[DEV] HTC One X firmware | Partitions Info | [20.04.2012]

Search This thread

jacho6380

Dec 1, 2010
unlocktoken be installed in any partition, not knowing that someone is a partition? If we knew that it would give the partition of the original phone, pull and replace the Unlock_code.bin phone and data to its original state but that was UNLOCKED LOCKED

gunswordx

Jan 29, 2012
I have cid as 38 which is not supported for jb but as you said can I add my cid to the zip and then upgrade ? what can go wrong and if I do it correct will it work ok and upgrade my hboot??

tomascus

Recognized Developer
Jun 5, 2012
Melbourne
But the op states about adding your acid to the zip but not extracting am I missing something

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Obviously, it's different in this case. You can see that the firmware is very different to the one we flash for jelly bean. If you want to try then be my guest.

Sent from my cardboard box

Vcek

Aug 27, 2011
Simril
What about the /dev partition ? which .img file is it located in ? does it contain all the hardware drivers ? Too many questions right ?

arghish

Mar 2, 2009
khoy
help to add cid

hi mike in first post :
2e. Add your cidnum: <your CID> or modelid: <your MID> to the list, save file and close archive
my cid is 621 . when i add my cid in text file and save it , the archive file not allow to save. archive file locked? how i do it?

Black-FR

May 11, 2012
I think this Info here is already old, but maybe it helps in any way:
Guys interesting find!!

file is mmcblk0, offset 00A00000!

I hope its the only file with the CID code... can anyone try to change it? =) i really cant risk mine sorry...
attachment.php

ppcd9220

Sep 25, 2009
Moscow
The problem is I don't know the parameters for dd command to copy only the needed ammount of data.
It always copies the full partition. I don't want to try to reflash inclomplete image...
mmcblk0 - is a full copy of system flash which looks like include all other partitions like mmcblk0p?
The size of mmcblk0 is approx. 6 GB, and there's no way to fully dump it to SD card, because of FAT32 limitation = 4 GB/ file
I was trying to change partition type of SD card partition to EXT4, but failed.. looks like Boot sector of this partition is locked. After format the partition code is still FAT32... and the partition is corrupted.

Then I see 3 possibilities:
1. Copy partition via Adb Sell bb command to some network location (Don't know how to mount network folder as a drive)
2. Use USB HOST to connect external usb Flash (NTFS) and software that allows to mount it (present on the market) and some software that allows to use android commands from the device. (I don't know about such software)
3. Copy only the part of the partition to SD card for editing (and back) with dd command or similiar. (I don't know the right parameters)

Do we have any linux Gurus ?

Last edited:

ppcd9220

Sep 25, 2009
Moscow
I've succeded in overwriting the CID. Just used count= parameter for DD command. (Block size=512b).
I've replaced my CID with another one. disconnected, connected, performed test readout. The CID string is changed.
Unfortunately it looks like it is back-uped somewhere and checked at start-up.
Because after rebooting my CID is back.
Tested 2 times. After changing - I can read it. After reboot it is back to original one.

Does anyone have any other ideas of changing CID and/or S-ON/OFF ?

Vcek

Aug 27, 2011
Simril
I've succeded in overwriting the CID. Just used count= parameter for DD command. (Block size=512b).
I've replaced my CID with another one. disconnected, connected, performed test readout. The CID string is changed.
Unfortunately it looks like it is back-uped somewhere and checked at start-up.
Because after rebooting my CID is back.
Tested 2 times. After changing - I can read it. After reboot it is back to original one.

Does anyone have any other ideas of changing CID and/or S-ON/OFF ?
Try editing the CID from the OFF recovery mode (with CWM):

Turn off the phone completely,
then connect the USB and wait for around 15 seconds
Use the adb commands directly without touching the phone.

I was amazed that i can play around my phone's internal memory while its in this mode, adb devices shows "recovery" although phone is off.

The actual problem is that S-ON secures (idk how) the NAND from writing(and partial reading).

EDIT: Some partition information, n=name:
mmcblk0p1, contains S/N
mmcblk0p2, contains PID and wrong manufacture date (maybe programmed date) my hox is ht251, shows 2012/5/3
mmcblk0p6, n=PG1
mmcblk0p7, n=PG2
mmcblk0p8, n=PG3
mmcblk0p9, n=SIF, contains mainversion and radioversion <<< EDITABLE(buggy) , fastboot reads from SIF when oem rebootRUU
mmcblk0p10, n=SP1
mmcblk0p11, n=RV1
mmcblk0p18, what's sec.bin ?
mmcblk0p20, temp partition contains higher(for me)hboot version?!? 1.33.0000 (or just temp from failed flash), im still hboot 1.31

Last edited:
Reactions: nitrous²

adixs

Sep 5, 2009
help pls

I tried to change CID.my Hox is in bootloop. I edited via HexEditor mmcblk0p19 and mmcblk0p4. RUU is not working. My phone starts fatboot and recovery (orang216, 3.16.65.2) pls help

Jump1ng

Nov 23, 2011
UK
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 9 Pro
I tried to change CID.my Hox is in bootloop. I edited via HexEditor mmcblk0p19 and mmcblk0p4. RUU is not working. My phone starts fatboot and recovery (orang216, 3.16.65.2) pls help

You can't change CID if your phone is S-ON so unless your phone is S-OFF if you restart it it should have your old CID back and you should hopefully be able to install the right RUU for your phone.

adixs

Sep 5, 2009
You can't change CID if your phone is S-ON so unless your phone is S-OFF if you restart it it should have your old CID back and you should hopefully be able to install the right RUU for your phone.
i have s-off.
phone installed right RUU. but does not start

Last edited:

chinthaka5

Sep 18, 2013
This thread's content might brick your device.
This is not a ROM thread, so I'm not going to answer again and again and again the same questions over and over and over again.
You can't read - quit this thread now. You can read but you can't understand more or less simple things - quit as well.
You can read and you understand things, but you are too lazy to read the whole thread before asking the question - watch this first. And quit.

This is what we know so far:

index1.php

Some conclusions:

1. It's very nice to see that finally someone separated "internal sd card" from userdata partition. So it's no longer linked to /data/media, as it used to be on Asus Transformer, Transformer Prime, Galaxy Nexus etc. but it's a separate partition now - mmcblk0p14. Basically the biggest benefit from that is that now formatting userdata partition will no longer erase virtual sd card content.
2. It seems that NFC and WLAN deep settings are stored on separate partitions: mmcblk0p1 (wlan) and ? (NFC).
3. There is a 5th PHYSICAL core, but it's invisible to the system. Android only sees the 4 main cores. The 5th companion core is not controlled by Android. Tegra 3 architecture itself handles the load balancing between the main cores and the companion core. (Thanks to Diamondback)
4. There is no radio.img in current RUUs.

Download firmware for HTC One X (PJ4610000)

Firmware from 1.28.401.9 RUU
--- MD5 checksum: 83375DF988C86E92417AA8949012A1C2 *PJ46IMG.zip ---

Supported devices:
--- CID's added by users requests are marked with green color ---
cidnum: HTC__001
cidnum: HTC__E11
cidnum: HTC__203
cidnum: HTC__Y13
cidnum: HTC__102
cidnum: HTC__405
cidnum: HTC__304
cidnum: HTC__032
cidnum: HTC__J15
cidnum: HTC__A07
cidnum: HTC__016
cidnum: HTC__M27

Why it's better then full RUU:

1. It doesn't contain stock recovery
2. It doesn't contain stock, non rooted system
3. It doesn't contain secured boot.img
4. It wont wipe your data partition
5. It's much smaller :D

PJ46IMG.zip content: [UPDATE: 25.03.2012]

android-info.txt - updated [20.04.2012]
bct.img - updated [25.03.2012]
rcdata.img - updated [20.04.2012]

How to flash:

1. Check your CID using fastboot getvar cid and MID using fastboot getvar mid
2a. If your CID and MID are supported by default, navigate to point 3.
2b. If your CID or MID is not supported by default, do this: (you do it at your own risk)
2c. Open PJ46IMG.zip (don't extract it)
2d. Open android-info.txt in text editor
2e. Add your cidnum: <your CID> or modelid: <your MID> to the list, save file and close archive
3. Place PJ46IMG.zip on your SD card
4. Boot your device holding power button + vol down button
5. Follow instructions on the screen

Additional information:

1. Flash above firmware at your own risk!
2. It's recommended to flash it before flashing custom ROM based on proper RUU!
3. Unlocking via htcdev.com will change your CID number into "none".

4. RUU variants:
x.xx.61.x - Orange UK (United Kingdom)
x.xx.75.x - Orange ES (Spain)
x.xx.110.x - T-Mobile UK (United Kingdom)
x.xx.111.x - T-Mobile DE (Germany)
x.xx.112.x - T-Mobile AT (Austria)
x.xx.114.x - T-Mobile NL (Netherlands)
x.xx.118.x - T-Mobile PL (Poland)
x.xx.161.x - Vodafone UK (United Kingdom)
x.xx.166.x - Vodafone CH-DE (Switzerland - Germany)
x.xx.163.x - Vodafone FR (France)
x.xx.169.x - Vodafone AT (Austria)
x.xx.206.x - O2 UK (United Kingdom)
x.xx.207.x - O2 DE (Germany)
x.xx.401.x - World Wide English
x.xx.707.x - Asia WWE (World Wide English)
x.xx.720.x - Asia India
x.xx.771.x - Hutchison 3G UK (United Kingdom)
x.xx.862.x - Voda-Hutch AU (Australia)
x.xx.980.x - Optus AU (Australia)
x.xx.1400.x - HTC China

Please post here your findings, thoughts or experience with after flashing images listed above.

hey mike..

can u please update the download link. its not working anymore .. and if some one has the RUU file please upload it...
thnks..

maddy73

Mar 2, 2014
HTC ONE X charging stopped at 66%

Thats weird :s
Cpu0 to cpu3 = main cpu cores
Any sign of a cpu1p? (Cpu1p = companion core)

HY guyz>>>>>>>i am in real trublr ik its wrong sub to post here still i expect help >>>>
i have rooted htc one x and had xenon hd rom installed but it was unstable.one day while travelling in train i was charging my phone suddenly charging stopped at 66% and after some time it switched off. i tried many times to boot but there was battery symbol at start but it doesnt semmed to be charging.i thought it might be software problem ,so i changed the rom ,but nothing happened same proble also i used to see com.android.phone error popping continuously...

so i went back to stock but still i saw battery used to show 66% only even in history it showed straight line to 66.

finally i relocked my phone i submitted at service centre to format and flash rom...
but then too same problem persist.i can use my phone normally but charging ias stopped at 66%.at start of boot it show orange light and as soon as the HTC ONE X logo come the light is off....

really i am stucked....htc service centre is asking me to change motherboard which i cant afford....>>>

plZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz guyz need help yaar,,,,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread's content might brick your device.
    This is not a ROM thread, so I'm not going to answer again and again and again the same questions over and over and over again.
    You can't read - quit this thread now. You can read but you can't understand more or less simple things - quit as well.
    You can read and you understand things, but you are too lazy to read the whole thread before asking the question - watch this first. And quit.

This is what we know so far:

index1.php

Some conclusions:

1. It's very nice to see that finally someone separated "internal sd card" from userdata partition. So it's no longer linked to /data/media, as it used to be on Asus Transformer, Transformer Prime, Galaxy Nexus etc. but it's a separate partition now - mmcblk0p14. Basically the biggest benefit from that is that now formatting userdata partition will no longer erase virtual sd card content.
    2. It seems that NFC and WLAN deep settings are stored on separate partitions: mmcblk0p1 (wlan) and ? (NFC).
    3. There is a 5th PHYSICAL core, but it's invisible to the system. Android only sees the 4 main cores. The 5th companion core is not controlled by Android. Tegra 3 architecture itself handles the load balancing between the main cores and the companion core. (Thanks to Diamondback)
    4. There is no radio.img in current RUUs.

Download firmware for HTC One X (PJ4610000)

Firmware from 1.28.401.9 RUU
    --- MD5 checksum: 83375DF988C86E92417AA8949012A1C2 *PJ46IMG.zip ---

Supported devices:
    --- CID's added by users requests are marked with green color ---
    cidnum: HTC__001
    cidnum: HTC__E11
    cidnum: HTC__203
    cidnum: HTC__Y13
    cidnum: HTC__102
    cidnum: HTC__405
    cidnum: HTC__304
    cidnum: HTC__032
    cidnum: HTC__J15
    cidnum: HTC__A07
    cidnum: HTC__016
    cidnum: HTC__M27

Why it's better then full RUU:

1. It doesn't contain stock recovery
    2. It doesn't contain stock, non rooted system
    3. It doesn't contain secured boot.img
    4. It wont wipe your data partition
    5. It's much smaller :D

PJ46IMG.zip content: [UPDATE: 25.03.2012]

android-info.txt - updated [20.04.2012]
    bct.img - updated [25.03.2012]
    rcdata.img - updated [20.04.2012]

How to flash:

1. Check your CID using fastboot getvar cid and MID using fastboot getvar mid
    2a. If your CID and MID are supported by default, navigate to point 3.
    2b. If your CID or MID is not supported by default, do this: (you do it at your own risk)
    2c. Open PJ46IMG.zip (don't extract it)
    2d. Open android-info.txt in text editor
    3. Place PJ46IMG.zip on your SD card
    4. Boot your device holding power button + vol down button
    5. Follow instructions on the screen

Additional information:

1. Flash above firmware at your own risk!
    2. It's recommended to flash it before flashing custom ROM based on proper RUU!
    3. Unlocking via htcdev.com will change your CID number into "none".

4. RUU variants:
    x.xx.61.x - Orange UK (United Kingdom)
    x.xx.75.x - Orange ES (Spain)
    x.xx.110.x - T-Mobile UK (United Kingdom)
    x.xx.111.x - T-Mobile DE (Germany)
    x.xx.112.x - T-Mobile AT (Austria)
    x.xx.114.x - T-Mobile NL (Netherlands)
    x.xx.118.x - T-Mobile PL (Poland)
    x.xx.161.x - Vodafone UK (United Kingdom)
    x.xx.166.x - Vodafone CH-DE (Switzerland - Germany)
    x.xx.163.x - Vodafone FR (France)
    x.xx.169.x - Vodafone AT (Austria)
    x.xx.206.x - O2 UK (United Kingdom)
    x.xx.207.x - O2 DE (Germany)
    x.xx.401.x - World Wide English
    x.xx.707.x - Asia WWE (World Wide English)
    x.xx.720.x - Asia India
    x.xx.771.x - Hutchison 3G UK (United Kingdom)
    x.xx.862.x - Voda-Hutch AU (Australia)
    x.xx.980.x - Optus AU (Australia)
    x.xx.1400.x - HTC China

Please post here your findings, thoughts or experience with after flashing images listed above.
    Here are some details about CPU kernel settings:

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies

51000 | 102000 | 204000 | 340000 | 475000 | 640000 | 760000 | 880000 | 1000000 | 1100000 | 1200000 | 1400000 | 1500000

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors

interactive conservative ondemand powersave userspace performance

Some details about how Tegra 3 works on HTC One X:

1. While screen is turned OFF only cpu0 is online. cpu1, cpu2 and cpu3 are all offline.
    2. I think that cpu2 and cpu3 are online only on heavy load. That needs to be confirmed.
    3. While screen is turned OFF only interactive governor is available.
    4. When battery is < 20%, CPU downclocks to 1.0 GHz.

Fastboot commands that doesn't work without S-OFF:

• fastboot flash rcdata rcdata.img
    • fastboot oem writesecureflag
    • fastboot oem writecid
    Yup just found out that companion core is cpu0 (explains why cpu0 is on all the time)
    There is only 4 physical cores
    Wow thought they had 5 physical cores, guess not lol

EDIT: ill double check to confirm

EDIT: yup thats what it looks like
    The saving power core is cpu0, it enters LP2 state when saving power

No that is wrong. There is a fith PHYSICAL core but it's invisble to the system. Android only sees the four main cores.
    The fith companion core is NOT, i repeat NOT, controlled by android. The tegra architecture itself handels to load balacing between the main cores and the companion core.
    YOu won't find any traces of this companion core in the system.
    Awesome news, what are your plans?

Kernel and ROM?

Kernel, recovery, etc... Though I was disapppointed to see that 2.6.3x kernel was used by HTC...

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
    i have s-off.
    phone installed right RUU. but does not start

would you have really s-off then you wouldn't have orang cid ....pls post a photo of you "s-offed" phone