[ROM][PORT][4.2.1] JellyBam Nightlies [AOKP.CM10.1][01/10]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

IconRunner

Feb 26, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Because I'm an impatient asshole I went ahead and ported the 11/7/2012 version for those of us who like to live on the bleeding edge.

ONLY SIYAH KERNEL WORKS, LEAVE IT AS DEFAULT.

Note: For some reason this version links the old Android Search to the Search softkey. You can remap it to Google Now Voice Search by longpressing. Looks like disabling "Search", rebinding the search key to Google Now and rebooting fixes the problem though. (Granted, I did not do a clean install, I used upgrade method instead.) Also doesn't seem to be a 4.2 Camera, we probably all have the 4.2 full zip file anyway so go ahead and flash that after the ROM to add it back in.

EDIT: After further review it seems all the gliches worked themselves out over a reboot or two. Everything is working fine now. Dunno what was up with the old search and gingerbread stuff but haven't seen any of it since installing the ICS Fixer theme.

JellyBam i777 11-7-12 IconRunner

Host file has been modified to block ads.
As always, make a backup and flash at your own risk.

Last edited:

Aeltar

Jun 16, 2011
This looks really promising...a shame I have to full boot coming from PA. Oh well, giving it a try anyway.

reggaeboii

Nov 7, 2012
is there anyway for me to get my sms/messaging app to look like the one on stock ics form Samsung?? is the like a theme or apk i could use? i am new to this and have been searching for it all day with no avail.

Carlos_68

Nov 8, 2012
Non working STK menu

Hello,

i trying this ROM on my SGS2 i9100. Works great but i have problem with using STK menu (menu for switching SIM cards). I am using SIM cards switcher. On factory android 2.3.6 was no problem with using this. But now when i open STK menu Phone is freeze and i need restart. Can someone help please?

Thank you

Aeltar

Jun 16, 2011
Holy crap.

I am blown away.

I am a customization junkie, and until now, PA was the best choice for me - I was missing out on a lot AOKP has to offer, but it was worth it for the Paranoid Settings stuff.

This ROM has everything.

CM10, AOKP, and Paranoid settings, all in one. Very little redundancy - things like the notification widgets are obviously in from both sources, but that's so you can choose which you like better (for me, CM10 - the auto-spacing and -sizing are more my taste).

This is amazing.

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

Hello,

i trying this ROM on my SGS2 i9100. Works great but i have problem with using STK menu (menu for switching SIM cards). I am using SIM cards switcher. On factory android 2.3.6 was no problem with using this. But now when i open STK menu Phone is freeze and i need restart. Can someone help please?

Thank you

You're in the wrong board. Go to the i9100 board - we only support our phone, the i777 (which is the AT&T version of the GS2).

dandrumheller

Jul 10, 2010
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
Was digging around in settings this morning (I'm on MLaws 11/4 port) and happened to notice there are no options for custom auto-brighness levels in menu>settings>display>automatic backlight. The other usual suspects are there (filters, screen dim level, allow light decrease, etc.) but no option for "edit other levels".

Can anyone confirm those settings aren't included? Did I miss them somewhere else?

@IconRunner, are they there in your 11/7 port?

jcomana

Dec 31, 2011
Maracaibo
Several options to customize the phone. Only one problem in my phone. Camera is has a problem and dump me from the app. I restarted a couple time and still keep the bug, and prefer wipe and to test RR 3.1.2 its look great.

If someone has the same bug, please let me know. If not, I should made a full and deep wipe to my phone.

Cheers

Last edited:

dandrumheller

Jul 10, 2010
Because I'm an impatient asshole I went ahead and ported the 11/7/2012 version for those of us who like to live on the bleeding edge.

ONLY SIYAH KERNEL WORKS, LEAVE IT AS DEFAULT.

Note: For some reason this version links the old Android Search to the Search softkey. You can remap it to Google Now Voice Search by longpressing. Looks like disabling "Search", rebinding the search key to Google Now and rebooting fixes the problem though. (Granted, I did not do a clean install, I used upgrade method instead.) Also doesn't seem to be a 4.2 Camera, we probably all have the 4.2 full zip file anyway so go ahead and flash that after the ROM to add it back in.

EDIT: After further review it seems all the gliches worked themselves out over a reboot or two. Everything is working fine now. Dunno what was up with the old search and gingerbread stuff but haven't seen any of it since installing the ICS Fixer theme.

JellyBam i777 11-7-12 IconRunner

Host file has been modified to block ads.
As always, make a backup and flash at your own risk.

Flashed yours over 11/4 MLaws release with cache/dalvik wipe. Seems to be working correctly, except that I can't get GNow to bind to the search key using the steps you posted. Gonna recharge and try a full wipe install in a little bit to see if that makes a difference.

