Google play error 491

Search This thread

aryehzev

Jun 15, 2011
Denver
I just got miui 2.5.25 and when I click to download an app from google play I get error 491....
What can I do:'(

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

kgs1992

May 8, 2012
Bangalore
I just got miui 2.5.25 and when I click to download an app from google play I get error 491....

Delete your Google account from accounts & sync.
Reboot to recovery, wipe Cache +dalvik.
Reboot.
Add your Google account.
Do this, and it should be fine.

kenmorgan

Mar 3, 2012
Pittsburgh,Pa
Thank you kgs1992. Worked like a charm on my vzw GSIII after I restored from Titanium Backup and got the 491 error. Found your answer thru a google search. Thanks again.

wpkwolfseye

Jan 22, 2011
Cologne
www.wolfpack.info
It's the only solution to most play store errors.
This should solve it, unless you've modified something or you're using a modified version of play store.

Sent from my Xperia Z using XDA Premium

Just recently I came across this error more frequently. This only happend to on 4.1.2. Either on Stock Rom or Custom. Happend on my Note 2,the Note 10.1 and on my gf's SGS-2. Until then, having different phones over the years, different Android Versions, I never saw this error. Since its multiple Phlnes, Tablets and Roms over the years, there is no common connection what this could be. Except the Playstore and Android 4.1.2.

Any thoughts on that?

kgs1992

May 8, 2012
Bangalore
Just recently I came across this error more frequently. This only happend to on 4.1.2. Either on Stock Rom or Custom. Happend on my Note 2,the Note 10.1 and on my gf's SGS-2. Until then, having different phones over the years, different Android Versions, I never saw this error. Since its multiple Phlnes, Tablets and Roms over the years, there is no common connection what this could be. Except the Playstore and Android 4.1.2.

Any thoughts on that?

It could be some versions of Google Play services I think.
Changing your lcd density is one major cause.
Sometimes changing Roms without wiping triggers it too.
Hard to point out a single culprit when there are so many possible triggers for play store errors.

Reactions: wpkwolfseye

wpkwolfseye

Jan 22, 2011
Cologne
www.wolfpack.info
Hard to point out a single culprit when there are so many possible triggers for play store errors.

I always wipe for different Roms. But out of curiosity, what has changing LCD density to do with that error? Really strikes me odd that something like that could have anything to do with such an error.

However, it seems likely that Google screwed something up with theit Market Services, at least with 4.1.2. Didnt notice that error in other Android Versions.

kgs1992

May 8, 2012
Bangalore
I always wipe for different Roms. But out of curiosity, what has changing LCD density to do with that error? Really strikes me odd that something like that could have anything to do with such an error.

However, it seems likely that Google screwed something up with theit Market Services, at least with 4.1.2. Didnt notice that error in other Android Versions.

I'm not sure myself.
Changing density makes some apps unavailable to you on most versions of play store, but on some versions, the app is still available, but downloading it causes an error.

wpkwolfseye

Jan 22, 2011
Cologne
www.wolfpack.info
I'm not sure myself.
Changing density makes some apps unavailable to you on most versions of play store, but on some versions, the app is still available, but downloading it causes an error.

It recently happens to both our phones (NOTE 2, SGS-2) and the tablet (NOTE 10.1) a lot. All have 4.1.2 running, different ROM's though. And every time deleting the Play Store data, removing the Google account and going into CWM for clearing Cache and Dalvik Cache is not an acceptable solution.

Why is this coming so often recently ?

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

I found this as a possible solution, among several so called solutions which didn't work for most people. I tried that.

Settings -> Language & Keyboard settings -> Select language -> again set English(United States)

It works for me again, however I don't see the point that I would need to do that when my native language is a different one. If thats a solution indeed, then surely Google screwed something major up. They can't expect people to switch language to English (US) just for that. :mad:

joshka89

Nov 29, 2010
I want to know why this error happens.
I've had it before and wiping dalvik and cache worked after deleting google account and then re-adding it
However, that was 2 weeks ago and I downloaded some stuff but it's back again and constantly wiping and re-adding is some super BS.
Is there something I can do or anyone can do to get to the bottom of this?
It would help if we knew what exactly error 491 means as well so we could track it down better and squash this.

wpkwolfseye

Jan 22, 2011
Cologne
www.wolfpack.info
I want to know why this error happens.
I've had it before and wiping dalvik and cache worked after deleting google account and then re-adding it
However, that was 2 weeks ago and I downloaded some stuff but it's back again and constantly wiping and re-adding is some super BS.
Is there something I can do or anyone can do to get to the bottom of this?
It would help if we knew what exactly error 491 means as well so we could track it down better and squash this.

