[ LEAK/Discussion ] Xperia Z2 Tablet Specifications/Press Renders

Search This thread

ImAnurag

Aug 10, 2011
New Delhi
GizmoBolt.com
Google Pixel 2 XL
Xperia Z2 Tablet / Sony SGP521 Castor Tab coming soon ;)

As per @Evleaks, Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Specifications are like this, it will feature Snapdragon 800 SoC 2.3 GHz quad core processor, 10.1" screen display with 1920x1200 resolution Triluminos for Mobile, 3GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage with external SD card slot, 8MP Rear cam and 2 MP front cam, 6000mAh battery, 6.4mm slim almost equal to Xperia Z Ultra, IP waterproof ratings and running android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware.

Via - http://www.xperiaguide.com/2014/02/17/sony-xperia-z2-tablet-specifications-leaked-s800-10-1-hd-screen-3gb-ram-16gb-internal-storage-6000mah-battery-8mp-rear-cam/

Sony-Xperia-Tablet-Z2-Specifications.png

[ UPDATE - 18 Feb ] New Press Renders of Xperia Z2 Tablet and Pics have been leaked.

Xperia-Z2-Tablet-Press-Render-Pic.png

New Xperia Z2 Tablet press render pics and specifications have been leaked by @GadgetLeaks, stating Xperia Z2 Tablet weighs 426 grams for Wi-Fi version and 439 grams for LTE model. Exact dimension of Xperia Z2 Tablet is 266 x 172 x 6.4 mm.

Xperia-Z2-Tablet-Leaked-Pics.jpg

Xperia-Z2-Tablet-Leaked-Press-Renders.jpg

Xperia-Z2-Tablet-White-Pic-Leaked.jpg

Xperia-Z2-Tablet-Leaked.jpg

Xperia-Z2-Tablet-Waterproof-IP-ratings.jpg

via - http://www.xperiaguide.com/2014/02/18/xperia-z2-tablet-press-render-pics-leaked/

Last edited:

x000x

Apr 6, 2012
maybe it will start off cheaper now compared to the outrageous $500 as the first one originally was.

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
maybe it will start off cheaper now compared to the outrageous $500 as the first one originally was.

It is the same price, if not lower, than their direct counterparts from other companies. The iPad was costing $100 more at the time of the release.

Also, more supposed specs:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...ia-tablet-z2-press-renders-leak-onto-twitter/

WiFi: 426g, LTE: 439g. Both lighter than the iPad Air

Dimensions: 266 x 172 x 6.4mm (Except for thickness, which is less than the actual model), has the same exact dimensions as our model.

Considering they follow the Z1 design (Magnetic charger, Aluminium borders), it's impressive that they did all of that, but with the same battery size.

x000x

Apr 6, 2012
so... because the overpriced ipad was overpriced, that means it was perfectly acceptable for sony to overprice theirs? lol
I wonder why sony just sold off their computer business? and soon their tv business as well? maybe b/c they overpriced their products and hardly anyone bought them?

texterted

Feb 14, 2014
I've got a tablet z and it's the best one I've owned, I just hope the z2 brings a good kitkat rom as everything for the Z after the original 4.1.2 has been ****e!

Let's face it anything without Apple has to be f=good anyway, I'd pay a premium just to avoid it.

Last edited:

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
I don't think 500 bucks for a premium device is too much. Sometimes, and with some companies, they are too overpriced, but you pay for what you get.

The iPhone, for example, is a bit overpriced, but it is what you get: A premium device.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

ImAnurag

Aug 10, 2011
New Delhi
GizmoBolt.com
Google Pixel 2 XL
I've got a tablet z and it's the best one I've owned, I just hope the z2 brings a good kitkat rom as everything for the Z after the original 4.1.2 has been ****e!

Let's face it anything without Apple has to be f=good anyway, I'd pay a premium just to avoid it.

Sony D6503 Aka Sirius and Xperia Z2 Tablet currently both are running 17.1.A.0.XXX KitKat firmware and same features will come on Z2 Tablet hopefully which we saw in D6503 firmware leak ;)

negrobembon

Jul 17, 2011
panamá
It looks cool but i might skip it as i just bought the tablet z 3 months ago and the Z2 doesn't seem to be THAT much of an impovement

But i do hope we get kit kat with all the features on the tablet Z

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
But is the IPS good a triluminos display ? As they both am LCD if i am not mistaken ?

IPS is a LCD type. Triluminos is a LCD modification. Something to do with quantum dots and white backlight replaced by a blue one. It adds more colors to the range that LCD generally supports.

IPS and Triluminos can coexist. Such as with the Z1 Compact and Z Ultra, for example.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Reactions: N1NJATH3ORY

bklm1234

Jul 13, 2010
I like the specs. 1920x1200 is actually my preference. I got a Asus TF701 which has 2592х1944 resolution. I don't see added benefits really. My movies are at most 1080 anyway. The higher resolution drains the battery more and slows the device down. I like the light weight and thinness even at the expense of the battery capacity. I don't mind charging more frequently to exchange for light weight. My TF701 makes me wrist sore. Having Kitkat is an added bonus. Even Sony decided not to do any Android upgrade, I'd be happy. Kitkat made my $160 Chinese 8.9" iFive X2 tablet fly as compared to the previous JB 4.2.2 firmware. I totally can be happy enough with Kitkat only.

