FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

JellyBean Port?

267 posts
Thanks Meter: 53

By speedy0339, Senior Member on 28th June 2012, 11:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
JellyBean was ported form the Nexus Devices that were given out at I/O, is there a chance that a developer will port this to the maxx and og razr?

28th June 2012, 11:26 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
oh. my. god. i am going to have to switch to iPhone or go mad.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iolinux333 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iolinux333 Ad-Free
28th June 2012, 11:37 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
someone or some people will be allready on it and why not if tyhe source code is out
ICS is nice but i get the feeling its gonna be Androids Vista people might just skip for Jellybean
The Following User Says Thank You to maniAK- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maniAK- Ad-Free
28th June 2012, 12:02 PM |#4  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Some of us my friend still don't have ICS....let alone JB
28th June 2012, 12:55 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Sources not available yet... But i think that changes only affects android platform and not kernel. All HW accel was done in 4.0, so 4.1 should only optimize android itself (dalvik, gui underlying libraries, etc).
Nexus and RAZR share same CPU (OMAP4430/4460 - the only difference is CPU freq, so technically we can use libs from nexus without any problem and without recompilation since libraries already optimized for or CPU), same GPU (PVR SGX 540, however nexus's GPU is slightly overclocked) - so H/W accel should not be a problem

So there is a good change that someone will port 4.1 to our devices. Or maybe i'm just wrong
28th June 2012, 01:12 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 242

More
I just played w my buds verizon nexus on the team vicious jelly bean and it is nice! Smooth. Siri like voice assistant that really does a lot. I didn't expect it to be such a large update. I like and of course am hoping to get it on the RAZR soon but as it is ics is very very nice
28th June 2012, 02:33 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlex

Sources not available yet... But i think that changes only affects android platform and not kernel. All HW accel was done in 4.0, so 4.1 should only optimize android itself (dalvik, gui underlying libraries, etc).
Nexus and RAZR share same CPU (OMAP4430/4460 - the only difference is CPU freq, so technically we can use libs from nexus without any problem and without recompilation since libraries already optimized for or CPU), same GPU (PVR SGX 540, however nexus's GPU is slightly overclocked) - so H/W accel should not be a problem

So there is a good change that someone will port 4.1 to our devices. Or maybe i'm just wrong

Don't give up just yet, I am confident that some awesome developer out there will fix it

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium
28th June 2012, 02:52 PM |#8  
Flag Law Offices of Crane, Poole & Schmidt
Thanks Meter: 291

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolinux333

oh. my. god. i am going to have to switch to iPhone or go mad.

That sounds like an excellent strategy, because as we all know, hearing about a new OS makes our phones turn from great to absolutely unusable piles of junk. And, I want to help. I'll offer you FIVE DOLLARS for your Razr. SIX dollars if it's a Maxx. AND, I'll throw in an additional quarter if it has a 32gb or larger memory card. You can put this money towards a new iPhone 4s!

WOW, it feels great helping people! Yay me!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sRDennyCrane For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sRDennyCrane Ad-Free
28th June 2012, 03:12 PM |#9  
Flag Montreal, QC
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm going to wait a little while long for the OTA for ICS in Canada (rogers), but i'm getting tired of waiting!!! lol for my first android phone, was expecting a little more, but... after a "little while" i'm going to figure out how to push a image of ICS lol

i hope JB comes to the razr, but i'll just be happy with ICS
28th June 2012, 03:19 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniAK-

someone or some people will be allready on it and why not if tyhe source code is out
ICS is nice but i get the feeling its gonna be Androids Vista people might just skip for Jellybean

We share the same thought. I was thinking Windows Millennium, but Vista also works.

__
€ incognito »
28th June 2012, 03:21 PM |#11  
Flag Nottingham, MD
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Seriously, just because JB has been announced, doesn't make ICS any less awesome. It flies on the Razr, I love it (leaked .211). It seems like now people are starting to get the attitude that just because JB is going to be released soon, makes ICS ancient and unworthy for their device. I've seen people across this, and other forums, talking about selling their phones to get one that JB will be released to at some point. Unless you get a pure Google phone, like the Nexus, you won't be getting an upgrade to JB anytime soon. All manufacturers operate in the same mindset. Ventures that make them money is priority one, followed by other things, then other things, and then upgrading to the latest and greatest for existing devices sits kind of low. If the kernel source turns out to be an ICS based kernel, I'm sure that one of the devs will be cranking out a version for us to flash in SS 2.0.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)