[Q] Help! System UI isn't there!

Search This thread

Nightshadow261

Jul 25, 2014
So yesterday I felt like downloading a new launcher so I got the Google Now launcher off a video on youtube --> (since this is my first post i cant put a url so ill give you the exact title for you to look up-->How To Install Official 4.4 Kit Kat Launcher On Any Android Device 4.1+, Its by DroidModderX Root Master) And in this video he says to update google search witht the files he provides. I did and right after that my phone began crashing alot and whenever I would touch the onscreen task manager icons (the 2 squares on top of eachother) It would give me an error like system ui has stopped than my notifications and home button thing went away but eventually came back a minute later. My background picture turned black too. So i thought I was smart so I decided to do a factory reset (I have a Kyocera Hydro Elite running android 4.1.2 rooted). When my phone turned on after being reset there was no notification or status bar or anything. Just the lockscreen. Please help!!!! I need this phone fixed:eek:

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
So yesterday I felt like downloading a new launcher so I got the Google Now launcher off a video on youtube --> (since this is my first post i cant put a url so ill give you the exact title for you to look up-->How To Install Official 4.4 Kit Kat Launcher On Any Android Device 4.1+, Its by DroidModderX Root Master) And in this video he says to update google search witht the files he provides. I did and right after that my phone began crashing alot and whenever I would touch the onscreen task manager icons (the 2 squares on top of eachother) It would give me an error like system ui has stopped than my notifications and home button thing went away but eventually came back a minute later. My background picture turned black too. So i thought I was smart so I decided to do a factory reset (I have a Kyocera Hydro Elite running android 4.1.2 rooted). When my phone turned on after being reset there was no notification or status bar or anything. Just the lockscreen. Please help!!!! I need this phone fixed:eek:

you will need to find the stock firmware and flash the phone back to stock.
you can not fix broken system files by factory resetting, as you have found.