FORUMS

Windows Mobile application for Geocaching.

565 posts
Thanks Meter: 131

By Gech, Senior Member on 13th February 2009, 02:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th May 2011, 03:01 PM |#5241  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question
OK, we all have the same problem "Cache not found", the question is: Contacted someone Tom with a wish an update? It is possible that Tom does not know about the error.
12th May 2011, 06:49 PM |#5242  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Correctly downloads only events and Wherigo caches.
12th May 2011, 09:19 PM |#5243  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinhe

Correctly downloads only events and Wherigo caches.

I haven't even tried GCzII since this issue started. But here is my idea. If you can still search, you can send the cache list to google maps. Using that, you can find the cache. Then from the cache list, you can log the find (I think).
12th May 2011, 10:31 PM |#5244  
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 1

More
There are still many ways to use GCzII until it is fixes. You can import GPX files from PQs or generate the GPX files from GSAK and import that.
12th May 2011, 10:41 PM |#5245  
Flag Fellbach
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Originally Posted by Titus_Andronicus

I haven't even tried GCzII since this issue started. But here is my idea. If you can still search, you can send the cache list to google maps. Using that, you can find the cache. Then from the cache list, you can log the find (I think).

I don't think that GCzII will generate the necessary .kml file that is used to dispay the caches on google maps.

docfred
12th May 2011, 11:03 PM |#5246  
Flag Cape Town

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by docfred

I don't think that GCzII will generate the necessary .kml file that is used to dispay the caches on google maps.

Of course it does.

At the bottom of the menu on the cache list page, you can sent the entire list to Google Maps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Psyberdude For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Psyberdude Ad-Free
13th May 2011, 06:35 AM |#5247  
Flag Fellbach
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyberdude

Of course it does.

At the bottom of the menu on the cache list page, you can sent the entire list to Google Maps.

Yes, you're right. Only the cache download is affected and not the list generation.
docfred
13th May 2011, 07:40 AM |#5248  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus_Andronicus

With current .72 error I use GCzII this way: Search caches, which is without problems... Then I export list to GPX and import list back, there is parsing OK. Result is - I have caches ready for searching, even I have no waypoints (no such big problem for me), no hint - I open web browser for hint and when I found, I log also from opened web page... I also miss amazing comfort of normally functional application, but this way still allows me to find caches in unknown location "online" without preparing at home...
The Following User Says Thank You to mmartin1977 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mmartin1977 Ad-Free
13th May 2011, 03:40 PM |#5249  
Flag Calgary

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin1977

With current .72 error I use GCzII this way: Search caches, which is without problems... Then I export list to GPX and import list back, there is parsing OK. Result is - I have caches ready for searching, even I have no waypoints (no such big problem for me), no hint - I open web browser for hint and when I found, I log also from opened web page... I also miss amazing comfort of normally functional application, but this way still allows me to find caches in unknown location "online" without preparing at home...

Now that is a sneeky trick! Good job thinking that one up!
The Following User Says Thank You to Titus_Andronicus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Titus_Andronicus Ad-Free
13th May 2011, 04:12 PM |#5250  

More
Unhappy Cache Not Found
I installed Ver.0.2.35.72.

It is not possible to use it now though it was possible to use for a while.

The display is "Cache Not Found. "

Does Geocaches.com annoy it to a free application?

I think like that.

Mr. tom, please update it. I hope.
13th May 2011, 04:38 PM |#5251  
Flag Calgary

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunome

I installed Ver.0.2.35.72.

It is not possible to use it now though it was possible to use for a while.

The display is "Cache Not Found. "

Does Geocaches.com annoy it to a free application?

I think like that.

Mr. tom, please update it. I hope.

Try reading a page or two. The answer to your question will be revealed.

No, geocaching.com is not trying to screw the free apps. They just are doing buisness as usual. Web pages make updates. These things happen. geocachign.com is not trying to help the free webscraping apps, but they are not intentionaly breaking them.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
free apps, gcz, gczii, geocaching, gps

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)