Chromecast compatible routers

Search This thread

Nikhil_Varma

Feb 26, 2014
Hyderabad
Hi,
I have a Chromecast and will be buying a router soon. I was wondering if Netgear JWNR2010 N300 Wireless Router is compatible with chromecast. This seems to be a good router to buy so wanted to know if this would go with the Chromecast I have.
If not are there any suggestions under the range of Rs.1600/- INR ?

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch
Hi,
I have a Chromecast and will be buying a router soon. I was wondering if Netgear JWNR2010 N300 Wireless Router is compatible with chromecast. This seems to be a good router to buy so wanted to know if this would go with the Chromecast I have.
If not are there any suggestions under the range of Rs.1600/- INR ?

Both the 2000 and the 2000v3 are compatible so It's probably safe to say the 2010 is as well.
Their N600 and N900 are also compatible according to Google....
Me personally I like the Linksys/Cisco routers the best.

DJames1

Oct 10, 2013
Since you're in India, you might want to check out which routers are capable of blocking or redirecting Google DNS in case that's necessary for you to access content not available in India.

Reactions: Nikhil_Varma

primetechv2

Nov 5, 2010
I discovered the fun way that you may need to manually set the router's channel at, like, 1 or 5 to get the chromecast to connect if it's password protected. Or, potentially password free as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G6
Some routers have an option to isolate clients from each other. This should be a problem, if activated. My routers included a Linksys 4000 something and an Iphone4s. IOS8 removed communication between the max two clients(and no one has noticed, except me), so it may work no more.
And there may be initial setup difficulties, if your phone uses 5ghz wifi, so better use 2.4ghz until the CC setup is completed. And, unlike many devices, CC supports wifi channels up to 13 or 14(in Japan). So no need to bother here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikhil_Varma

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since you're in India, you might want to check out which routers are capable of blocking or redirecting Google DNS in case that's necessary for you to access content not available in India.
    Some routers have an option to isolate clients from each other. This should be a problem, if activated. My routers included a Linksys 4000 something and an Iphone4s. IOS8 removed communication between the max two clients(and no one has noticed, except me), so it may work no more.
    And there may be initial setup difficulties, if your phone uses 5ghz wifi, so better use 2.4ghz until the CC setup is completed. And, unlike many devices, CC supports wifi channels up to 13 or 14(in Japan). So no need to bother here.