[SCRIPTS]CronMod-INT2EXT (updated 02/28)

What Script Do You Prefer

• A2SD

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • A2SD+

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • A2SD++

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • D2EXT

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • D2EXT+

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • INT2EXT

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • INT2EXT+

Votes: 30 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

croniccorey

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2011
London
I thought I installed D2EXT+ and it was working. But I see this image and I don't know now...

Is it working?

i unsure what you mean but the previouse message abut the df command only applies to the current scripts the older scripts wont have that layout..

anyway please run df from the terminal and post a screen shot of your output i will tell you if it is working also under settings>storage you should see the size of your ext under internal storage if you do it works.

pranks1989

Nov 24, 2011
Ontario
Great work croniccorey. :) I am yet to test it in my phone! I was using S2E and it was a big headache whenever I changed my ROM! But now I can just flash your script and all that was existing in SD-EXT should persist.. I guess so if I read your scripts correctly?! I have a Defy+ which has 1.3GB internal(for apps) and still I run out of space! :( I was searching around but didn't get a good answer: Do you think using /sd-ext as /data/app slows the phone down?! I have a Class 6 SD. And ya if I may, this part of the code:
Code:
 ## Create A2SD directories
if [ ! -e /sd-ext/app ]
then
busybox mkdir /sd-ext/app;
busybox mv /data/app/* /sd-ext/app;
fi;
I think you may include a condition where /sd-ext/app exists and data should be moved from /data/app to /sd-ext/app . May be something like this:

Code:
if [ ! -e /sd-ext/app ]
then
else
fi;

Just a suggestion :)

Reactions: croniccorey

croniccorey

Jan 12, 2011
London
Great work croniccorey. :) I am yet to test it in my phone! I was using S2E and it was a big headache whenever I changed my ROM! But now I can just flash your script and all that was existing in SD-EXT should persist.. I guess so if I read your scripts correctly?! I have a Defy+ which has 1.3GB internal(for apps) and still I run out of space! :( I was searching around but didn't get a good answer: Do you think using /sd-ext as /data/app slows the phone down?! I have a Class 6 SD. And ya if I may, this part of the code:
Code:
if [ ! -e /sd-ext/app ]
then
fi;
I think you may include a condition where /sd-ext/app exists and data should be moved from /data/app to /sd-ext/app . May be something like this:

Code:
if [ ! -e /sd-ext/app ]
then
else
fi;

Just a suggestion :)

thanks, yes it will persist as long as the directories are correct, and for speed moving /data/app to your ext wont slow speed, the main thing that will slow you down is moving /data/data or /dalvik-cache but mainly /data/data, also /data/data and /data/dalvik-cache take up the most space so even tho /data/app is on ext you will still use up internal quickly.

thanks for your suggestion i will keep it in mind

pranks1989

Nov 24, 2011
Ontario
You are welcome :) Okay... Yes I too thought that's how logically it should be, but dunno y my phone slowed down! Probably due to 150+ apps! :p I just now did a clean install of ROM and now restoring data from a TB backup... I will test the speed. And then apply A2SD and again check it... Let me see how the results are

jolas

Feb 22, 2006
Athens
Hi croniccorey,

I tried both of INT2EXT+ and D2EXT+, with a clean install (with ROM at my sig. before flash it, I had removed any of the d2sd, a2sd, etc)

After flashing, it boots perfect, everything is smooth and perfect.
But, after I flash something else (like a softkey mod) and do a clear cache, clear dalvik, fix permissions, it does not boot again, it just bootloops. :(

It does not happens the same with A2SD++, it works all over again.

But my problem is that I really like the smoothness of INT2EXT+.

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix it and install INT2EXT+ ?

EDIT: I tried a lot of times, but the results are the same. As a resume, I have to say that after have installed D2EXTxx or INT2EXTxx scripts, cleaning (at least) Dalvik, results in a bootloop... :(

Last edited:

croniccorey

Jan 12, 2011
London
Hi croniccorey,

I tried both of INT2EXT+ and D2EXT+, with a clean install (with ROM at my sig. before flash it, I had removed any of the d2sd, a2sd, etc)

After flashing, it boots perfect, everything is smooth and perfect.
But, after I flash something else (like a softkey mod) and do a clear cache, clear dalvik, fix permissions, it does not boot again, it just bootloops. :(

It does not happens the same with A2SD++, it works all over again.

But my problem is that I really like the smoothness of INT2EXT+.

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix it and install INT2EXT+ ?

EDIT: I tried a lot of times, but the results are the same. As a resume, I have to say that after have installed D2EXTxx or INT2EXTxx scripts, cleaning (at least) Dalvik, results in a bootloop... :(

Ok well I will look at this when you use the script and wipe dalvik it shoud nit hurt because dalvik is on the ext. Any way I will make a zip that will wipe dalvik properly and add it to the thread,

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

Reactions: jolas

avinashjirapure

Dec 19, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
Hi Croniccorey,

I am using "CronMod- INT2EXT+" which is working abs well but now I am facing some issue with app install,

1. Install apk from SD gets a error message "X Application not installed"
2. While installing app from Market: after downloading app, starts installation, but ends with error "Package file is invalid".

some dig-down on net shown me it may be related with Memory, http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=910956/

do you think is it so?? can we solve the same with "CronMod- INT2EXT" ???

