[ROM][d2lte][Official][4.4+]CandyKat Rom[8/29/14]

Search This thread

southernblonde

Dec 4, 2012
Myrtle Beach
Phone volume faint and speaker not working

Hi! I flashed CandyKat for the first time last week and I LOVE it! However, I can barely hear phone calls and the speaker is not working at all when I turn it on during a call. I noticed I had flashed a previous version. So this is my dumb question.....When I flash this newest version to have to do a total wipe again? Or just put the file on my phone and flash it? Thank you!!
Jennifer

mp3deviant721

Jan 4, 2013
Hi! I flashed CandyKat for the first time last week and I LOVE it! However, I can barely hear phone calls and the speaker is not working at all when I turn it on during a call. I noticed I had flashed a previous version. So this is my dumb question.....When I flash this newest version to have to do a total wipe again? Or just put the file on my phone and flash it? Thank you!!
Jennifer

Wipe cache and dalvik, dirty flash ROM and Gapps and you should be good to go. You don't necessarily have to wipe everything... If you run into any issues clean flash.

GS³: Carbonized, leanKernel'd, Philz'd
Put your Kitsune up!

southernblonde

Dec 4, 2012
Myrtle Beach
Wipe cache and dalvik, dirty flash ROM and Gapps and you should be good to go. You don't necessarily have to wipe everything... If you run into any issues clean flash.

Put your Kitsune up!

I flashed the newest rom and when it was booting up, it kept crashing - dialer stopped, phone stopped, etc. so I went back and factory reset and wiped the davlik cache and I got the same error messages. So I reflashed my previous rom CandyKat 1.3 and had no issues. What a pain is it to have to reinstall all my apps and settings though. Is anyone having issues? I want to stay away from wiping cache partition, right?

mp3deviant721

Jan 4, 2013
I flashed the newest rom and when it was booting up, it kept crashing - dialer stopped, phone stopped, etc. so I went back and factory reset and wiped the davlik cache and I got the same error messages. So I reflashed my previous rom CandyKat 1.3 and had no issues. What a pain is it to have to reinstall all my apps and settings though. Is anyone having issues? I want to stay away from wiping cache partition, right?

You can wipe cache. Try that first... It won't wipe your apps or app data.

You can also do an app backup with an app like Titanium Backup. That way you can restore your apps right after clean flashing...

Put your Kitsune up!

southernblonde

Dec 4, 2012
Myrtle Beach
You can wipe cache. Try that first... It won't wipe your apps or app data.

You can also do an app backup with an app like Titanium Backup. That way you can restore your apps right after clean flashing...

Put your Kitsune up!

I wiped the cache and installed the rom, gapps and a sweetener pack and then the wifi didn't work. It said to turn it on and I tried but it wasn't picking up any hotspots anywhere.

powerserge1

May 25, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I am having no issues with the latest. Yes you want to wipe your cache when installing from scratch. If u use titanium backup or my backup pro before installing a new rom restoring everything is very easy and saves a lot of time.

Here is the link to 1.5.8:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712463924

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: DMF1977

DMF1977

Jan 16, 2013
Somewhere in Indiana
Ok, bear with me, I'm kind of a newbie. Are you saying that after I flash the rom, I need to flash the kernel? After every new rom I flash, I will need to reflash this BMS kernel?

Yes and yes... Any custom kernel u may have on your phone will be overwritten with the "packaged" kernel that the ROM comes with if u reflash just the ROM...

Last edited:

s3lphctr1

Mar 6, 2013
Hazel Crest
Just flashed 1.5.8 so far so good. Had initial problem with WiFi during setup but a reboot and reconnect fixed it. Getting force crashes on candy shop, one during setup and a few during application downloading. No other problems as of yet. Will report back when I do some more testing.

*Edit*

After granting candy center super user access I've had no more fc's. Doing more testing now.

Last edited:
Reactions: DMF1977

gimmeitorilltell

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 6, 2012
Just flashed 1.5.8 so far so good. Had initial problem with WiFi during setup but a reboot and reconnect fixed it. Getting force crashes on candy shop, one during setup and a few during application downloading. No other problems as of yet. Will report back when I do some more testing.

*Edit*

After granting candy center super user access I've had no more fc's. Doing more testing now.

The candy center is a known issue as it is not 100% ready for the ota. It is a WIP and we were just giving users a taste of it before our big release coming up :)

southernblonde

Dec 4, 2012
Myrtle Beach
If u flashed the BMS kernel, and THEN reflashed the ROM, then u have the stock kernel that the ROM originally came with...

After I flashed 1.5.8, Wifi worked again. Then I rooted it and noticed CWM was gone. I reflashed CWM through Odin. I did get the candycenter stopped error message and a couple other processes had stopped. I don't even know if I have to have a newer kernel now since the Wifi worked with this newer version. Now.....the godawful google search bar is on my homescreen and the godawful gmail icon is on the lock screen which is the reason I got rid of Slimkat. These weren't on the earlier versions of Candykat I just got rid of, is there a setting to get rid of them?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    124koiu.jpg

This is CandyKat. Built straight from SlimRoms source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM.We aim to add more features as this project progresses. We have also come up with the Candy Sweetener Pack. This is an Aroma installer that is full of delicious treats. Inspired by the CandyShop thread on XDA it has everything from glow dots to halo mods.

Check us out on the web @The-Candy-Shophttp://the-candy-shop.co/

2u6zref.jpg

@matthew0776
    @mar5hal
    @gimmeitorilltell
    @BMP7777
    @CyberScopes
    @tattooboy
    @tr1gg3r84
    @rc420head
    @Flashalot
    @Venomtester
    @cannondaleV2000

v3ixj8.jpg

HERE

Features:
    • peek
    • Dark UI (Mms, Dialer, InCallUI, Non-Intrusive, Documents, Calendar, Contacts, DeskClock, SystemUI)
    • Candy Sweetener
    • Custom Candy Images
    • Battery LED Customization
    • Customizable Quick Settings tiles
    • Custom Battery Icons
    • LockScreen Targets/Widgets
    • Quick launch QuickSettings tiles from status bar
    • Center/Color Clock
    • Google ID Dialer
    • Non-Intrusive Dialer Option
    • Screen Record w/ Mic Support
    • DPI on the fly
    • Slim Recents
    • Slim PIE
    • Nav bar customization
    • LockScreen themes
    • CandyWrappers (CandyKat wallpapers)
    Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

Steps:
    • Download CandyKat.zip
    • Download Gapps (optional)
    • Place CandyKat.zip on phones memory or SD card
    • Boot into recovery (either twrp or cwm)
    • Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
    • Flash CandyKat.zip (and Gapps if desired)
    • Reboot and Enjoi

Changelog:
    Code:
    07/21
    *squashed slims quiet hours re write (credit to jubakuba)
    *merged in most of slims updates (we will do another update when its all it)

07/10
    *reverted non intrusive and brought back slims background calling
    *added Slims heads up feature
    *added battery bar
    *combined battery style with statusbar options

07/4
    *updated to android L drawables across a variety of the source
    *updated some more hover source compliments of aospa
    *added hover settings to candy interface (includes master switch, status bar icon visibility, display timeout etc)
    *some minor device commits across our supported device list
    *added support for moto g (falcon)

06/07
    *UPDATED to 4.4.3
    *added app circle 
    *added floating window in recents|notification drawer
    *added clock styles
    *added notification time header imgs [custom ones will be in next SP1 update]
    *added Shake sensitivity options [thanks slim]
    * status bat notifications
    * candy interface alphabetized
    phone additions 
    * added speaker phone answer option and flash notification answer call [thanks Slim]
    *removed HALO to make room for HOVER (when it's available)
    *added PEEK
    *added notification intervals for peek
    *added Shake events compliments of slim
    *squashed center clock overlay issue on incoming notifications
    *added all widgets on keyguard compliments of slim
    *added custom toast animations
    *completely rebased to SlimRom source (we like slim as a base as we like the direction they are going source wise)
    *has all the Slim features you've come to love (Slim quicksettings, PIE, Nav Bar Customization etc)
    *kept HALO
    *kept non-intrusive
    *kept Screen Recorder
    *added DPI on the fly
    *centralized Candy Interface
    *added CandyWrappers for wallpaper selections (this will be growing and changing as far as the preloaded wallpapers)
    *re did custom candykat version plat activity (thanks [user=4708843]@CyberScopes[/user])
    *this was a long process and i'm sure theirs more (feel free to let us know)
    04/05
    *fixed APN editor (force closes should be gone)
    *updated translations across the source
    *remove unnecessary switchUser call
    *update to boootanimation splash support
    *added Voice+ into Settings
    3/20
    *added non-intrusive
    *added google reverse lookup
    *added option to configure clock alignment and color(seperate candy interface menu. this will be updated to new candy settings going forward)
    *added screen recording capability
    *numerous cm updates. check their gerrit for more info
    *fully compatible dark candy for Mms, DeskClock, Calendar etc
    2/20
    *added option for lockscreen transparency
    *added option for lockscreen blur
    *enabled advanced reboot by default
    *lockscreen buttons options now found in one place
    *add left handed navigation bar option support for landscape mode
    *update default wallpaper device wide
    *fix delayed lockscreen sound
    *added multi window support
    *quicksetting tile customization accessable from statusbar
    *added ability to enable or disable halo from the halo settings
    *updates for multi window/halo support (when halo is enabled multi window will be disabled)
    2/4
    *initial release

290ugxf.jpg

Special thanks to CyanogenMod, SlimRoms, BeanStalk, AOKP and Paranoid Android for making their source open.
    Sources:

CandyShop
    CyanogenMod
    SlimRoms
    AOKP
    BeanStalk
    Paranoid Android

XDA:DevDB Information
    CandyKat, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III D2LTE

Contributors @Flashalot mar5hal, matthew0776
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: SlimRoms

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.5.8

Created 2014-08-17
    Last Updated 2014-08-17
    OP updated with the latest builds everyone.
    Refer to the OP for a changelog/feature list
    Enjoi​
    Guys I transferred this thread to @Flashalot so he will be handling this thread going forward. Stay tune for some updated candy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Thanks @mar5hal I plan on uploading the ROM for you guys when I have some time

Sent from my One S using Tapatalk
    Op Updated
    Enjoy

Big Derp on my part I had the Rom uploaded for a longtime lol I'll be syncing my candykat source for the most updated build
    *Note*
    Builds Are now D2lte so all U.S SGSlll Phones will be able to flash the Rom More Candy For All
    Op Updated also as the builds are unified you can go here to @gimmeitorilltell thread here Thank Him for the new builds :D