Exactly, because the solution everyone says is only a temporary solution at best. And annoying to do everytime. But why does this Error come back all the time and why did I never witness this error over the years before. Only recently in months.

Wolf

dannysam

Oct 16, 2011
have you tried actually using another google account? (just a suggestion)

i too faced a problem with google play after i restore back my apps using titanium backup
and google play wouldn't let me download any file.
I just removed my google account and added it back.

it works.

wpkwolfseye

Jan 22, 2011
Cologne
www.wolfpack.info
have you tried actually using another google account? (just a suggestion)

i too faced a problem with google play after i restore back my apps using titanium backup
and google play wouldn't let me download any file.
I just removed my google account and added it back.

it works.

Yes, that works but its not the point. It'll come back, that error. And how often is doing that the point when there is no permanent fix ? I think, and I am really not good with stuff like that so I can't say anything I am really sure about, it is actually a problem with permissions. I am running the ARHD 8.0 on my Note 10.1 and the OMEGA v17 on my Note 2. Two different devices, two different Android Roms.

And yet, after (several times a week) get this Error, I go into CWM and "Fix Permissions". After reboot my Updates start working again on the Market. Until next time. I dont know if that has something to do with it, but it seems too big of a coincidence to just be random, if the "temporary" solution by "Fix Permissions" is making it work again.

I have no idea why that is but I don't seem to be the only one with that Problem as it seems. I dont know if what I assume has any value or is just an assumption but I think it might be worth thinking about it. However, why 2 different Roms on 2 different devices seem to have that problem in common I really dont know.

Wolfseye

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
Yes, that works but its not the point. It'll come back, that error. And how often is doing that the point when there is no permanent fix ? I think, and I am really not good with stuff like that so I can't say anything I am really sure about, it is actually a problem with permissions. I am running the ARHD 8.0 on my Note 10.1 and the OMEGA v17 on my Note 2. Two different devices, two different Android Roms.

And yet, after (several times a week) get this Error, I go into CWM and "Fix Permissions". After reboot my Updates start working again on the Market. Until next time. I dont know if that has something to do with it, but it seems too big of a coincidence to just be random, if the "temporary" solution by "Fix Permissions" is making it work again.

I have no idea why that is but I don't seem to be the only one with that Problem as it seems. I dont know if what I assume has any value or is just an assumption but I think it might be worth thinking about it. However, why 2 different Roms on 2 different devices seem to have that problem in common I really dont know.

Wolfseye

go to settings-> accounts and synch(or whatever it says)->google->location settings
disable it
check then google play store

Reactions: wpkwolfseye

wpkwolfseye

Jan 22, 2011
Cologne
www.wolfpack.info
go to settings-> accounts and synch(or whatever it says)->google->location settings
disable it

Thanks man, I will try that. I just did that Permission thing 10 minutes ago, so I won't see the difference right now. But if the Problem does not come back, I for sure owe you a beer. ;)

Cheers

Wolfseye

P.S: However, by doing that I disable Google Location services entirely. Isn't that kinda counter productive in case of other location dependent things going on ?

Last edited:

wpkwolfseye

Jan 22, 2011
Cologne
www.wolfpack.info
Worked for a while, now I get the same error again. Even though Location Services are still deactivated. This is one hell of a annoying error and persistent like hell. :(

If that continues I will go back to Stock Rom since I have never seen that on my gf's stock SGS-2 yet. Wonder if thats only custom Rom related. Really making me wanna buy and ..... no I wont say it. :(

Wolfseye

jetbruceli

May 8, 2011
Bamberg, Germany
I just rebooted and it all works normal now.
At first I thought wow! Another error but I just remembered I had tb clear the cache for all my apps and dalvic. So just rebooted. No deleting or fixing permissions

Reactions: crisse78

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Delete your Google account from accounts & sync.
    Reboot to recovery, wipe Cache +dalvik.
    Reboot.
    Add your Google account.
    Do this, and it should be fine.

Any thoughts on that?

Wolfseye

disable it
    I just rebooted and it all works normal now.
    At first I thought wow! Another error but I just remembered I had tb clear the cache for all my apps and dalvic. So just rebooted. No deleting or fixing permissions