[ROOT][TOOL]Qemu automated root [09/18/2012]

Search This thread

sparkym3

Dec 31, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7 (2013)
This tool will root your device based on my qemu local.prop root method.

Just download and unzip everything into a directory; then run RootQemu.bat from that directory (if you do not currently have the device drivers for your device, they are attached to this post, please install them, please use them to install your device before attempting the process).

A video with how to do this is available here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=31728742

Neither ADB nor the SDK need to be installed as all needed files are included in the attachments below (though it won't hurt anything if they are).

Helpful tip:
Make sure no other Android device is connected to your PC

Attachments

• QemuRoot_v1.0.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 186,265
  • Kindle_Fire_HD_ADB_Drivers.zip
    9 MB · Views: 257,968

padest.com

Sep 12, 2012

Just download and unzip everything into a directory; then run RootQemu.bat from that directory (if you do not currently have the device drivers for your device, they are attached to this post, please install them, please use them to install your device before attempting the process).

A video with how to do this is available here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=31728742

Neither ADB nor the SDK need to be installed as all needed files are included in the attachments below (though it won't hurt anything if they are).

Helpful tip:

Hi sparkym3!
Thanks for your tools!
I love your tools in TF300 and TF700!

One questions about TF300, do you know anything about the APX mode and useful tools in APX mode?

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Helpful tip:

Hello, sparkym3!
Is there some mistake in the tool? Both the step 3 and step 5 are the same...
Code:
Step3:Checking for access...
	type isroot | adb shell | find "#"
	if %errorlevel% == 1 goto NOTROOT
Code:
Step5:Checking superuser...

reverendkjr

Nov 7, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
www.youtube.com
Hi sparkym3!
Thanks for your tools!
I love your tools in TF300 and TF700!

One questions about TF300, do you know anything about the APX mode and useful tools in APX mode?

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Hello, sparkym3!
Is there some mistake in the tool? Both the step 3 and step 5 are the same...
Code:
Step3:Checking for access...
Code:
Step5:Checking superuser...

Both of those lines are checking for the "#" instead of the "$" to ensure that it has root access.

PMcHargue

Aug 21, 2012
ADB is unresponsive

Awesome, want to try it when I receive my HD 7 this week...

I picked up the downloads for the Qmenuroot. Installed the ADB drivers referred to in the OP. In my Win7 system's devices manager, I see the ADB driver for the Kindle Fire HD listed as working correctly. Also, the USB driver is in & working, and I can transfer files to/from the kindle. (though I had to re-install the USB driver after I installed the ADB driver)

The problem now is that when I type "ADB devices", it tells me that there are no devices available. Unplug/plug in the USB connection, wait for a bit, "ADB kill-server", "ADB devices" and still no devices available. I have a CMD prompt open in the correct directory. Tried rebooting the kindle, unplug/plug in the USB connector, all kinds of combinations.

I'd like to root this, in anticipation of a JB build for it, (or even ICS) but without ADB, I don't see how.

Has anyone had an issue like this that they have solved? I haven't mastered ADB in any sense, though I've used it to good effect before to un-brick my TF101.

TIA;
Patrick

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

I picked up the downloads for the Qmenuroot. Installed the ADB drivers referred to in the OP. In my Win7 system's devices manager, I see the ADB driver for the Kindle Fire HD listed as working correctly. Also, the USB driver is in & working, and I can transfer files to/from the kindle. (though I had to re-install the USB driver after I installed the ADB driver)

The problem now is that when I type "ADB devices", it tells me that there are no devices available. Unplug/plug in the USB connection, wait for a bit, "ADB kill-server", "ADB devices" and still no devices available. I have a CMD prompt open in the correct directory. Tried rebooting the kindle, unplug/plug in the USB connector, all kinds of combinations.

I'd like to root this, in anticipation of a JB build for it, (or even ICS) but without ADB, I don't see how.

Has anyone had an issue like this that they have solved? I haven't mastered ADB in any sense, though I've used it to good effect before to un-brick my TF101.

TIA;
Patrick

got it. My file,
"C:\Users\<your username>\.android\adb_usb.ini"

now hjas the line in it,
"# ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.
# USE 'android update adb' TO GENERATE.
# 1 USB VENDOR ID PER LINE.
0x1949"

And that allowed ADB to see the KFHD7

Reactions: n0j0e

sparkym3

Dec 31, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7 (2013)

TIA;
Patrick

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

got it. My file,

now hjas the line in it,
0x1949"

Interesting, I don't even have that file. I assume it is used to block devices so you could have one plug in for charging and ADB would just ignore it if it is not in the list.