Also, contrary to what was reported a few posts ago, there is still no "edit custom levels" option in the custom auto brightness menu. I'm assuming that is by design of the original source ROM.

Thanks again to yourself (IconRunner) and MLaws for keeping this going and on the bleeding edge - I'm very much a fan of this ROM.

moore808

Mar 12, 2011
Georgia
Flashed yours over 11/4 MLaws release with cache/dalvik wipe. Seems to be working correctly, except that I can't get GNow to bind to the search key using the steps you posted. Gonna recharge and try a full wipe install in a little bit to see if that makes a difference.

You have to disable the search app. I did that and mine works like it should now.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Reactions: dandrumheller

dandrumheller

Jul 10, 2010
You have to disable the search app. I did that and mine works like it should now.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Yep, disabling the old Search app rebinds to Google Now, puts everything back to normal.

Lulz...just did the clean install, messed around and figured that out on my own...shoulda just held off and waited for you guys to post. :laugh: The replies are much appreciated.

Not quite sure why it wasn't working for me before - I'm quite certain I had search disabled on the previous attempt...I must have screwed something up though. All good now, anyway. And glad to have multi-tap options on weather/clock/date back!

Califoryan

Sep 21, 2011
I think I've tried all the releases from this thread. I've even done a clean install, but I still can't get the stupid 4.2 camera and sphere to work. Any ideas? I think I did the OP's first, then update with Icon's (always had good luck with yours) then did a fresh install from the second one me thinks. Been a long day. :(

Sent from my befuddled SGH-I777 using xda premium

IconRunner

Feb 26, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I think I've tried all the releases from this thread. I've even done a clean install, but I still can't get the stupid 4.2 camera and sphere to work. Any ideas? I think I did the OP's first, then update with Icon's (always had good luck with yours) then did a fresh install from the second one me thinks. Been a long day. :(

Sent from my befuddled SGH-I777 using xda premium

Flash this and you'll be good to go. The i9100 version I ported had some of the early release gapps that had some problems. Best off flashing this after every ROM from now until we have a full 4.2 version working.

corruptsoul

Oct 22, 2011
Has anyone else noticed with the 4.2 camera, that video recording does not work? Everyone must be too busy with photosphere to notice :p
Also. No NFC support in this rom? Flashing the NFC enabler zip provided in another thread also doesn't help.

dandrumheller

Jul 10, 2010
Has anyone else noticed with the 4.2 camera, that video recording does not work? Everyone must be too busy with photosphere to notice :p
Also. No NFC support in this rom? Flashing the NFC enabler zip provided in another thread also doesn't help.

Yep...afaik all versions of the 4.2 camera/gallery have broken video, at least on i777. Some I've tried actually record, but all I got were a bunch of colored lines. Most just won't record.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated to Nightlies
    Message from iGio90 : For everyone that is flashaolic and want a more stable rom i'm gonna build nightly build with only frameworks and without all the aroma things that are generally causing problem. You can flash the nightly as well as the full JellyBam pack but you will have to flash gapps and any other mods you want. downloaded app ecc will not be removed or modified.!!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

None of this is mine, I used Flashaholics to hellraise JellyBam for the i9100. I did not develop this ROM so I can not provide support for it. Thanks to iGio90 for permission to port this rom.

Welcome to JellyBam

Why choose JellyBam? A developer can say whatever he want about his ROM (Ex. that his ROM is the best in the world) but what about hearing what are people saying about JellyBam?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

