[MOD] Sensor Disabler

Search This thread

WardellBagby

Nov 8, 2013
Now with Nougat Support!

Shout to Rovo89 for the Xposed Framework, and the various people who inspired this.

Sensor Disabler (previously known as Disable Proximity) is an Xposed application that allows you to disable or modify most of the sensors on your device, including the proximity sensor. It supports Tasker for changing the sensor status (via In-App Purchase), a blacklist/whitelist for choosing how certain apps will respond to Sensor Disabler, and a reliable and efficient way of modifying and disabling sensors without causing unnecessary slowdown on the device.

I can't offer support for phones that I don't own, but if your phone runs a close to AOSP ROM (for instance Nexus devices) or a CM-based/Lineage ROM (which I can easily see the sources for), this should work. If you're having issues, try to gather the logs from the Xposed app that relate directly to this app and post them here as well as your issue. I recommend reading over the logs yourself to see if the issue might be with your Xposed installation and not the app itself.

Links:
Source Code
Module
Google Play Link

This has been tested on:
Nexus 5 running 4.4.2.
Nexus 5 running 5.0.1.
Nexus 5 running 5.1.
LG G2 running 4.2.2.
OnePlus One running CM11S.
OnePlus One running COS12.
Nexus 6P running 6.0
OnePlus One running LineageOS 14 (Nougat)

Currently, this mod works on 4.2 - 7.1.

Post any questions/requests/etc in this thread, and I'll attempt to get to them in a timely manner.

- Wardell Bagby.

Last edited:

WardellBagby

Nov 8, 2013
and there is any ways to disable it totally??

Thanks. Possibly, using the Hardware Disabler app on the Play Store. I've never gotten that to work for me, though.
There might also be a way to truly truly disable it using Xposed, but I'd need to delve extremely deep into the Android sources. I'll look more into it, but definitely no promises.

Reactions: killoid

kamikaze702k

Jun 12, 2013
London
Could you make an app that has an interface and that can disable touch?

Basically when I put YouTube on my device and give it to my daughter to watch her cartoons she presses the screen and videos go back and forth and even exit, I've tried searching everywhere for a touch disable option, there's 2 apps on the play store but don't work, are very old and outdated...

If anybody knows where I can find one please let me know....

Sent from my GT-I9195 CarbonKat 4.4.4

WardellBagby

Nov 8, 2013
Update 1.01 don't work. S3 Temasek KK 4.4.4 v1.05, Boeffla Omni Kernel.

Hmm. I'll have to wait until I get get the 4.4.4 source straight. Expect an update in a day or so for that.

EDIT: So I've gotten the 4.4.4 source, and I can't see why it wouldn't work. Did you reboot after installing?

Last edited:

cramu

Mar 12, 2012
Berlin
Since the N4 suffers an annoying bug which causes a crackling noise to the headset signal whenever the proyimity sensor is active, I'd like to request an option to disable the sensor only when headset is plugged.

It would be even better if you would consider to integrate your app with Tasker so we could disable the sensor on different contexts too.

Reactions: WardellBagby

WardellBagby

Nov 8, 2013
Since the N4 suffers an annoying bug which causes a crackling noise to the headset signal whenever the proyimity sensor is active, I'd like to request an option to disable the sensor only when headset is plugged.

It would be even better if you would consider to integrate your app with Tasker so we could disable the sensor on different contexts too.

I actually have been wanting to try out Tasker support, so I'll look into that. I think I can push an update that'll disable during headphone disconnected only in the next few days, then I'll work on Tasker support.

Reactions: filipeataide

Bino92

Jul 4, 2014
Working on HTC Sensation XE running Vipers ROM 5.1.2 (Android 4.1.2)

Thank you very much!!! :good: I finally solved a problem due to the proximity sensor (probably broken) whose wakelock plagued my battery after a call or automatic brightness; thank you!
Noob question: can RILJ wakelock also be related to the proximity sensor?

Reactions: WardellBagby

WardellBagby

Nov 8, 2013
Working on HTC Sensation XE running Vipers ROM 5.1.2 (Android 4.1.2)

Thank you very much!!! :good: I finally solved a problem due to the proximity sensor (probably broken) whose wakelock plagued my battery after a call or automatic brightness; thank you!
Noob question: can RILJ wakelock also be related to the proximity sensor?

To be honest, I don't know. I've never come across the RILJ wakelock issue (literally had to Google it to figure out what you meant) but it could be a possibility?

Although, according to this article here, it has something to do with accessing your location.

My two cents is, go ahead and give my app a try and if it works, great! But I don't know anything about the RILJ wakelock issue to provide any concrete data on whether this will fix it or not. Doesn't hurt to try!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now with Nougat Support!

Shout to Rovo89 for the Xposed Framework, and the various people who inspired this.

Sensor Disabler (previously known as Disable Proximity) is an Xposed application that allows you to disable or modify most of the sensors on your device, including the proximity sensor. It supports Tasker for changing the sensor status (via In-App Purchase), a blacklist/whitelist for choosing how certain apps will respond to Sensor Disabler, and a reliable and efficient way of modifying and disabling sensors without causing unnecessary slowdown on the device.

I can't offer support for phones that I don't own, but if your phone runs a close to AOSP ROM (for instance Nexus devices) or a CM-based/Lineage ROM (which I can easily see the sources for), this should work. If you're having issues, try to gather the logs from the Xposed app that relate directly to this app and post them here as well as your issue. I recommend reading over the logs yourself to see if the issue might be with your Xposed installation and not the app itself.

Links:
    Source Code
    Module
    Google Play Link

This has been tested on:
    Nexus 5 running 4.4.2.
    Nexus 5 running 5.0.1.
    Nexus 5 running 5.1.
    LG G2 running 4.2.2.
    OnePlus One running CM11S.
    OnePlus One running COS12.
    Nexus 6P running 6.0
    OnePlus One running LineageOS 14 (Nougat)

Currently, this mod works on 4.2 - 7.1.

Post any questions/requests/etc in this thread, and I'll attempt to get to them in a timely manner.

- Wardell Bagby.
    here's link : http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.mrchandler.disableprox

and there is any ways to disable it totally??
    Why could I need this app and want to disable proximity?

If, like me, your Nexus 4's proximity sensor is dead and you're unable to wake up your phone during calls!
    Why could I need this app and want to disable proximity?
    Someone like me who does not find much of a use of the proximity sensor which has been eating up battery while im on call, would be interested in this feature :)
    Could you make an app that has an interface and that can disable touch?

To get OT for a minute, while this might be possible, there are some inherent difficulties associated with this. You should look into an app like Live Lock: YouTube & Kids Lock for Android. Best of luck!