FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Question about whatsapp on TFP

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By jassari, Member on 8th February 2012, 04:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
How can i use whatsapp on transformer prime ??

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

8th February 2012, 04:28 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I had a quick look and it wasn't in the market when using the TP. From what I remember it requires you to add a telephone number when installing so requires a phone/3g element.
8th February 2012, 05:09 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimoth

I had a quick look and it wasn't in the market when using the TP. From what I remember it requires you to add a telephone number when installing so requires a phone/3g element.

Yea i know
But i was wondering if there is any hacked whatsapp so i can use it on TFP

10th April 2012, 10:39 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 252

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassari

Yea i know
But i was wondering if there is any hacked whatsapp so i can use it on TFP

bump bump, great question! wondering the same thing too and hope there can be a solution soon...
10th April 2012, 11:10 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
This is what I did when I used WhatsApp on my Prime (Don't do it any more, but used to work fine).

Download & Set it up on your phone, so you can log in and chat etc etc (make sure everything works as its supposed to), then back it up with Titanium Backup, and transfer the files to your Prime, Titanium backup again to restore it, and voila.

I personally used Titanium Backup Dropbox sync to get the backup files from my phone to Dropbox, and then just manually downloaded them to my prime and put them in the right folder.

Would probably be good to do a reboot after you restored the app on your Prime, to make sure it's working as intended (:

- Moon
10th April 2012, 04:29 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbloom

This is what I did when I used WhatsApp on my Prime (Don't do it any more, but used to work fine).

Download & Set it up on your phone, so you can log in and chat etc etc (make sure everything works as its supposed to), then back it up with Titanium Backup, and transfer the files to your Prime, Titanium backup again to restore it, and voila.

I personally used Titanium Backup Dropbox sync to get the backup files from my phone to Dropbox, and then just manually downloaded them to my prime and put them in the right folder.

Would probably be good to do a reboot after you restored the app on your Prime, to make sure it's working as intended (:

- Moon

Exactly! I been using whatsapp on prime since I bought it. One thing though, if you receive msg on prime, you won't see it in your phone and vice versa. And when both devices are connected to net, you never know which device will get the msg. Totally random so far.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)