zko09h.png

- Built from source -
    - Overall features of AOKP, CM10 and PARANOID -
    - Custom JellyBam Settings with preferences -
    - Tons of customizations -
    - Themes and Mods in JellyBam style -
    - Aroma installer -
    - Latest CM10/AOKP Kernel compiled from sources -
    - Latest Siyah kernel -
    - Google apps included (Installable via aroma) -
    - New Mali driver -
    - Exynos HWComposer -
    - Lockscreen with x8 Custom app targets -
    - New optimus 4x circle lockscreen -
    - Ability to customize color and alpha of the optimus lockscreen -
    - KeyBoard from 4.2 -
    - Clock from android 4.2 -
    - Google play music from android 4.2 -
    - Sony Walkman music player -
    - Bravia Engine libraries -
    - Bravia XLoud audio libraries -
    - Paranoid Android settings -
    - Per-App-DPI Changer -
    - Per-App-Color -
    - Custom home action and hardware button in lockscreen -
    - Quick/Long click on weather and clock actions -
    - JellyBam Panel in settings app -
    - AOKP and CyanogenMod Settings -
    - Mass storage mode -
    - OTA Update via UpdateMe App -
    - You can keep your ROM up to date with latest Tweaks, Mods, Themes via UpdateMe app -
    - GAPPS included, no need to flash anything else -
    - Gallery support picasa share -
    - Apollo Music Player (Themed) -
    - Album app from sony xperia -
    - Quick SMS -
    - AwesomBeats Lib -
    - A good combination of stability and performance (Thanks Siyah Kernel + Personal mod) -
    - Bluetooth hacked for send / receive APK -
    - YouTube hacked with 3G+WiFi HD 720p PlayBack -
    - Init.d scripts -
    - JellyBOOM script -
    - Media quality tweak -
    - 3G and GPS Tweak -
    - RAM Optimization + Multitasking -
    - SmoothScrolling tweak -
    - V6 Supercharger included -
    - lot of Themes available in UpdateMe -
    - TouchWiz 5 Launcher -
    - Trebuchet Launcher -
    -*Beats Audio by Dr Dre*(Powerfull bass) -
    - Clearbass Sound by Sony*(Clear Bass) -
    - Xloud by SonyEricsson*(higher sound volume and clearer sound on speaker) -
    - Dolby Digital Sound*(Equalizer enhancer bass setting and Surround setting) -
    - Surround Sound*(Deeper bass and reduction of bass distortion plus Eq setting support) -
    - JellyBam custom Bootanimation by metallaxis -
    - Center Clock/No clock/Right Clock -
    -Volume Panel (Volume Rocker allows you to change ALL volume levels in one Menu) -
    - Lockscreen Weather -
    - Lockscreen Vibration on/off toggle -
    - Performance/Color Settings -
    - Brightness Control Slider -
    - Multilang -
    - JellyBam Style -
    - Much more! Check it by yourself! -

- All the amazing features of CM10, PARANOID AND AOKP ALL TOGETHER-
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

screenshot2.png

16ljpkn.png

How to install (If you are coming from another ROM):​

- Download the ROM -
    - Copy the zip file to your SD/Internal card -
    - Enter recovery mode -
    - Wipe data/cache (only if you are coming from a different rom, Updating my rom doesn't need a factory reset) -
    - Flash the zip -
    - Enjoy -​
    How to install (If you are updating the ROM):​

- Download the ROM -
    - Copy the zip file to your SD/Internal card -
    - Enter recovery mode -
    - Flash the zip without wiping nothing! -
    - Enjoy -

Bugs:​

- CM10.1, AOKP 4.2.1 bugs -

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donors:
    Malavan, Jefetsin, Giamma93, Mcfly13, Pedro Junior, Apfelali, Kris.Bochenek, Gennaro.Toro, Michele.Fabiano, temcnicholas, wicked245, Meirik, follettoverde, madscout, roelmeirik, sirnasalvo, Daniel Rebelo, Peter Tyrrell, matteo_stuppi, yufenn, lalopel75, mogcaa.ly, orit.ophir, zolom, pavchudiak, rsalvadori72, n2nin, brianreid1, jaredleitch, aninim, mattefin, piergiorgiorighi, timagregory, Makejo_D, danaimou, lokicoon, volshebnyi, danaimou, yungchie, flmunich, razorbac, d002901, hannagilmer, emanuele.pisano, dereks.haynes, auktions, bahrosuz, rtunru, danalive, djdenman, dereks.haynes, mozabhier, h__g, volshebnyi, luigicozzi.ch, dogzbollox, michael_saberhagen, bknez, kostas_8, ryggen, jaredleitch, jibreil, aguynameddean, e2zippo, peter.skala8, rivapiermario, maccyp, abrujin, lucianomarinai, kboris52, funatkill, rwaempires, sf4vol, pbrouwer, arcdemise, volshebnyi, lindovfr, heldmar

*Standard JellyBam Packages do contain all the Aroma Options*

*Nightlies are no longer Aroma Packages, this is for stability*

Gapps: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

iGio90 (Rom Dev) - Bliss_ (Art and graphics)
    TeamHacksung (CM10)
    AOKP Team (AOKP)
    Paranoid Android Team
    bluefa1con (part of the framework of his P.A.C ROM)
    TayyabKhalid97, Wis1152, Ricardo_ls, Uppon2, LuigiMak, Malo2000, LegendM, Lokicoon (Contributors)
    Justin860 (Inverted Gapps + Themes)
    GokhanMoral (Siyah Kernel)

DO NOT USE UPDATEME FOR ROM UPDATES ON THESE PORTS, IT WILL PROVIDE I9100 ROMS.
    The 12-15 Build is up: http://goo.im/devs/mlaws90/i777/JellyBam

I will be keeping my Ports more up-to-date from now on :)
    NEW VERSION UPLOADED!

