FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

I think I bricked my Prime

1,026 posts
Thanks Meter: 77
 
By lennie paz, Senior Member on 7th April 2012, 02:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have an unlocked Prime and I installed a new ROM. The WIFI wasn't working so I did a search. Someone suggested a factory reset in one of the threads and now my Prime is stuck in recovery mode no matter what I try. I tried restoring a Nandroid and that didn't work either.Am I screwed??
 
 
7th April 2012, 03:57 AM |#3  
lennie paz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Illadelphia
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude6595

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=22897771

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

Thank you. I followed the instructions and all is well.
The Following User Says Thank You to lennie paz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lennie paz Ad-Free
8th April 2012, 12:23 PM |#4  
chefdave12118's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mechanicville
Thanks Meter: 1,356
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennie paz

Thank you. I followed the instructions and all is well.

Good to know. I did the same exact thing. Got stuck in recovery right after a factory reset. Gonna unbrick after work today. :beer:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
8th April 2012, 02:36 PM |#5  
lennie paz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Illadelphia
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdave12118

Good to know. I did the same exact thing. Got stuck in recovery right after a factory reset. Gonna unbrick after work today. :beer:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

It was so simple, and as I was doing it, I said this is way too easy and there's no way it's going to work. Well, it worked, and I was so relieved. Someone needs to add "do not perform a factory reset" to the sticky titled "things NOT to do with an unlocked Prime".
9th April 2012, 12:06 AM |#6  
chefdave12118's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mechanicville
Thanks Meter: 1,356
 
Donate to Me
More
worked like a charm
9th April 2012, 07:35 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi mate

I have the exact same problem and i tried the solution shown but in the cmd line after i type "adb shell" i keep getting an error of "device not found"

Would you have any suggestions?
9th April 2012, 10:02 AM |#8  
Doktaphex's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Earth
Thanks Meter: 717
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaz0316

Hi mate

I have the exact same problem and i tried the solution shown but in the cmd line after i type "adb shell" i keep getting an error of "device not found"

Would you have any suggestions?

Have you tried using this driver? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1426502

Hopefully that helps you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Doktaphex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Doktaphex Ad-Free
9th April 2012, 01:39 PM |#9  
lennie paz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Illadelphia
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaz0316

Hi mate

I have the exact same problem and i tried the solution shown but in the cmd line after i type "adb shell" i keep getting an error of "device not found"

Would you have any suggestions?

Did you install the Adb package first?
9th April 2012, 01:50 PM |#10  
chefdave12118's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mechanicville
Thanks Meter: 1,356
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennie paz

It was so simple, and as I was doing it, I said this is way too easy and there's no way it's going to work. Well, it worked, and I was so relieved. Someone needs to add "do not perform a factory reset" to the sticky titled "things NOT to do with an unlocked Prime".

I think its kind of odd that we can't do a factory reset after an unlock and custom recovery. I've unlocked and put custom recoveries on at least a dozen devices and could always do a factory reset. I wonder what the culprit could be and if there is a fix. If I sell this tab, do I tell the person to never do a factory reset or you're gonna have to pull adb out? Maybe as more roms start coming out this will be addressed.

Btw. I left my prime bricked for two days before I had a chance to fix it (swamped at work). She was on my mind both days lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
9th April 2012, 01:55 PM |#11  
lennie paz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Illadelphia
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdave12118

I think its kind of odd that we can't do a factory reset after an unlock and custom recovery. I've unlocked and put custom recoveries on at least a dozen devices and could always do a factory reset. I wonder what the culprit could be and if there is a fix. If I sell this tab, do I tell the person to never do a factory reset or you're gonna have to pull adb out? Maybe as more roms start coming out this will be addressed.

Btw. I left my prime bricked for two days before I had a chance to fix it (swamped at work). She was on my mind both days lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

So even though the battery died while it was bricked, it still charged?? As far as why you can't do a factory reset when unlocked, maybe a factory reset contains the same files as a factory update?
The Following User Says Thank You to lennie paz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lennie paz Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes