Galaxy S4 MJ7 i545

Search This thread

lanegriffi

Feb 4, 2014
Can I do ANYTHING on this thing?

Apparently cynogen wont work on it because of the kernel, and if its MJ7 then I cant downgrade it?

Wtf do I do? I got this phone because I wanted to get cool roms and **** on it, but the thing is fully locked up.

What recovery do you guys recommend?

And what ROM will actually WORK with this thing?

Please help, im about to just return this phone...

Last edited:

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur

Apparently cynogen wont work on it because of the kernel, and if its MJ7 then I cant downgrade it?

Wtf do I do? I got this phone because I wanted to get cool roms and **** on it, but the thing is fully locked up.

Take 5 minutes and read some threads here

safestrap enabled hyperdrive powered

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma

Read this..
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606501
Everything you're wondering is in there for you with additional links.
Not a lot of options for you unfortunately. People who want to customize their phones.. Rooting...romming...etc should really check on here before actually buying a phone. Its not like it used to be I can tell you that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: decaturbob

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Read this..
Not a lot of options for you unfortunately. People who want to customize their phones.. Rooting...romming...etc should really check on here before actually buying a phone. Its not like it used to be I can tell you that.

Research is key. ...don't jump before you know where you going to land.

safestrap enabled hyperdrive powered

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I have the same exact phone and with Safestrap 3.71 installed I have some great roms (Foxhound, Echoe, Nemesis 1.5). While you cannot install a different kernel you can still mod these a lot. One advantage to safestrap is you can go back and forth with roms easily. Put in at least a 32gb micro card (64 gb would be better since these roms files are quite large). You can still have a lot of fun.

EnUfor

Feb 6, 2014
In the same boat as you. The most that you can do now is root and use Safestrap to install Hyperdrive or other supported roms. It doesn't seem like the bootloader for MJ7 will be unlocked anytime soon. It's a great shame that in the 4.3 update Verizon locked the bootloader.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Read this..