The OnePlus 6 is officially on sale! Buy now →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 On Sale
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey one and all,

Now I know there are already a few threads with some external battery chargers but a few are quite outdated and it's quite a pain looking through them all so I've been a little lazy and started this new thread.

Basically im currently using the ZeroLemon 7500 extended battery, which with my heavy usage lasts 2 days which is fine by me. I am now starting to get bored with my mini brick and would like to downsize to a 3000mAh battery so as to be able to use stock sized cases, but invest in a high capacity external battery charger. Something in the range of 12000mAh or thereabouts.

Ive searched amazon and google and seen countless brands and sizes and some with extra functions like wifi file transfer / wifi hotspot / sdcard reader etc. My main interest is for the charging, optional extras are just a bonus. Ive had my fair share of fakes from china / hong kong which although super cheap do tend to lack staying power.

I want something that will keep its charge, that has a high capacity to enable me to charge a 3000mAh battery 3-4 or more times and that i can charge fully overnight between 12-16 hours.

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated, I dont want speculation on products that are out there as i have searched loads and read reviews on what i can. I would just like to hear from people who have similar wants and needs to myself that have used certain products and can give any recommendations.

Muchos Gracias in advance
8th May 2014, 09:26 PM |#2  
Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 41

More
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/merit...pping-1479493/
9th May 2014, 10:11 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 99

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnmacool

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/merit...pping-1479493/

Looks pretty good. I worry about the prixe being too low sometimes but lots of good reviews it seems. I'll give it a look
9th May 2014, 04:37 AM |#4  
Flag Earth
Thanks Meter: 8

More
There are no higher capacity stock sized batteries, its usually fake or over rated. If it exists, Samsung should have produced it already. Better get a power bank to extend your usage.
9th May 2014, 10:09 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomarx

There are no higher capacity stock sized batteries, its usually fake or over rated. If it exists, Samsung should have produced it already. Better get a power bank to extend your usage.

Appreciate the input mate .... But ... Thread title ... External battery charger .... plus I'd already stated I'm using g a 7500 zerolemon extended battery already. Cheers.
11th May 2014, 02:18 AM |#6  
Flag DC
Thanks Meter: 445

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorio

Appreciate the input mate .... But ... Thread title ... External battery charger .... plus I'd already stated I'm using g a 7500 zerolemon extended battery already. Cheers.

You mistitled the thread. It's external battery pack, power pack, etc. Not charger. Battery packs do charge the phone but "external battery charger" mostly refers to those wall-chargers on which you put the battery to charge directly out of the phone.
11th May 2014, 06:56 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_

You mistitled the thread. It's external battery pack, power pack, etc. Not charger. Battery packs do charge the phone but "external battery charger" mostly refers to those wall-chargers on which you put the battery to charge directly out of the phone.

Again ... I appreciate your input and willingness to make a point however if you had read what the guy put, regardless of my thread title, he was talking about extended stock size batteries, whereas the title is still pretty accurate for what I want .... An "external" pack to "charge" the "battery". And secondly the title I feel is pretty relevant, but even if it wasn't all you need to do is read my post to understand exactly what i wanted.

Please don't feel the need to take time out of your day to say I did something wrong when in fact you have done exactly the same as the first guy and countless other people by just not reading.

Thank you.

P.s. external battery charger as a description does not restrict itself to just wall chargers at all. External could be referring to a battery charger that can be taken outside its usual confines of somewhere like a house or building and used externally / outside where there is no access to a socket.

Thanks again.
11th May 2014, 01:50 PM |#8  
Flag DC
Thanks Meter: 445

More
Quote:

Again ... I appreciate your input and willingness to make a point however if you had read what the guy put, regardless of my thread title, he was talking about extended stock size batteries, whereas the title is still pretty accurate for what I want .... An "external" pack to "charge" the "battery". And secondly the title I feel is pretty relevant, but even if it wasn't all you need to do is read my post to understand exactly what i wanted.

Please don't feel the need to take time out of your day to say I did something wrong when in fact you have done exactly the same as the first guy and countless other people by just not reading.

Thank you.

P.s. external battery charger as a description does not restrict itself to just wall chargers at all. External could be referring to a battery charger that can be taken outside its usual confines of somewhere like a house or building and used externally / outside where there is no access to a socket.

Thanks again.

lol.. all chargers are external. nuff said.
13th May 2014, 01:59 AM |#9  
Flag Earth
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

Ah, sorry about that. I was thinking about the internal battery.

Anyways, I'm using a Yoobao 7800MAh Power Bank. Its quite well known in the Asia region (like in the PH), can charge my S4 2-3 times, and quite handy (not that heavy).
14th May 2014, 07:47 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Well I got the ravpower 10400 yesterday. Charged it up and used it to charge my 7500 zero lemon. It charged it in half the time of the usual charger so that's a bonus. From 12% - 100% in about 4 hours.

Then used it to charge my yesoo 2600 in a couple of hours with some usage. All seems good thus far thanks for all info folks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, charger, external

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)