FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: DO you have Light Bleed (7 spots at low brightness) at bottom of screen?

Yes

78 Vote(s)
69.03%
No

35 Vote(s)
30.97%

[Q] Do you have Light bleed on the bottom of your Screen?

1,819 posts
Thanks Meter: 117

By Canadoc, Senior Member on 3rd January 2014, 09:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th January 2014, 09:54 AM |#21  
Flag Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have "blue line"," 7 bright lights" and this(screen memory effect):
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140111_175811.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	2508354

11th January 2014, 04:04 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondern

I'm on S/N 311 and I got no bleed at the bottom, but at higher brightness I got a pretty serious bleed at the top left corner, that's left of the LG Logo. I don't notice it normally but when I use the tablet in landscape that spot is covered by the black software key bar, making it stand somewhat out. I'm not gonna get it replaced, I played that game with my SGS-II back in 2011, you ARE going to find something else on the new unit cause you'll have gone in nitpicky mode.

Besides at this price, which is one third of what I paid for my Note 3 on launch day, you can allow a tiny few beauty marks.

Same. No 7 light bleed but have noticed bleed in the corner at high brightness levels. Its not a big deal to me though

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
11th January 2014, 11:02 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Serial 311

I do have the light bleed at the bottom of the screen. Picture at the bottom at 0% brightness (Left - Note 8.0 - Right - GPad. But fortunately I haven't noticed a blue line or any other screen issues. Although, the really dim screen and brown/orange tint the screen has, has really been bugging me. Thinking about exchanging but not really sure if I have a defective unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140108_231129.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	2509758  
14th January 2014, 11:10 AM |#24  
Flag Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt

Serial 311

I do have the light bleed at the bottom of the screen. Picture at the bottom at 0% brightness (Left - Note 8.0 - Right - GPad. But fortunately I haven't noticed a blue line or any other screen issues. Although, the really dim screen and brown/orange tint the screen has, has really been bugging me. Thinking about exchanging but not really sure if I have a defective unit.

Not. This normal for G Pad. Screen is warm colors.
14th January 2014, 03:35 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member

More
My screen does not have the 7 lights now and the temperature is if anything on the cooler side. Must have been a different batch. Of course it took 3 exchanges and dumb luck to get it. Does have the blue line. Is brut enough for my needs. Do wish battery life was a bit better

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
14th January 2014, 04:55 PM |#26  
Flag Fayetteville
Thanks Meter: 371

More
I also have the 311.
Barely perceivable light bleed, no distinguishable 7 lights, but a very light amount in the lower right corner. I assumed this was standard and of no concern as it is only noticeable during startup.

I also have the gpe edition and wouldn't change it for anything else. I took back a note 2014 for this because I don't need all the extra garbage.

The screen is a perfect color, and though it is not as bright as the note (wife kept hers), I have become more used to it as time goes on. AND I could still turn it up quite a bit off of auto but have not really found it needed. I have used it in sunlight on auto with no problems.
14th January 2014, 05:54 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member

More
Blue stripe?

14th January 2014, 06:41 PM |#28  
Flag Fayetteville
Thanks Meter: 371

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadoc

Blue stripe?

Not that I'm aware of, where would it be? I guess I would notice. strange that there would be so many different problems in weird ways. I use an all black screen on my home screen.
14th January 2014, 06:54 PM |#29  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 1,175

Donate to Me
More
mine has it a little but I get use to it real fast. I like the device as is. The bigger problem for me is the color issue with Yellow whites. It can be adjusted with apps but it really shouldn't have to be.
14th January 2014, 09:42 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekmason

Not that I'm aware of, where would it be? I guess I would notice. strange that there would be so many different problems in weird ways. I use an all black screen on my home screen.

Only occurs as a 1 pixel long vertical line right side of tab after watching a video or something heavy load on cpu for 20+ minutes. Visible on fall background

15th January 2014, 07:05 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadoc

My screen does not have the 7 lights now and the temperature is if anything on the cooler side. Must have been a different batch. Of course it took 3 exchanges and dumb luck to get it. Does have the blue line. Is brut enough for my needs. Do wish battery life was a bit better

Can you post a picture? Possibly comparing it to another device? If there are cooler screens, an exchange maybe in order for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)