Reactions: PMcHargue

PMcHargue

Aug 21, 2012
Thanks, sparkym3

After I verified that ADB could see the KFHD7, I ran the 'RootQemu.bat' that was part of what you published. While it took a bit of time (about 1 minute) between reboots, it worked flawlessly. The Kindle Fire HD 7" I have is now rooted. I'll be looking next to replace the launcher, (probably Apex) and scrape the ads off of this.

Pat

Last edited:

vic verca

Jul 27, 2012
washington DC
Thanks

Thank you so much for this... really makes it easy and fast. However i was worried during the installation haha my device kept rebooting and it warning me to reconnect so i thought i was doing it wrong.

Vespus

Sep 20, 2012
Well it seems that I messed up. Big time.

I got to step 3, and that's where all hell breaks loose. I get message on the cmd window which reads Cannot find specified file, and everything goes downhill from there. There's no more updating whatsoever. But that's not the bad part, I tried messing around with my kindle, and everything is now incredibly slow. The lag is unbearably bad. I'm in process of resetting everything to factory default at this moment.
EDIT: Just reset to factory default, everything is smooth again, but be careful when trying this exploit, things can go wrong!

I'm thinking there was something I did wrong, if this seems unfamiliar I'll list the steps I took in trying to manage everything. But I know you're thinking I did this on impulse, hence my low post count, but I have been lurking the kfhd subforum for a very long time now and have tried my best to educate myself. Sorry.

Last edited:

jst07

May 16, 2010
I tried running the tool and it kept getting hung up on step 3, telling me something along the lines of file not found. I was able to root using the manual method though.

Vespus

Sep 20, 2012
That’s the result of the entry in /data/local.prop. If you remove that file and reboot, it will fix the lag.

I suppose my method fixed it regardless :p

I'm thinking the reason my root backfired is because I wasn't as systematic as I should have been. Rooting my samsung vibrant allowed me to be a little more sloppy since there are backups and flashing is a cinch.

EDIT: This my 3rd time trying to get this thing to work, I get stuck on Step 3 "The system cannot find the file specified."
I really can't see how I'm managing to screw up this badly. Must be something stupid on my part.
EDIT2: Turns out I was using a crumby network directory the whole time, but even still it did not work. Fellows: Put the QemuRoot folder somewhere on your desktop, it's easier there. But after that the prompt would close immediately after step 4, so that took me a while to circumvent. Anyway, I ended up skipping to step 4 to get the superuser to work. I'm fairly sure everything DOES work, but it's hard to test right now.

Last edited:

padest.com

Sep 12, 2012

TIA;
Patrick

got it. My file,

now hjas the line in it,
0x1949"

That's right! I have tested!

This is needed!!!

Strothmann

Jan 21, 2011
Evansville
Thanks for the tip

now hjas the line in it,
0x1949"

worked!

Compilasian

May 8, 2012
KF HD has Superuser but no root access

Helpful tip:

Hi sparkym3
Thanks for all your hard work! I tried it though and it went through all the motions as if it was doing its job, like expected. But at the end of the rooting, I have superuser on the kf HD but no root access! ES explorer and Titanium have no root access. Tried rebooting several times. Still no root access. What could have gone wrong?
Cheers, mate!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Helpful tip:
    Latest Supported Versions:
    v7.1.5

Recent user reported supported version
    v7.2.1
    sy5amanu.jpg

just rooted my kindle fire hd 7.2.3 with the german guide :)

zipping the ready to use files if anyone wants them ?

btw guide used http://www.dreamcodes.biz/text/?id=2152&s=read

download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11026514/Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v17_dreamcodes.zip
    Can you tell me your solution? I just purchased two blacklisted HD's, and they're on 7.2.3

First I had to execute Runme.bat from root_with_restore_by_bin4ry_v17.zip

This allows QemuRoot to install root.
    I haven't even started the rooting process yet. Been reading up as much as I can in the different threads. I have KFHD7 with 7.3.1. So far in all of the threads, I've read that 7.3.1 had the exploit corrected an could not be rooted. However, none of the sticky topics mention it, so I've been looking for a post confirming this OS version as being successfully rooted.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

I am pretty sure it is
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2243949

Download the current root with restore.

http://www.schwantz-i.org/root-with-restore-by-bin4ry.html