% Battery, Blue Icons, No Carrier

Search This thread

itiskonrad

Dec 5, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
*Note: this is for the Nitro from AT&T and apparently is not compatible with other versions of the p930*

*I made this before any of these new roms came out and as such it was meant for and has been tested on only the stock Gingerbread rom that comes with the phone. I doubt it will be compatible with the new roms.*

SEE Blue Icons and removed carrier logo! for instructions. Installing this SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk works exactly the same way as in that thread!

*SAME DISCLAIMER*
I AM NOT A DEV! I just like tinkering with how things look because I'm extremely picky. I am not smart enough to figure out how to save someone's phone if it gets bricked, I'm just sharing what I've played with since I want this forum to grow =). So everything I say, you are welcome to try, but keep in mind that it can always hit the fan, especially right now, while we still don't have a recovery mode yet. And since I lack the omniscience of the all-seeing all-knowing devs, I cannot be held responsible for what happens to your phone, if something undesirable (*ahem*, bricking) should happen! That said, everything I've done here I've done multiple times and tested, and it seems to work just fine in my hands so long as instructions are followed precisely. But regardless, try at your own risk! Until we have a nice recovery mode set up, you have to be willing to live on the wild side to mess with this phone, which apparently, a lot of us are...

This is a modification of my previous thread "Blue Icons and removed carrier logo!" Thanks to V@no, I incorporated the individual percent onto the battery icon I previously used in this set. I didn't end up actually using the framework he posted since I wanted to include my other modifications, but since he was brave enough to try UOT kitchen modifications on his phone and it worked, I decided it'd be safe to use UOT to modify my own framework-res.apk to add the proper xml's for 100% battery (I tried doing it manually... possible, but oh my god, oh so painful). I then changed all the pngs for each battery to ones that I made (individually =P) from splicing the blue version of the stock icon battery with the percent value.

batteryicons.png

So attached are the SystemUI.apk and the Framework-res.apk for installing the blue icons with no carrier and now, with % on the battery. It will look like this on your phone:

2011-12-24105749.png

***If you've already installed the blue icons with no carrier from my other thread, then to add the % battery, you ONLY NEED TO INSTALL THE FRAMEWORK-RES.APK. The SystemUI.apk is identical to the one used for "blue icons - no carrier". If you're starting from a stock phone, then install both.***

Instructions are the same as my previous thread.

**If someone wants a framework-res.apk that changes NOTHING in the phone, adding ONLY % to the stock green battery icon, let me know. I don't mind doing the work, but only if someone actually wants it =)**

Thanks again to V@no for showing me that the UOT % works for this phone and letting me tinker with his apks! =)

Last edited:

Malnilion

Dec 21, 2011
Just to add, this works just fine with the blue icons with carrier SystemUI.apk as well.

Thanks again for your hard work on this!

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda premium

Reactions: itiskonrad

V@no

Sep 24, 2007
Call me greedy, but when clock set to 24H, on either side of it is so much wasted space.
Here is my attempt remove that extra space which allow more icons on the status bar:
attachment.php

Attachments

• SystemUI_24H.zip
    468.7 KB · Views: 55
  • SystemUI_AMPM.zip
    468.7 KB · Views: 28
  • SystemUI_24H.jpg
    SystemUI_24H.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 772

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Call me greedy, but when clock set to 24H, on either side of it is so much wasted space.
Here is my attempt remove that extra space which allow more icons on the status bar:
attachment.php

Vano, can you kinda give a quick walkthrough as how to accomplish it? I dont wanna brick my phone from doing the wrong things. :D

also, to both u and itiskonrad, is it just me, or the phone kinda takes a bit longer to boot up ever since I replaced systemui.apk? I feel it takes a few seconds longer than wat it used to be. Not a problem at all, just wondering if it was just me.

V@no

Sep 24, 2007
Just use instructions from this post: Blue Icons and removed carrier logo!
And use my SystemUI.apk file instead.
My phone takes about 30 seconds after screen goes black and before animations shows up, then another 30 seconds goes through the animation. I do think it was booting much quicker the first time I started it, but since then I've installed bunch new apps.

itiskonrad

Dec 5, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I can't say I notice a difference. Mine was quick to boot when it was still pretty bare, but I didn't change the SystemUI.apk until after I'd put all my programs and everything onto it, which already slowed down startup. Maybe there is a difference and I just don't notice it...? Not sure

gte460z

Nov 18, 2010
Boston
Just did this to my phone the other day, its awesome! This is perfect for me since all i look for in a ROM is stock look with speed and a battery percentage mod.

itiskonrad

Dec 5, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Great! Glad you like! Let me know if there are other random mods you'd like. There's something addictive about fiddling with xmls =) I've also been removing the carrier from the lock screen, getting rid of buttons that bother me... I think I have too much free time

V@no

Sep 24, 2007
@itiskonrad:

Do you still copy modified .xml files after they were compiled into "original" .apk?

I could use my compiled version before I tried deoxed process, since then (even though nothing has been changed on the phone) it bricks my phone every times I recompile original SystemUI.apk, even if I don't change anything, just decompile and compile.
Can't figure out what's wrong...

itiskonrad

Dec 5, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Yeah, pretty much.

