[ODIN][UCKD5] Odin - Stock (100% or Root+3e) - (Update 06/05/11)

Search This thread

rblankman

Nov 17, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
no problem. I did flash multiple times. at times, I could not get the downloader, but instead go a picture of a phone and pc with am orange exclamation in between. it still flashed though. Just keeps hanging after reboot at the samsung logo and no recovery mode possible. I will use the exchange option. I still have my Cappy, so I can wait a few days and try to troubleshoot.

Last edited:

Realityfalse

Mar 2, 2011
Orange Park, Fl
www.facebook.com
Bricked Need help

I bricked my through removing an app, the screen went solid black except the bottom buttons i rebooted and it goes into an infinite loop.It was rooted thrugh the super one click. I attempted the odin above and it fails everytime. Ive tried the mirror also to no avail. Any help would be welcomed. :confused:

h8rift

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2010
I bricked my through removing an app, the screen went solid black except the bottom buttons i rebooted and it goes into an infinite loop.It was rooted thrugh the super one click. I attempted the odin above and it fails everytime. Ive tried the mirror also to no avail. Any help would be welcomed. :confused:

Where does it fail?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

h8rift

Jun 29, 2010
no problem. I did flash multiple times. at times, I could not get the downloader, but instead go a picture of a phone and pc with am orange exclamation in between. it still flashed though. Just keeps hanging after reboot at the samsung logo and no recovery mode possible. I will use the exchange option. I still have my Cappy, so I can wait a few days and try to troubleshoot.

Thanks for your patience. Trying to troubleshoot while at work from my phone is a bit difficult. :).

Ill definitely work with you if you jave time after i get out of work back at my computer :).

Thanks!
-h8

Realityfalse

Mar 2, 2011
Orange Park, Fl
www.facebook.com
it starts and then fails a few seconds later and says

<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> zImage
<ID:0/004> modem.bin
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1

h8rift

Jun 29, 2010
it starts and then fails a few seconds later and says

<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> zImage
<ID:0/004> modem.bin
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1

Just.checking...you dont have repartition checked...right?

Can you go back into download mode and try it again? I wonder if it sticks at the same place?

Spartoi

Jul 31, 2009
Pomona
well use the .tar file in this thread, put it in the pda slot in odin. put the phone in download mode and connect it to the computer. have auto reboot selected. and hit start.

if that doesnt work then try it again except put pit.pit in the pit slot and the .tar from this thread in the phone slot, select repartition, put phone in download mode, connect it to the computer and hit start.

Does repartitioning take a long time? My phone has been stuck at this for like 5 minutes:

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/005> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!

h8rift

Jun 29, 2010
Does repartitioning take a long time? My phone has been stuck at this for like 5 minutes:

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/005> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!

Guys........there is NO need to repartition! :)

Repartition is needed only if you mess with the sizing of the partition. Since we are all on UCKD5....there is no need. If KJ1 or something came out tomorrow and it changed the partitioning, at that time you would have to repartition to get back to UCKD5 :).

.pit files can be very dangerous if used incorrectly.

Spartoi

Jul 31, 2009
Pomona
Well I'm stuck at the Samsung screen. I've tried to get into recovery and no go. :(

Can someone explain to me the exchange process with AT&T? I just go into the store and tell them ?? and they give me a new phone? Do I need to bring anything and etc? Also, what should my excuse be?

Last edited:

h8rift

Jun 29, 2010
Hows the development going on this ROM adding any extras soon?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App

This isn't meant to be a ROM. This is a way to flash back to stock.

I will be working on a ROM soon, but I do not think Odin is the best way to deliver the ROM yet, until we get an official Odin via Samsung (through Samfirmware leak :p). This is apparently working for some and not for others....I'm trying to figure out why its not working 100% for everyone...what's the common denominator?

Thanks,
-h8

Reactions: Realityfalse

h8rift

Jun 29, 2010
Anyone that is still bricked after trying this, please Pm me. I have some ideas...

Realityfalse

Mar 2, 2011
Orange Park, Fl
www.facebook.com
Common Denominator?

mine seems to lack the ability to write succefully to the device. As you remember mine fails when it attempts to write modem.bin. So i repackaged your stock file minus the modem.bin and retried with it failing at the first package is attempted to write. Just like it did with the modem.bin. I dunno im a novice to say the least just thought id help you brainstorm the problem as best as i can.

thddragon85

May 4, 2011
Tell them, my phone doesn't work any more. I want a new one.

Do this within 30 days. Bring original packaging and receipt.

Realityfalse

Mar 2, 2011
Orange Park, Fl
www.facebook.com
i work at at&t. Every major city has a warranty center where you can take your defective phones as long as you dont have a prepaid account and they will either service or warranty your phone for up to a year. All devices you get through at&t have a warranty and as long as it is not refurbished the warranty is a year. You wont need your packaging or receipt just the phonein like new condition, and the account holder or an authorized user will have to be present in order to do an exchange.

kornklown69

Jan 21, 2011
Springfield, Missouri
This isn't meant to be a ROM. This is a way to flash back to stock.

