FORUMS

Windows Mobile application for Geocaching.

565 posts
Thanks Meter: 131

By Gech, Senior Member on 13th February 2009, 02:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th October 2011, 01:46 PM |#5641  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Yes, Geocaching gives me the correct qty of caches I ask for in my PQ.
In this case, 100 caches around my locaction. And on the map, I can see the 100 caches.
Sorry for my poor English ;)
12th October 2011, 02:06 PM |#5642  
Flag Launceston
Thanks Meter: 7

More
So you copy the PQ file (GPX) across to your phone and then import the cache list into GCz using

Menu > Cache List > Import GPX

When GCz has finished importing the GPX file you get a box which says something like:

GPX import result
100/100 cache(s) [1.2Mb]

Is GCz reporting the correct number of caches imported at that stage?

And then you are using:

Menu > Save Cache List As

to get the list saved?

Your English is perfect :)
12th October 2011, 02:37 PM |#5643  

More
Thanks to take time to help me.
I just made the test again with a new PQ with more caches (500) just to try.
In the zip, 2 files : New Query.gpx (4359 Ko) and New Query-wpts.gpx (265 Ko).
I copy both files on my phone and then uses the Import GPX function. GCz stops a 1st time at 15 and then stops at 26 (262 KB) before continuing with wpts (522 out of 562).
I try without the wpts file, but same problem. GCz stops at 26.
My list (in Cache_List) weights only 47.7 Ko.
In Cache_DB, only 26 folders.

bemi
12th October 2011, 02:52 PM |#5644  
Flag Launceston

More
There is a problem with large GPX files I think. I have had the same problem when importing a large GPX file (500) where the import stops part of the way through.

However, 100 caches in a GPX should not cause a problem and it sounds as if you are using exactly the right method to import.

Try again with your 100 cache GPX file and note what the GPX import result box says. It would be interesting to know if it confirms 100 have been imported.
12th October 2011, 03:00 PM |#5645  

More
Thank You,
I will try with a new PQ of only 100 as soon as the "Add to Queue" is available and I keep you informed.
bemi
12th October 2011, 03:56 PM |#5646  
Flag Launceston

More
"Add to queue" ?

Are you using the special 'My Finds' pocket query?

Can't think why that should create a problem, but then I have never tried to import a My Finds pocket query into GCz, as it will only list found caches.
12th October 2011, 05:19 PM |#5647  

More
I found in czech forum of application pocket drake solve for login error. You must first logon throw IE and click remember me.
After this, i could download cache list. But cache details, that i don't have downloaded before can't download. Result is cache not found.

+ 1 for open source this application.
12th October 2011, 05:55 PM |#5648  

More
Unhappy
hi folks

since yersterday i can`t get new caches into my HD2 with GCZ II i get the notice
cache not found. anybody out there with the same problem ????
12th October 2011, 06:40 PM |#5649  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaka

hi folks

since yersterday i can`t get new caches into my HD2 with GCZ II i get the notice
cache not found. anybody out there with the same problem ????

Yes, current version is broken by the recent changes at geocaching.com. Please read a few posts above for more information.

PS: I think we need the good old friendly notice printed in big red letters again
12th October 2011, 07:47 PM |#5650  
Flag Launceston

More
LOGIN ERROR WHEN USING GCzII
" CACHE NOT FOUND " and LOGIN Errors.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The latest version of GCzII is 0.2.35.76

HOWEVER, THIS VERSION IS BROKEN FOLLOWING CHANGES AT GC.COM AND CANNOT BE USED FOR LIVE SEARCHING. INSTEAD IT WILL RETURN A LOGIN ERROR WHEN YOU TRY TO USE ANY OF THE LIVE SEARCH FUNCTIONS.

We await news from Tom the developer to see if he is continuing to support the software. To be honest, it is not looking promising at this stage as Tom has not commented in this forum for several months.

In the meantime, the software will still work to guide you to your caches and allow you to have cache details with you for 'paperless' caching, but you will have to load a Pocket Query GPX file to get the caches into your device.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Check the developer's page for the next full version release:
http://www.nicque.com/PQz/GCz.htm

Also check the dedicated GCz forum for info and updates: http://gczii.newstarforum.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paulloft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Paulloft Ad-Free
13th October 2011, 10:16 AM |#5651  
Flag Pardubice

More
Toms projects
I watched to Toms web and all of his apps have last update until 1st July. So I dont think, that he stopped support (only) GCzII. Mabye he is on vacation or something like this. I only hope, that he is OK.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
free apps, gcz, gczii, geocaching, gps

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)