Has anyone tried China made Book Cover case for Galaxy tab 10.1?

Search This thread

sw6lee

Apr 20, 2011
Hey everyone,

I've been looking for a nice case for my galaxy tab 10.1, and I found that there is a case called Book Cover, officially from Samsung. But it is way too expensive (imo) for just a case for a tablet, so I found a Chinese version of the book cover on eBay.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/321054158428...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_4365wt_1304

There are more listing for same product by this seller, and quite a few have been sold. I have ordered one as well, but I'm curious if anyone knows how good/bad it is. Like the quality, weight, and how close to the official Samsung book cover, if you've seen one.

I think it'll take a least a month for it to arrive, so I can't leave any feedback before that.

I would like to hear what you guys think, if you have this OR not.

Thanks!

markp99

May 9, 2011
Love the black book cover case (official Samsung) on my tablet. I wonder if these variants will be the same. Visually, they seem identical from the pictures.

sw6lee

Apr 20, 2011
I received the case from China, and it seems good. Fits my tab 10.1 well, and it even has Samsung logo on 2 spots.

One thing that I'm disappointed about is that it seems like it's impossible to stand the tablet upward for watching movie or something? I don't know about official case by Samsung, but it doesn't stay upright. And there is no way for this to stay upright. I have no idea how the official one works. This one does have 2 rubber feet on one side too, but the other part that holds the tablet upright is slippery, so it falls.

I don't really care that much about that though as I don't want movie on it much, and it' hard to type while standing it upright, so I prefer it at the typing angle, which works very well.

Although the rating of the seller isn't the best, I received mine in about 2.5 weeks. I'd say it's pretty good, as it usually takes more for me when coming from China. And it was shipped out one day after I paid for the item. Of course, I don't know about your order..

Overall, I recommend this product and the seller.

markp99

May 9, 2011
One thing that I'm disappointed about is that it seems like it's impossible to stand the tablet upward for watching movie or something? I don't know about official case by Samsung, but it doesn't stay upright. And there is no way for this to stay upright. I have no idea how the official one works. This one does have 2 rubber feet on one side too, but the other part that holds the tablet upright is slippery, so it falls.

On my Samsung case, the edge of the case (connector side) is rubberized. The opposite edge, with the flap folded under, is also rubbery and provides enough grip to stand up on a desk or on my lap.

sw6lee

Apr 20, 2011
On my Samsung case, the edge of the case (connector side) is rubberized. The opposite edge, with the flap folded under, is also rubbery and provides enough grip to stand up on a desk or on my lap.

Hmm thanks for letting me know. I think for this one, the part where the flap is is not rubbery. So it cant stand. I guess this is one disadvantage of buying this fake one :D

Ill still use this as its not a big deal for me, but others should be noted!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD

chappaaii

Jan 23, 2013
Exactly

It seems a little expensive~~

I'm from China, the pricing seems to be in luxury range for a thing produced in China.
$13 dollars means 80RMB, which is the daily income for middle class Chinese.

The bright side is the quality is probably good, which is what you can expect from a 80RMB product in China.
But the material may not be genuine leather, which happens a lot for products under 200RMB in China.