Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor?

Search This thread

RayB

Apr 25, 2007
Anyone heard or use such a beast with their Kaiser. Mine is now on the fritz so figure I may as well get one that may work with my kaiser and some decent software.

Thanks,

JonnoB

Oct 18, 2005
I have a Polar heart rate monitor that I used with my old HTC Wizard via the IR port. Alas, my Kaiser which replaced the Wizard does not have IR and I too am looking for a replacement. If anyone knows of such a beast, please let us know.

wlukeh

Jul 26, 2008
Still not much out there

Hello there,
Relatively new to the touch screen GPS enabled windows platform, I’ve also started looking for applications that can make it even more all in one (although in my case the battery life could be a serious dampener – I have a Diamond )
The reference in terms of functionality has to be the Garmin 705HR, but it lacks the connectivity, liberty of map, sat image and software choice that the PPC phones have.
Has anyone heard of a hacked Garmin? It would be too cool to discover it ran on win CE (although it still doesn’t have BT)

So, back to the Bluetooth heart rate transmitter.
My peregrinations on the web have turned up a few possibilities, none of whom I have contacted simply because I am incapable of developing a program that could use the BT signal that issues from such kit:
Blatand do a genuine BT belt – looks like what we need – I wonder how much it costs, or if it’s available without the packages.
Adidas and Samsung have teamed up to create MiCoach, and I’m prepared to bet that the heart rate belt transmits via BT.
FRWD have a GPS module that receives heart rate info from any commercially available transmitter belt, and retransmits it via BT, but I don’t know if it’s available without the package…
I’ve also read that all one needs is a BT2ANT module, ANT being the transmission standard used by the big HRM manufacturers. But I haven’t managed to find even a picture of one, unless the above is one.

The last two are less attractive because it means yet another piece of hardware, defeating the all-in-one objective.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to rewrite part of a radio ROM to pick up/decode the ANT signal at 5KHz? (that’s a long shot and even if it were possible it would probably be at the expense of something else)

Here’s hoping (and waiting)
Luke

Edit: maybe this could be moved to a general or multiplatform forum, as it’s not Kaiser specific.

Last edited:

Superman22x

Jul 19, 2008
This is really interesting. What I need is a glucose moniter for the phone, that would be really cool. My Dexcom continuous glucose monitor uses IR from the site to the device I think, so if a BT version ever came out, it would be awsome!

BT_HRM

Feb 5, 2010
I was wondering if you had already found a heart rate monitor which sends out the heart rate via bluetooth.

If so please let me know as I am now in the process of investigation the possibility to have them produced (belt only).
When more people are willing to buy them it will cut down my cost.

Please let me know if you, or other people you know, are interested (PM)

Furthermore, anyone knows of any software which reads bluetooth Heart rates besides RunGPS ?!

Ciddy

Nov 15, 2008
Just found this thread after starting a new workout routine and stumbling across a Android market heart rate monitor app.

Searched like stupid and didn't find any products that were easily available, affordable or made any sense at all UNTIL I stumbled upon this:

http://www.ethpower.com/productInfo.asp?id=53

I contacted them for a sample and will report back on prices etc, although this looks more like a B2B company. Looks a bit hefty, but USB charging is cool.

lunchplease

Feb 22, 2012
Realme 6 Pro
Just found this thread after starting a new workout routine and stumbling across a Android market heart rate monitor app.

Searched like stupid and didn't find any products that were easily available, affordable or made any sense at all UNTIL I stumbled upon this:

http://www.ethpower.com/productInfo.asp?id=53

I contacted them for a sample and will report back on prices etc, although this looks more like a B2B company. Looks a bit hefty, but USB charging is cool.

Just came across this thread...I am looking for a bluetooth transmitter for heart rate monitor for my runtastic app on htc one x but I resent paying more than $100 for one!

Did anything pan out with that link, or did you find anything else suitable?

Fingers crossed!

Thanks

Lunch