I will be working on a ROM soon, but I do not think Odin is the best way to deliver the ROM yet, until we get an official Odin via Samsung (through Samfirmware leak :p). This is apparently working for some and not for others....I'm trying to figure out why its not working 100% for everyone...what's the common denominator?

Thanks,
-h8

Haha man im not that much of a noob...I must have been drunk last night haha I know what odin is I used it on my captivate frequently but glad your going to be developing a ROM though!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App

h8rift

Jun 29, 2010
mine seems to lack the ability to write succefully to the device. As you remember mine fails when it attempts to write modem.bin. So i repackaged your stock file minus the modem.bin and retried with it failing at the first package is attempted to write. Just like it did with the modem.bin. I dunno im a novice to say the least just thought id help you brainstorm the problem as best as i can.

Thanks for helping me test. I'm looking to see if the newer version of Odin fixes this like it did for the i9003. Please do not attempt it unless you are working directly with me. I don't want it breaking your phone to a point where you cannot revive it.

h8rift

Jun 29, 2010
Thanks for helping me test. I'm looking to see if the newer version of Odin fixes this like it did for the i9003. Please do not attempt it unless you are working directly with me. I don't want it breaking your phone to a point where you cannot revive it.

I think beatblaster has helped me figure it out. Please do not use the .tar file if you were about to. im removing the link in Op until i put up the test version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will flash the stock kernel, modem, system, dbdata and cache. There's no need for a pit since we do not have any other OS versions to flash yet that would re-partition your device.

Instructions:
    1) Make sure the drivers for the Infuse 4G are installed.
    2) Please unzip the .zip file.
    3) Run Odin3 v1.81.exe (as administrator if you are on Windows 7)
    4) Place your phone into download mode (pull battery, press and hold both Volume keys, put battery in and plug the USB cable in)
    5) Make sure your phone shows up in Odin as COM##
    5) Click the PDA button and choose the .tar.md5 file in the .zip.
    6) Press Start.
    7) After it completes, it will reboot your device and should boot up like normal. If it fails on flash see FAQ Question 4 below!

There is ALWAYS risk when flashing your device. Unfortunately, I will not be held responsible. Please use this as a means to get back to stock if something happens.

* DO NOT FLASH PIT (PIT not included).
    * DO NOT CHECK ANYTHING IN ODIN EXCEPT "AUTO-REBOOT" AND "F. RESET TIME" (should be checked by default)

FAQ:
    Question 1: Why does it have .md5 at the end?
    Answer: Its in md5 format so in case your download is corrupted, you dont brick your phone.

Question 2: Can I rename it to just .tar and flash?
    Answer: DO NOT rename it from md5 format. If it says the md5 sum is invalid, then it will not flash. Just re-download again and try again.

Question 3: Why does it give an error if i try to open in in 7zip/WinRAR/WinZip?
    Answer: It should! Windows doesn't recognize when an md5sum is written to the end of a file. Don't panic!

Question 4: It passed the md5sum check, but failed writing on factoryfs. What do I do?!?
    Answer: This is exactly what happened to me. Don't panic. Follow these steps exactly:
    * Hold the power button to turn off.
    * Make sure Odin is still open.
    * Plug the USB cable in and hold the volume keys down at the same time. You will be on the screen with a "Phone ! PC" screen.
    * Press Start on Odin.
    * Once it completes, it will boot up into recovery. Don't worry about wiping cache or user data. Just choose "Reboot Device".

This flash takes quite a long period of time due to the size of the files. I'd say it took me 5 - 10 minutes for the flash to complete. Be patient! Afterwards it booted up with recovery, and chose Reboot Now.

* codeworkx - for the advice and assistance!
    * beatblaster - First tester after a bad framework-res update.
    * Realityfalse - Second tester
    * dotsad - Third tester
    * imnuts - Very Helpful advice and instructions for Odin installations!
    * My Infuse - Fourth and final tester (thought I lost her for a minute there!)

Download Links:
    UCKD5 Stock + Root + 3e Modded Recovery
    UCKD5 100% Stock (no root, no 3e Modded Recovery)
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    You helped me a lot with this =D
    Worked for me. Thanks.

This has worked for me. Phone is now back to stock and working fine. Thanks a lot to the OP.

I have made a video of the steps which I have followed to take my phone back to stock. Here's the youtube link:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8ZMku8TtTk
    I'm on froyo as I can install the Red cwm with SGS Kernel Flasher help me

How many dead threads are you going to post in?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium
    ok, Are you going to tweak it and re-link the new one? If you need me to test it id be more than willing. Just pm me and ill do my best

yes sir! i will be uploading tonight.