December 3, 2012

JellyBam i777 1.2.0 IconRunner.zip

Lots of good news this version. I've got UpdateMe working 100% now. Push notifications, Version notifications, the whole 9 yards. It's a ton easier to work with using a FTP server :)

TAKE NOTE: Apparently you need to open the UpdateMe app once to "register" it with the push service. As of right now, only 28 of the 300+ users running this ROM are registered so the push stuff only works for you guys.

Next big milestone (for me at least) was that I finally got 4.2 Gapps integrated into Aroma! No more flashing dual zip files! (I put the latest 4.2 keyboard in there too, not that ugly one with the "glowing" suggestions.)

Currently I've set 4.2 Gapps to install by default, if there is an objection to this I can always turn it off in the next version. I don't know how many of you use this, just guessing that the majority do.

Also it seems that the JellyBam dev team made some battery life modifications to this version. If you are having battery trouble on the previous versions, try updating and see if that helps. And remember that you need to let the ROM "settle" for about a day after flashing before making any judgments on battery performance.

JB_GAPPS_4.2_Full.zip (Obsolete as of version 1.2.0.)

Hosts file has been changed to block ads.

Enjoy!

Code:
    Changelog v1.2.0
    project android_frameworks_base:
    * Add a version of Environment.getExternalStorageState which accepts a path parameter
    * Longpress hardware key actions in PasswordUnlockScreen
    * Added Synchronization block to avoid Race condition
    * libaudioeffect_jni: GREF leak fix for JB
    * Avoid memory leaks when handling metadata strings
    * exynos4: fixes, support for opensource HWC/gralloc

project android_hardware_qcom_display:
    * Synchronize EventThread, and hwcVsyncThread
    * Add floating pipe support for 4 layer MDP Composition
    * Extend MDP Composition to support upto 4 layers

project android_device_samsung_galaxys2-common:
    * Opensource audio HAL from Replicant

project android_hardware_samsung;
    * hwcomposer: Update to API 0.3 (implement vsync)
    * gralloc: Update to work with jellybean

project android_kernel_samsung_smdk4210:
    * Enable sysfs vsync
    * Notify userspace of vsync using sysfs

project packages_apps_Settings:
    * Updated italian translation
    * Added hungarian translations for bluetooth_mas_* settings
    * Remove non-existing strings
    * Fix Greek translation
    * updated finnish translations

project packages_apps_jellybam_papers:
    * Added JellyBam wallpaper 06 by Bliss

project packages_apps_Mms (Stock themed)
    * Messaging: Prevent the light from being dismissed when a QM Popup wakes the device

project packages_apps_Trebuchet:
    * update pt-pt translations
    * Fix Trebuchet crashes when searchbar disabled

project jellybam:
    * Dorimanx kernel updated t v7.27
    * Updated inverted Mms app
    * Camera FCs after 3/4 pics should now be fixed (Waiting feedback)
    * Mali drivers and vsync modules updated (Let’s see if the battery drain is reduced)
    * New OpenSource HWComposer from android 4.2.1
    * New OpenSource Gralloc from android 4.2.1
    * New OpenSource LibAudio from android 4.2.1
    * CM10 kernels synced with the latest CyanogenMod sources now with stock vsync
    JellyBam 4.2.1 Nightly is coming... I am porting the 4.2.1 01-09 nightly as I type this. 4.0.0 DL links got pulls so something must have been wrong with it, I didn't DL before they were pulled, but they only have a 1 day build difference.
    Here is the 4.2 camera zip that works for most poeple.

Dev-Host - 4.2 Camera

and hosted by me:

Google Drive - 4.2 Camera

Or, the 4.2 keyboard(latest).

Dev-Host - 4.2 Keyboard

and hosted by me:

Google Drive - 4.2 Keyboard

Or a Camera and Keyboard in one zip.

Dev-Host - 4.2 Camera and Keyboard

and hosted by me:

Google Drive - 4.2 Camera and Keyboard

Also a 4.2 launcher apk.

Dev - Host - 4.2 Launcher

and hosted by me:

Google Drive - 4.2 Launcher

4.2 Gmail with pinch-to -zoom

Mediafire - 4.2 Gmail

and hosted by me:

Google Drive - 4.2 Gmail

Or a full 4.2 Transformation Pack:
    [TOOL][UPDATED 26/11]Android 4.2 Apps--AROMA Installer--[All in One] Stock & AOSP

OR

[UPDATED NOV11] AROMA Android 4.2 WALLET! Launcher + Wallpapers + Sounds Mega Thread

Enjoy!