[apk] Maxthon HD Tablet Browser apk v 4.0.4.1000

Search This thread

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
When you visit XDA on your phone...

Tapatalk limits your view/capabilities too much for me, & lets you be even more of a nOOb!

Xda app is bug ridden.

Ad blocking via a host file or a script like PurePerfomance & the like is a MUST on a any browser on xda! I tried Chrome on bone stock ...94 and it was useless! It would freeze up until all the ad crap was done, not to mention the "This is a Trap..." BS.
Yet WITH ad blocking it is the only browser, I know of, that does complete editing on xda!

Update
The newest 4.3.5 is a great departure from this. The history cannot be added the Quick access, has an awkward interface and has a short & poor memory.

http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/themes-apps/boat-browser-hd-lux-screen-brightness-t2821205

Maxthon HD, its legacy is Miren, is my favorite "display" browser.
Stay close to the Quick access / home to keep freezing to an acceptable rate. When a freeze happens just hold your recent apps key (GravityBox) to kill & restart. Quick access is a customizable favorits/home that defaults when you close all tabs.
Best ( mandatory) settings:
Turn everything off including fetch mode.
Txt size: large to ex large.
Web links display: normal
Open links: open in current is a must. Open in new & set as current is a must for file uploads only (moto x no ULs at all).
Zoom: close.
With the proper settings you can toggle to a edit/upload mode and back to the best forum display mode.
attachment.php

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mx.browser.tablet
Not to be confused with the non tablet version or the Pioneer version which are useless! The pioneer is really very nice & perhaps less buggy than hd, but cut & paste do not work!

Also choose the 2010 style/theme at the lower left.

P M notifications are turned off by default.

Choose user cp > edit options > forum display > linear newest, so you do not have to press that tiny little arrow to get the latest post. I use the forum display changer to go another mode to view the op on a long thread.

Attachments

• com.mx.browser.tablet-1.apk
    5.7 MB · Views: 565
Last edited:

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
what's wrong with tapatalk?

It limits your view of what is on the forum.
How do you jump to other phone forums? With a browser compact view of forums is easy. I could go on but try Marathon HD. The customizable quick access (their version of favorites) default home page is so handy!
BTW I never use fetch mode. It causes freezing on xda.

Last edited: