What hardware issues are you experiencing?

What hardware issues are you experiencing?

• Light Bleed

Votes: 51 39.2%
  • Back Cover Flex

Votes: 23 17.7%
  • Warped Back

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • No issues here!

Votes: 68 52.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Evostance

Nov 27, 2008
www.greghesp.com
There seems to be a number of people raising certain hardware issue problems. I don't know about you, however I don't seem to have any issues at all here.

Current Issues

Light Bleed
Back Cover Flex
Warped Back
No issues here!

Vote in the poll!

Would be nice to know which possible batch you got yours from.
Did you order it on launch day or have you ordered it since it's come back into stock?
Which country have you ordered it from?
Have you had to RMA ones before?

Last edited:

eager27

Jul 20, 2012
I have no issues at all. There is a minor amount of light bleed around the bottom edge (landscape with camera at top)but this is no issue as it only affects the nav bar, and is totally invisible when set to lowest brightness setting where I tend to use the tablet . I love this thing.

tofo17

Jan 5, 2012
Minor light bleed in lower right like everyone else, which I wouldn't have noticed if not for reading the forums!

My LED is not working, our art last I can't make it work. Doesn't really bother me as in my previous tablet (a BlackBerry playbook) I turned out off anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

hughlle

Nov 18, 2012
Nothing at all :) there could possibly be light bleed, but I have not dine a test, I am just using it and in terms if uses, there is nothing noticeable :)

Some of these are not a hardware issue but a chassis issue. Hardware is the components inside the tablet.

So far as I'm concerned, hardware is anything physical, so to me the chassis falls under this. Hardware is physical components, software is well, software.

Last edited:

tcb4

Dec 25, 2011
Alright I ordered another one due to some light bleed that is visible on almost all automatic brightness levels. I sure hope I don't get one that's worse. charging cable I got doesn't work either so that also pushed me to RMA it.

Underworld79

Sep 15, 2012
Berkeley
Sometimes when holding the Nexus 10 with one hand on either side, I frightening notice the side speakers slightly detach. I only noticed this three times before I promptly adjusted the way I hold it till I get a case with sufficient protection.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

dairymasta

Aug 6, 2010
Light bleed. And not a hardware issue but a lot of freezing....

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

ChrisK15

Sep 10, 2010
I haven't seen anyone else mention this anywhere, but the backlight makes a really annoying high-pitched whine whenever it's turned on, and the pitch/tone changes with brightness. From what I've read it could be a choke coil squealing but I didn't think something like this would have them large enough to make noise.

tcb4

Dec 25, 2011
I haven't seen anyone else mention this anywhere, but the backlight makes a really annoying high-pitched whine whenever it's turned on, and the pitch/tone changes with brightness. From what I've read it could be a choke coil squealing but I didn't think something like this would have them large enough to make noise.
I maxed out my brightness and I couldn't hear a thing, however I did notice that my plasma makes a high pitched whine.

xIC-MACIx

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
Multi touch all good here when using the app that was posted; tried several different touches to be sure.

Light bleed in the bottom right, pretty minor though. Everything else is solid & working though.

As for the back strip flexing, The clips that keep it secured are tiny, so it doesn't surprise me that that is an issue for some... makes me wonder how things will go once the covers that swap out the back strip are released...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

Pasmaaaan

Jan 2, 2012
Light bleed, but the most annoying one is that the front and back camera both are not working. Doesnt anyone else have this problem?

Reactions: dexterxda

tcrews

May 4, 2010
android.snkbitten.com
I guess I got extremely lucky. Ordered the minute it first become available (Tuesday, delivered Friday) and zero issues.

No reboots, freezes, laggieness, light bleed, back flex, dust, etc..... nothing, everything has been great.

Not usually this lucky....so I am extremely pleased :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Light bleed, but the most annoying one is that the front and back camera both are not working. Doesnt anyone else have this problem?
    Static noise from headphones

I can hear faint static noise through my headphones or earphones. This only happens while the USB charging cable is plugged in and the tablet is 100% charged. The static noise seems to get louder when I touch the touchscreen. If I unplug the USB charging cable, then the noise goes away. If the battery is less than 100% charged and the USB cable is connected, then I don't hear the noise. . I am using OEM adapter charger and USB cable that come with my Nexus 10. Does anyone experience the same problem?
    I've uploaded a video with the brightness related noise. In case of this problem I've requested RMA. I hope the next one will be better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OPzRl0iGNM
    freeze/reboot

I have had mine for about a month and it just started the freeze/reboot problem. The thing is that I have been able to isolate the problem and can recreate it as well and I think it has to do with how the nexus 10 handles a signal loss (wifi) or maybe even just data loss.
    The first problem occurred with a couple tabs open/reloading (in chrome) and I walked into an area with very low to no wifi signal (concrete walls) as the nexus lost the signal, it was right in the middle of loading a page. It froze solid and did not respond to screen input (no acknowledgement sound even). Within a minute the Nexus 10 rebooted with a power on boot (did not use power button)
    I have been able to recreate this error by powering down my wifi router while reloading pages using Chrome. As long as it is loading wifi data when the signal is lost, it does the freeze up and reboot thing. I believe one time the signal came back and the nexus recovered from the freeze and did not reboot when the expected signal recovered.
    In case others want to test it out as well.. Maybe check if it is data as well and not just wifi loss that causes the freeze/reboot?
    Mine is from the first shipment (received 4 xmas), completely stock running 4.2.1 and tested with stock chrome (not beta). The error occurred using 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz wifi