Note:: I have tried by wiping Dalvik cache, reflashing ROM, reflashing script ...but no result :(
Forgot to mention I am using ICS ROM "Non-official CyanogenMod 9 RC-0" for my Wildfire

Last edited:

janmae

Nov 12, 2011
thankyou sir for scripts..
just to report,succeeded apply D2EXT+ on Xperia Neo running Pureness 7 Rom..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-07-21-22-53-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-21-22-53-56.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,560

akya22

Jan 25, 2012
Pune
weboreviews.com
Are you going to write one for sense ROMs? I tried A2SD++ and it didn't work.. I am in the process of building ROM, would love to include your script :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My_Banner.png

:) INT2EXTV2+ Posted :)

If you like it please click thanks on this post and give it a rating
    Thanks to all users and contributors

About:

CronMod INT2EXT was wrote for use in my rom with the goal to achive a stable and fast way of moving the data partition of your phone to the sd-ext partition, they are available for all users and developers to use in any rooted rom with init.d support.

CronMod INT2EXT scripts are the first universal INT2EXT method released :D

Developer Stuff Next Post

Features:
    (All scripts are tested on Android 2.3.7 - 4.2.2)

INT2EXT
    -Mounts /sd-ext to /data
    -Works with EXT 2/3/4 filesystems
    -ZipAligns /data/app on every boot
    -No symlinks

INT2EXT+
    -Mounts /sd-ext to /data
    -Leaves /data/data on internal for speed
    -No symlinks

INT2EXT4
    -Mounts /sd-ext to /data
    -Works with EXT 4 filesystem
    -No symlinks

INT2EXT4+
    -Mounts /sd-ext to /data
    -Works with EXT 4 filesystem
    -No symlinks

INT2EXTV2+
    -Mounts /sd-ext to /data
    -No symlinks
    -Supports SWAP2INT
    -Completely universal (Testing is needed)

Prerequisites:

-Rooted Rom with init.d support
    -SD-EXT partition
    -100mb internal is needed for every 500mb sd-ext

SD Card Partitioning:

Partition 1 - Fat32
    Partition 2 - Ext 2/3/4

Install:
    (Instructions based on ClockWorkMod recovery)
    -Download Chosen Script Below
    -Place on root of your sdcard
    -Reboot Recovery
    -Select "install zip from sdcard"
    -Select "choose zip from sdcard"
    -Select "CronMod-****_signed"
    -Select "mounts and storage" category
    -Select "format /sd-ext"
    -Reboot

(if you already use a A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT/M2SD script then you will need to remove it completely)

Downloads:
    (Please leave feedback)

INT2EXT

INT2EXT+
    (Recommended and featured in CronMod Roms)

INT2EXT4

INT2EXT4+

INT2EXTV2+
    (This script is a new int2ext script that should fix all bugs, it cannot be flashed over previous versions, please test and leave feedback)

Dalvik-Cache Wipe Tool (This is for wiping /dalvik-cache when running a INT2EXT script)

Extra:

Bravo/Bravoc GB thread
    Bravo/Bravoc JB thread
    Dream thread
    Sapphire thread

Bugs:

-Some phones can experience a low sound bug (fix: run fix-permissions or try INT2EXTV2+)

Credits
    -Wes Garner - "Auto ZipAlign Script"
    -CyanogenMod - "Bind Cache Script"
    -Matermind1024 "Help with resolving IMEI and Baseband issues"
    -vvFICKvv, DK75, and Dark Passenger "Help to fix compatibility issues with Android 4.2.x"
    -Mortaromarcello@github "Code to check if mmcblk0p2 exists"
    -BlazinReign (my girlfriend) "donating her old laptop to the cause, and putting up with my development work :)"
    -XDA "hosting the fourms"

Donators
    (if you make a donation and your name is not here send me a pm)

[URL="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=RXYPT5A5ACJ7W"]
    paypal_donate_button.gif
    [/URL]
    Developer Area

Developer area

Info

These scripts are for use in your roms if you like them and want to include them all i ask is that you give me proper credit in your thread.

Instructions

To include one of my scripts in your rom just add it to the init.d folder and rename it to 40a2sd/40d2ext/40int2ext depending on the chosen script, if you choose a d2ext/int2ext script then remove the "06mountdl" or "06BindCache" if they exist as the script will do this from now on.

CronMod A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT Scripts for Developers
    Working INT2EXT4+[Android 4.2.1][Tested]

Hi INT2ext4+ & Int2ext+ works on android 4.2.1.(Device : Galaxy Fit GT-S5670)

ScreenShots.

Screenshot_2013-02-13-13-36-43.png

Screenshot_2013-02-13-13-36-54.png

and for those dying to use it Int2ext4+ & Int2ext+ & INT2EXT is the fixed script (yes its a flashable zip)

Credits::good:

cronccorrey : For the script.

vvFiCKvv : for finding the error and showing how to fix it.

dk75 : for sharing it with us.

dark passenger : for posting the fixed zip here(just modded original zip) and testing.

if you appreciate this please press thanks on all these guys posts.:good:
    Nice job with all these scripts. I will give it a try in my ported rom, just one question: it will be activated from the first boot or users have to activated from terminal?

They activate on boot and do not require a reboot after firstboot like most d2ext
    what is the difference between these and mount2sd?? and i like to install d2ext+ or int2sd+ for euroskank rom.is it possible?and what is the best?

i dont use mount2sd so i am unsure, i would recommend if you need stability to use d2ext+ because the int2ext scripts are not long term tested.