[Q] eken gc10x root/rom sdcard

Search This thread

durtball

Aug 11, 2008
I have an eken gc10x. Need root for SD card access. Can someone help me I've had two returns to the store don't wanna make it number 3.

keith.valdez

May 4, 2011
Denver
What are you trying to do with the sdcard? There are no roms for this tablet at all. It is rooted by default and you can swap the internal and external cards for the purposes of installing games requiring large obb files but not for actual sdcard installation. I'm working on some modding with this device but I don't know the first thing about creating my own roms. I'm very knowledgeable about Linux and I've flashed a million devices so hopefully I can figure it out.

Sent from my GC10X using Tapatalk

UnZoner

Mar 6, 2014
Also interested

What are you trying to do with the sdcard? There are no roms for this tablet at all. It is rooted by default and you can swap the internal and external cards for the purposes of installing games requiring large obb files but not for actual sdcard installation. I'm working on some modding with this device but I don't know the first thing about creating my own roms. I'm very knowledgeable about Linux and I've flashed a million devices so hopefully I can figure it out.

Sent from my GC10X using Tapatalk

I'd be interested in this as well. I went and bought three of them for my kids around Christmas and they have been great for them...minus some odd issues. One being sound. They love Bloons TD and they can't hear the bloon pop but can hear music. Weird. Eken support was no good. I too know my way around Linux, have flashed dozens of custom ROMs and such. So...I'd love to help if I can. First thing I have been doing is looking around to see if this thing is generic enough to run another AllWinner ROM or not. BTW - I find the easiest way to get into recovery on this thing is to use Goomanager and have it boot it for you.

Let me know what I can do.

ari.d

Apr 28, 2014
micro sd card for my eken GC10x

I think I'm having a similar problem with my micro sd card. If I download something from the internet or a document that I create on the tablet nothing I do on the tablet will allow me to save it to my micro sd card. I can only save and download to the tablet itself and then through the file manager I can then copy stuff to the micro sd card.
Does anyone here have any suggestions on how I can actually access the micro sd card in an easier way than that? I've tried Kingo Root software but it didn't work, it didn't even recognize the tablet.
Any help with this will be appreciated. Thank you greatly in advance!

keith.valdez

May 4, 2011
Denver
OK Guys, sorry about not responding for a long time, but life has been insane in the membrane since I first bought this pad. All yall need to do is download an app called Root External 2 Internal SD from the play store and follow the instructions. Due note that it will not allow you to fully swap and use that entire space on your SD to install the actual app to the SD, but any app that requires large files (such as games using the OBB folder) they will now default to the SD card so you can fit large games on your EKEN pad. I haven't had a whole lot of time to mess with the basic programming of the OS on this pad as I just got a new job and a new home at nearly the same time and we're still unpacking. Come to think of it, I have no idea where in my living room, under the mountains of boxes and things, this pad is right now... probably not even charged. LOL. Using my Nexus 7 32gb now. Anyway, that works well enough for the time being and you guys should be able to enjoy to big download games such as Bard's Tale and the like. ALSO, make sure to format the SD card as exFAT before you use it for this purpose, or your camera WILL NOT WORK! Fat32 is NOT acceptable for use with this swapping technique.

Cheers

Keef

Last edited: