[t0ltetmo][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Search This thread

loaferkan

Oct 16, 2007
New York
What? ??

By the way most users like options. If you don't then stick with cwm and stop trying to discourage further development for the note. This is a development website (xda developers) the purpose of this site is for developers to share work and users are free to try it. Now I'm happy with TWRP, but another option is great and I'll probably give this a shot soon but others didn't like the options or want to try something new now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

lol teaching me what XDA stands for? hahaha probably you were still breastfeeding when I joined in...but thanks for the recall :) I appreciate it....God, my last reply in this thread...ENJOY!

homerxd

Aug 18, 2011
So far I am having only one issue. I am on cm10.2 and can't flash update by using cmupdater after download. Recovery says.. Flash untrusted zip? And exits. If I boot to recovery and flash same zip..it works fine.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Reactions: chindtown

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
So far I am having only one issue. I am on cm10.2 and can't flash update by using cmupdater after download. Recovery says.. Flash untrusted zip? And exits. If I boot to recovery and flash same zip..it works fine.

cm updater uses a non existing /sdcard/0 path
cm fans must go into advanced and set path to /data/media
By default, this recovery uses /data/media/0

Some_dude36

Mar 21, 2012
hollow earth
I'm getting a wall of text when I try to flash from CWM 6.0.1.5 .getprop ( RO.build.product) =t889 or i317 ( alternates between the two all the way down the screen over and over and it aborts at the bottom with a status 7 alert. ????
Says error in philztouch zip . I tried downloading several times and putting the file on from MTP and mounting mass storage from recovery and neither works.

Last edited:

sunglint

Feb 18, 2008
Houston
Working great with Omnirom on tOltetmo

Decided to try Omnirom last week, coming from JediX16. Since there were a number of complaints about using TWRP with Omnirom and it affecting data comm I decided to switch from TWRP to your CWM. I now find out that stock CWM does not work with Omniroms new OTA updater, but yours works like a breeze.

But I wonder, is this a vulnerability? TWRP allows goomanager only to script it, is yours open to anything?

Anyways, although I love the look and ease of TWRP your recovery is great, does everything I need, although I had to adjust the row height.

Oh, but it would be nice to have an option for fixing permissions, that has come in handy more than once.

Some_dude36

Mar 21, 2012
hollow earth
I'm getting a wall of text when I try to flash from CWM 6.0.1.5 .getprop ( RO.build.product) =t889 or i317 ( alternates between the two all the way down the screen over and over and it aborts at the bottom with a status 7 alert. ????
Says error in philztouch zip . I tried downloading several times and putting the file on from MTP and mounting mass storage from recovery and neither works.

snbk.gif

apicia

Aug 23, 2011
MA
Thanks for your work Phil. Does this work with the new bootloader. I've had some problems with installing 4.3 Jedi using TWRP. I originally OTA updated to 4.3, then tried two custom ROM using TWRP (both install froze, and then had some data drops). Odin'd back to stock 4.3 rooted. Very stable, but now I have stock recovery.

casperi

Jan 7, 2011
Saved my butt again on another device. Thx Phil.

Zombtastic

Jan 2, 2013
I'm getting an issue with trying to auto-update/auto-flash in OmniROM. I just thought I should report it here as per requested through the recovery haha. If this is the wrong place I am sorry.

The log is attached.

I am not sure what the issue is, it may even be something on my side of the equation and not the recovery itself (I'm thinking it's an issue with the script). But when i download a nightly through the ota in OmniROM, and hit the "flash now" it reboots and tries to flash but seems to give me a few errors that seem like it can't find the zip. But then it says it's trying to update the zip and fails? I dunno... When I flash the nightlies on their own manually it works fine though.

if anyone could help that'd be awesome. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• philz_recovery.7z
    3.1 KB · Views: 181

apicia

Aug 23, 2011
MA
I'm getting an issue with trying to auto-update/auto-flash in OmniROM. I just thought I should report it here as per requested through the recovery haha. If this is the wrong place I am sorry.

The log is attached.

I am not sure what the issue is, it may even be something on my side of the equation and not the recovery itself (I'm thinking it's an issue with the script). But when i download a nightly through the ota in OmniROM, and hit the "flash now" it reboots and tries to flash but seems to give me a few errors that seem like it can't find the zip. But then it says it's trying to update the zip and fails? I dunno... When I flash the nightlies on their own manually it works fine though.

if anyone could help that'd be awesome. Thanks in advance!

Download the update and then go into recovery and flash it from there.

Zombtastic

Jan 2, 2013
Download the update and then go into recovery and flash it from there.

When I flash the nightlies on their own manually it works fine though.

I realize. The problem I'm trying to fix isn't the flashing in general... I am wondering if I could get it to flash automatically through the script at all. It's just a luxury at this point, but I am always ready to learn to fix something on my own if I can.

Techronico

Mar 1, 2009
Santa Clara
I realize. The problem I'm trying to fix isn't the flashing in general... I am wondering if I could get it to flash automatically through the script at all. It's just a luxury at this point, but I am always ready to learn to fix something on my own if I can.

I believe someone in the OmniRom thread mentioned that an older version (6.04.5) is able to complete an OTA flash. I haven't tested this to see if it is true, but you are more than welcome to be the Ginny pig...

Also I couldn't find a link for that version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
    It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
    Read the features, and check if you are missing something

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
    Last version can be found here:
    If it's not broken, don't fix it...I think my recovery the current one is fine....It's has big touch keys, and easy to understand...just a few boxes and get my things done!

TWRP is a very good recovery, stock cwm too. My recovery was greatly inspired from twrp to whom I give credits in my sources/thread.

However, i really do not care about your personal tastes, nor do readers probably. If you have no contributing dev posts, no need to add them here. It is the developer topic

You can open a recovery discussion on your tastes in General section.

I monitor above 70 threads to give support. So, if everyone posts what ever he likes just to talk, I keep wasting my time refreshing threads just to read useless comments.

This is directed to all, not only you.

There are rules in dev section, they are there for a reason, so follow them

Other things go in faq or general section

Discussion CLOSED
    BACK TO THE SUPPORT

cm updater uses a non existing /sdcard/0 path
    cm fans must go into advanced and set path to /data/media
    By default, this recovery uses /data/media/0
    No thanks, it was so confusing, and so small:(

It is, however the nice thing about this recovery is that it is customizable. Go into "PhilZ Settings" -> "GUI Preferences" the tap on "Menu Height" until the menu suits your needs. Personally i set it at 72
    All Note 2 variants updated on goo.im

Just re-download 6.12.8
    You'll notice the much smaller size :)