If it's $500 or less, I'll order it as soon as it comes out.

N1NJATH3ORY

Aug 16, 2010
I like the specs. 1920x1200 is actually my preference. I got a Asus TF701 which has 2592х1944 resolution. I don't see added benefits really. My movies are at most 1080 anyway. The higher resolution drains the battery more and slows the device down. I like the light weight and thinness even at the expense of the battery capacity. I don't mind charging more frequently to exchange for light weight. My TF701 makes me wrist sore. Having Kitkat is an added bonus. Even Sony decided not to do any Android upgrade, I'd be happy. Kitkat made my $160 Chinese 8.9" iFive X2 tablet fly as compared to the previous JB 4.2.2 firmware. I totally can be happy enough with Kitkat only.

If it's $500 or less, I'll order it as soon as it comes out.

The added benefits of higher display panels is that they are easier on the eyes :) Especially if you am into reading books or PDF that's where the extra pixels shine :)

Mr Paul

Apr 21, 2011
Very disappointed with the screen resolution, needs to be higher for a premium tablet.

Will skip this one :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xperia Z2 Tablet / Sony SGP521 Castor Tab coming soon ;)

As per @Evleaks, Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Specifications are like this, it will feature Snapdragon 800 SoC 2.3 GHz quad core processor, 10.1" screen display with 1920x1200 resolution Triluminos for Mobile, 3GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage with external SD card slot, 8MP Rear cam and 2 MP front cam, 6000mAh battery, 6.4mm slim almost equal to Xperia Z Ultra, IP waterproof ratings and running android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware.

Via - http://www.xperiaguide.com/2014/02/17/sony-xperia-z2-tablet-specifications-leaked-s800-10-1-hd-screen-3gb-ram-16gb-internal-storage-6000mah-battery-8mp-rear-cam/

Sony-Xperia-Tablet-Z2-Specifications.png

[ UPDATE - 18 Feb ] New Press Renders of Xperia Z2 Tablet and Pics have been leaked.

Xperia-Z2-Tablet-Press-Render-Pic.png

New Xperia Z2 Tablet press render pics and specifications have been leaked by @GadgetLeaks, stating Xperia Z2 Tablet weighs 426 grams for Wi-Fi version and 439 grams for LTE model. Exact dimension of Xperia Z2 Tablet is 266 x 172 x 6.4 mm.

Xperia-Z2-Tablet-Leaked-Pics.jpg

Xperia-Z2-Tablet-Leaked-Press-Renders.jpg

Xperia-Z2-Tablet-White-Pic-Leaked.jpg

Xperia-Z2-Tablet-Leaked.jpg

Xperia-Z2-Tablet-Waterproof-IP-ratings.jpg

via - http://www.xperiaguide.com/2014/02/18/xperia-z2-tablet-press-render-pics-leaked/
    It's here! Ask away if you have any questions
    I think he's gonna skip it because the real world advantages over the original tablet Z are minimal

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Which is basically true for every phone and tablet release for the last year or so in most situations.

Excluding a few that lagged behind in screen resolution(Samsung's Galaxy Note series for example), generally all tablets now are "fast enough" and the screen resolutions are "high enough".

Yes, higher than 1920x1200 could be a visual plus. But I'm sure Sony probably realized that for most people, it's more than high enough(I honestly can't tell the difference in quality compared to the new Galaxy Note's or even against a Nexus 10) and the cost increase it'd push would be more than what the market would bear for the device.

Much of the premium cost associated with this line is the form factor(materials used, thin/light build, water resistance) which actually drives up cost quite a bit compared to other performance oriented functions.

Most models are no longer going to be such a jump in capabilities that it demands a yearly cyclical upgrade path. I'm guessing closer to 2-3 years from here on out. Battery life is about the only remaining area where huge advancements are still necessary, but for most, the devices have reached an adequate level of performance(some users may still demand more and be willing to pay for incremental increases).

It's a reasonable jump. If it's thinner, lighter, faster and possibly a little more efficient on a similar sized battery, that's a big advancement. Plus the screen should be a bit improved in color reproduction as well.

I'm still very satisfied with my original Tablet Z, so I don't feel the need to shell out cash for an upgrade yet. Maybe in a year or so.
    But is the IPS good a triluminos display ? As they both am LCD if i am not mistaken ?

IPS is a LCD type. Triluminos is a LCD modification. Something to do with quantum dots and white backlight replaced by a blue one. It adds more colors to the range that LCD generally supports.

IPS and Triluminos can coexist. Such as with the Z1 Compact and Z Ultra, for example.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk
    Nice! Can you do some benchmarks (Antutu perhaps) and check for micro-freezes? Thanks.

Here in Finland delivery date is still early April.

Micro lags with the Xperia Live Wallpaper. Smooth as butter with a static wallpaper.

AnTuTo: 34492, Quadrant: 17335.