell you how install recovery or root you should learn it & it makes your brain active & will give you idea how things work in android

If I copy the APKs from ES file explorer backup to the /data/preload and then run those, will they install there only?
I have Sense 6 and KitKat 4.4.2

abhyuditjain

Oct 6, 2013
Do you have sense 6 ota zip extract weather animation from it rest apps I will send you

from HTC One

I don't have any OTA. OTA are supposed to be download directly on phone no? That's how I want my updates to come.... Official and untampered.
If you can send me all the apps that would be very much appreciated.