287 posts
Thanks Meter: 159

By Kuchar09, Senior Member on 23rd January 2013, 03:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th April 2015, 05:26 PM |#491  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Timur's USB Host kernel
Hi, I am also trying to locate Timur's USB Host kernel for my N7 orig. It seems like the link has expired.
Does anyone have a copy they could post please?

23rd April 2015, 04:55 PM |#492  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc0

Hi, I am also trying to locate Timur's USB Host kernel for my N7 orig. It seems like the link has expired.
Does anyone have a copy they could post please?

I have it hosted on mediafire. When I get home I can give you the link. Someone asked me for it on my YouTube video the other day. I didn't even realize he took the ROM down for the original n7
The Following User Says Thank You to itspeat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift itspeat Ad-Free
8th May 2015, 12:12 AM |#493  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itspeat

I have it hosted on mediafire. When I get home I can give you the link. Someone asked me for it on my YouTube video the other day. I didn't even realize he took the ROM down for the original n7

I need timur's for nexus 7 2013 model. the newest one. anyone have it? all the links I have found are dead or removed
8th May 2015, 01:52 AM |#494  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Timur now charges for his 2013 ROM.
28th July 2015, 09:20 AM |#495  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello
What about to install my Nexus 7 2012 inside Zafira A 2000y diesel? Car never had din 2 version as far i know . Does someone trying to cut radio entry to make it bigger ? And buying a tablet mount frame from another car with din 2 ?Does it have chance to looking good ?

16th October 2015, 10:06 PM |#496  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Hi guys! @Kuchar09 congratulations! Just a question where did you take the remote signal to the amp to turn it on and off? Usual the wire is connected to the head unit. Thanks.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 utilizzando Tapatalk
10th March 2016, 07:00 PM |#497  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuchar09

Just wanted to show my car install that I've been messing with for some time now. My car install includes a USB DAC, flash drive, webcam, DVB-T for FM stations and a Joycon for steering wheel controls. All of these are connected to 2 USB Hubs that are externally powered.

I have the webcam mounted for my backup cam but am having some problems with it in the daylight so I might ditch it if I can't figure out a solution.

As far as reliability I drove 9 hours back to college with no freezes or hiccups. Since I made my hub externally powered the tablet get enough power to stay fully charged over long trips while using gps and screen brightness on full, but I should not have any problems with it staying charged with Timurs new USBROM that can enable fast charging.

I also have a few hidden buttons in my center console for the 3 tablet buttons and also a charge button to charge the tablet even when the car is off if the battery get low, for example its been below zero for the past week so my battery is probably extremely due to the extreme temperatures. I normally only lose 1-2% over night but since I haven't been driving my car these past couple of days I have lost ~20% in a 24hr period from the -10 degree temperatures we have had, which is when im glad i added a charge button so it can charge while i'm in the store or class or something.

Oh and for GPS and wifi antenna I ended up mounting above the headliner on the passenger side and ran wires to the connectors.

I'm currently using
-Timurs USBROM with kernel built in Link
-Power Amp
-mediaU to stream local radio stations
-Copilot
-Apex Launcher
-GMD Gesture Control
-Tasker
-Tablet Talk
-SDR Touch
-Probably others that I am forgetting

Videos at the bottom of this post.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!!!
What do you guys think?

Parts List
-$39.00 Joycon EX Steering Wheel Control PC Interface

-$55.00 FiiO E10 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier

-$180.00 A new Amp and Speakers to replace my factory bose

-$37.00 64GB Flash Drive for all my music

-$10.00 OTG Y Charge Cable

-$7.50 One of my USB HUBs

-$27.00 Amp wiring kit

-$10.00 Speaker wire

-$24.00 Digital to Analog Audio Converter

-$10.00 2 DC USB chargers for the HUBs

-$72.00 Trailblazer head unit wiring harness to keep onstar and door chimes

-$34.00 Mini Bluetooth keyboard

-$33.00 DVB-T Tuner

-$10.00 DVB-T Antenna

-$7.50 Another USB HUB

-$15.00 4 USB extensions to make USB HUB externally powered

-$21.00 3 10FT USB extensions

-$13.00 Wire to extend GPS and WIFI antennas

-$5.00 DC 2.1A USB charger

Total = $610

Of course you can do this for much cheaper, since a nice chunk of that went into audio equipment and extra accessories.

4 channel amp

Bracket I made to mount the tablet to. I added a fan to help keep the tablet cool along with some velcro to mount the tablet to my bracket.

Had to add some wires for the power, volume up and down buttons that I ran to the center console in case the tablet freezes or something. Also had to run wires to the back cover since the wifi and gps are basically stickers on the back cover which I just velcroed to the top of the stereo opening.

Mounted

RCA digital to analog converter

USB hub with my flash drive, steering wheel controls, backup cam (still working on) and also my usb DAC which is also in the pic

Poweramp

Movies

Installed

Wire diagram

All of this is mounted in my Trailblazer

Old thread I know, have/did you have any problems with Poweramp causing the Timur rom to reboot all the time on power up?
The Following User Says Thank You to nokmond For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nokmond Ad-Free
5th January 2017, 02:46 AM |#498  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I got my Nexus 7 with the latest Timur's kernel installed.. I got everything working except for my EasyCap.. I have verified it has the STK1160 chip and I can view it on my Windows 10 PC with VLC.. I've tried numerous apps on the Nexus and none of them work..

Any ideas what to try?

Thanks
22nd January 2017, 07:39 AM |#499  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Hi guys I have a nexus 7 2013 installed in the car. The sound in managed through the dac zuperdac and the amplifier Alpine ktp 445u. The tablet mounts the last MM stock rom with timur's kernel. Actually the sound is good but I would like to improve the quality so I thought to install viper4android 2.4.0.1 but unfortunately I couldn't make it work with the dac, but only through the speakers.
Now my question is: are there some good sound mod that are suitable for my system?
Thank you in advance

Inviato dal mio FRD-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)