Mugen Battery 3400 mAh for LG Optimus 7

Search This thread

hayenadeblue

Dec 27, 2011
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any review about this battery on LG Optimus 7? The 1700 mAh is also welcome.

My original battery is poor compared to my wife's Samsung Galaxy S with almost similar operation (WiFi, HSDPA/3G, email sync. etc.)

I have a good experience wit Mugen battery from past with Sony Ericsson Xperia X1.

Hayenadeblue

hayenadeblue

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks Etaduck for your comment,
I don't mind the size. But I need to hear something about performance. Quite jealous with my wife with her Galaxy S that can stand for about 2 days.

BTW, in my E900, I've already disabled the location service, bluetooth, feedback, internet sharing, set the screen brightness to the lowest, and enabled the battery saver. I was initially on open carrier firmware with the similar battery issue, then change it to vodafone firmware because of internet sharing and 7740 update.

Kind regards,
hayenadeblue

stead

Aug 9, 2007
Thanks Etaduck for your comment,
I don't mind the size. But I need to hear something about performance. Quite jealous with my wife with her Galaxy S that can stand for about 2 days.

BTW, in my E900, I've already disabled the location service, bluetooth, feedback, internet sharing, set the screen brightness to the lowest, and enabled the battery saver. I was initially on open carrier firmware with the similar battery issue, then change it to vodafone firmware because of internet sharing and 7740 update.

Kind regards,
hayenadeblue

just wondering, how long do you get out of it now?

with light usage for me I get around 2 days, sometimes more but rarely, but if i'm using it a lot on the internet seem to get a day to a day and a half, what surprised me after reading on this forum was to completly run down battery, then plug phone in but don't turn it on, start phone, after 4 seconds put the charger on, seemed to help with me, no idea why however

before I did that it would last around half a day, maybe its my imagination, but it seemed to help.

I'm also considering getting the smaller mugen battery when I have some spare money, the huuuge one just seems to disfigure the phone too much.

After coming from a Diamond, I really loved HTC's extended battery cover, shame theres nothing like it for this handset.

hayenadeblue

Dec 27, 2011
Hi Stead,
I've got about 16 hours so far. Around 5 am to around 9 pm at night. I've tried your method but there are no improvement at all.

I hope that the option to togle between 3g/HSDPA and EDGE/GPRS in 8107 update will solve this battery issue for me at least.

hayenadeblue

Dec 27, 2011
Update: With 8107 update, limited data to edge, still with standard battery, I could get 1 day 14 hours roughly 2 daytime and 1 night. Exchange, gmail, live, nextgen reader, accuweather running in background. Hook to wifi at home and office bcoz talkmobile edge is the worst here.

djuricn

Dec 10, 2011
Belgrade
I wanted to buy it but after mango update in november battery lasts longer.... i use it for my job, wich is talk, send message, mms, gmail and hotmail acc, and i got 3.5-4 days with around 3 h talking during those days, about 50 msg-s..
I do not use 3g if i am not using internet, which is rarely, screen is automatic, feedback off,location on,bluetooth off, wireless off,gmail is set to 1 hour.I dont overcharge battery, and never charge over usb....never less then 3.5 days.If i use 3g its 2 days top..

Last edited:

stead

Aug 9, 2007
I ordered the 1700 battery, its not a huge increase, but it easily lasts a day with heavy usage now, tend to get around 2 days with moderate usage?

Haven't tried turning 3g off yet, so may give that ago after reading djuricn's post!

I've also noticed giving it little charges a lot seems to make the phone only last a day at best, I try to leave it run down, and fully charge it whenever possible.

One final thing, using zune with a usb3 port seems to charge just as fast as the wall charger around an hour for me, and on the pc using zune with a normal usb2 port seems to charge quicker aroud 2 hours, if zune is closed it seemingly takes a full day to charge via usb

ambivalent

Feb 28, 2012
Is the extra cost for Mugen Power battery worth it? If you look on Amazon you see batteries for way less....

stead

Aug 9, 2007
Is the extra cost for Mugen Power battery worth it? If you look on Amazon you see batteries for way less....

my personal experiance is that the mugen ones are of better quality, although I think its hit and miss with the cheaper ones, I've bought cheaper replacement batteries and I always find they become unusable within a year and charge times rapidily decline, some of my friends have been unlucky enough to have a bettery last a mere 2 months before failing completly.

Think of batteries you buy, you buy the branded ones for more and they tend to last, you buy the cheapest ones and they never do, same with these batteries imo

okishead

May 20, 2011
my personal experiance is that the mugen ones are of better quality, although I think its hit and miss with the cheaper ones, I've bought cheaper replacement batteries and I always find they become unusable within a year and charge times rapidily decline, some of my friends have been unlucky enough to have a bettery last a mere 2 months before failing completly.

Think of batteries you buy, you buy the branded ones for more and they tend to last, you buy the cheapest ones and they never do, same with these batteries imo

Totally agree with you, it is better to get branded batteries from official sources with extra warranty and customer support care, etc; definitely worth the extra cost on Mugen. And performance is worth it too.

---
@Etaduck
for LG Optimus 7 they also have smaller battery that doesnt require extra sized backdoor. It is 1700mAh and it is still much more powerful than the factory battery:
http://www.mugen-power-batteries.co...h-extended-battery-for-lg-optimus-7-e900.html

Do not forget Mugen Facebook discount for that:p

Reactions: gingerman1984

stead

Aug 9, 2007
Managed to get 4 days out of my phone with light use, just sms and phone calls

Its not how i normally use my phone, but if i'm going to be out for a few days without access to a charger I now do this.

turn off data connection, change connection speed for 3g to edge, i'm honestly surprised the difference this made, I just turned on data connection for the few minutes i check stuff on the internet and turn it back off.

Like i said, I normally don't do this, but if I know I won't be able to charge it for a few days this is for me until I give in and buy the bulky extended battery :p

deepblue25

Nov 6, 2007
Krefeld
I had ordered a Battery-Pack from the Mugen-Shop (link in the first article), but it was never delivered (over 2 months of waiting). The trader dosen't care, says i have to prove i never had recieved the parcel and PayPal says, it's to late to return my money.

So, take care! Maybe the batteries are top, the customer-service is flop. They were shiped from China, so the custom control on the border is the next problem. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Totally agree with you, it is better to get branded batteries from official sources with extra warranty and customer support care, etc; definitely worth the extra cost on Mugen. And performance is worth it too.

---
    @Etaduck
    for LG Optimus 7 they also have smaller battery that doesnt require extra sized backdoor. It is 1700mAh and it is still much more powerful than the factory battery:
    http://www.mugen-power-batteries.co...h-extended-battery-for-lg-optimus-7-e900.html

Do not forget Mugen Facebook discount for that:p