Long story short, I never use recompiled SystemUI.apk or framework-res.apk in the phone. I don't trust them to not brick my phone, and I don't want to have to go through the effort of unbricking it. I always decompile original apks, change the XMLs I want, recompile the apk JUST TO RE-ENCODE THE XML, not to use the actual whole apk, and drag and drop the modifications (any changed XMLs or swapped PNGs I want to keep) back into the original apk that was never decompiled to begin with, just to be safe =) This way, I've never had a bricking issue

HotWhipT/A

Dec 21, 2011
I did this to my phone today with ZERO issues. Thanks! It's perfect! Exactly what I wanted when I bought this phone. I'm a total noob at this stuff, but if you know how to navigate a computer and have basic copy/pase/move skills, this isn't hard at all.

EXCELLENT write up OP!

Machzelet

Nov 30, 2010
After the change SystemUI.apk & Framework-res.apk, I noticed a small problem in ringtones setting - ringtones list has duplicate. I mean that is all the audio files in the phone (system/media/audio/) are also displayed in notification ringtones and phone ringtones (now notification ringtones and phone ringtones has the same audio files). Is there swapping the SystemUI.apk & Framework-res.apk could affect this?

rsalan

Jan 11, 2012
Boston
Haha, okay, I'll get right on it. You know this will wipe the changes you did to your lock screen, right? You'll just have to re-swap the lock pattern png's and xml's and stuff again, to get the minimalist lock screen back, that's all. If you REALLY want, I can make one just for you with those changes included, I guess =P

That would be ideal. =]

itiskonrad

Dec 5, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
There are apps that can add an additional battery icon with percentage, but replacing the stock one with percent is unfortunately not so easy. I'm almost done with it, I got distracted with stupid work =) I'll post it here later today- stock everything, even battery, just with an added percent value on the stock battery icon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *Note: this is for the Nitro from AT&T and apparently is not compatible with other versions of the p930*

*I made this before any of these new roms came out and as such it was meant for and has been tested on only the stock Gingerbread rom that comes with the phone. I doubt it will be compatible with the new roms.*

SEE Blue Icons and removed carrier logo! for instructions. Installing this SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk works exactly the same way as in that thread!

*SAME DISCLAIMER*
    I AM NOT A DEV! I just like tinkering with how things look because I'm extremely picky. I am not smart enough to figure out how to save someone's phone if it gets bricked, I'm just sharing what I've played with since I want this forum to grow =). So everything I say, you are welcome to try, but keep in mind that it can always hit the fan, especially right now, while we still don't have a recovery mode yet. And since I lack the omniscience of the all-seeing all-knowing devs, I cannot be held responsible for what happens to your phone, if something undesirable (*ahem*, bricking) should happen! That said, everything I've done here I've done multiple times and tested, and it seems to work just fine in my hands so long as instructions are followed precisely. But regardless, try at your own risk! Until we have a nice recovery mode set up, you have to be willing to live on the wild side to mess with this phone, which apparently, a lot of us are...

This is a modification of my previous thread "Blue Icons and removed carrier logo!" Thanks to V@no, I incorporated the individual percent onto the battery icon I previously used in this set. I didn't end up actually using the framework he posted since I wanted to include my other modifications, but since he was brave enough to try UOT kitchen modifications on his phone and it worked, I decided it'd be safe to use UOT to modify my own framework-res.apk to add the proper xml's for 100% battery (I tried doing it manually... possible, but oh my god, oh so painful). I then changed all the pngs for each battery to ones that I made (individually =P) from splicing the blue version of the stock icon battery with the percent value.

batteryicons.png

So attached are the SystemUI.apk and the Framework-res.apk for installing the blue icons with no carrier and now, with % on the battery. It will look like this on your phone:

2011-12-24105749.png

***If you've already installed the blue icons with no carrier from my other thread, then to add the % battery, you ONLY NEED TO INSTALL THE FRAMEWORK-RES.APK. The SystemUI.apk is identical to the one used for "blue icons - no carrier". If you're starting from a stock phone, then install both.***

Instructions are the same as my previous thread.

**If someone wants a framework-res.apk that changes NOTHING in the phone, adding ONLY % to the stock green battery icon, let me know. I don't mind doing the work, but only if someone actually wants it =)**

Thanks again to V@no for showing me that the UOT % works for this phone and letting me tinker with his apks! =)
    Just to add, this works just fine with the blue icons with carrier SystemUI.apk as well.

Thanks again for your hard work on this!

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda premium
    works perfect on my freshly unbricked phone!
    I'll be implementing this in my ROM
    I'm not really sure how you "put it in" your rom, so I can't really say for sure. All I made the framework-res.apk mod for the battery percent for was to use in the stock rom, so I don't know how that would translate into this cooked rom. I imagine the fact that this framework-res.apk with the battery percent is not deodexed could cause a problem within an otherwise deodexed rom, and I'm not really sure how to deodex framework-res.apk considering there is no framework-res.odex to go with it. But yeah, I make no guarantees for how well this framework-res.apk plays with other people's cooked roms. Sorry...