[App] [Root] LCDDensity (safe)

Search This thread

tmobilewinguser

Jul 14, 2007
nice the lcd density changer app didnt wanna work for my mytouch slide so i had my doubts about this one but it worked just fine using 140 and no probs:D

LBTaylor1984

Aug 22, 2005
London
works well on the Desire unlike the other app.
only thing i'm noticing is below 180 the statusbar goes see through and the drop down menu is no longer fitting the screen.

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
works well on the Desire unlike the other app.
only thing i'm noticing is below 180 the statusbar goes see through and the drop down menu is no longer fitting the screen.

Can you try the new lite version of LCD density changer on the market? solves also the scaling problems.

(guys please let me know if a app doesn't work.)

RossLH

Aug 9, 2010
MD
Seems to like sending my Droid (UD8) into a boot loop at higher densities. Right now I'm testing where that threshold is.

EDIT: 280 and 300 cause a boot loop. Checking lower numbers now....

EDIT 2: 120 to 260 run fine, but anything below 240 comes with various screen fitment issues. For instance, the lock screen slider doesn't extend all the way to the right of the screen, the dock is shifted to the left and sometimes missing buttons, and fonts start to get a little weird in the launcher. This is all in portrait, I'll give landscape a shot in a little while.

Last edited:

tmobilewinguser

Jul 14, 2007
Aha... thanks for letting me know now I can look at it :)

im so sorry it appears that the newest version of LCD Density Changer Lite does work for me i was using an older copy that could have been why i couldn't get it to work previously as far as being able to check and see if it sticks i wouldn't be able to let you know till i buy the full versions sorry again.

71baker

Apr 16, 2010
Working fine on HTC Wildfire with WildPuzzleROM.

Can't say it is much use on Wildfire though but it does work. Tried setting to 90 , 100 and 110. Original is 120.

talhamid

Jun 18, 2010
2 questions:
1) Is there any change to the Sense desktop, like a grid with more slots?
2) Any other Desire user finding problems with this?

luckyjay

Sep 16, 2010
Mostly OK on D2

So I just loaded this app of the market on my Droid 2. Settings >= 180 work flawlessly. Lower settings seem to cause scaling issues with various apps, the most obvious being the status bar (or whatever its called at the top of the screen). I'm going to leave it at 180 to see how it goes.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here video from app I'm developing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxD65fDYSGw

Idea is simple - change LCD density without modifying build.prop and almost on the fly.

Application will change LCD density in system, changes will not survive reboot (so if you have wrong settings, pull out battery or restart device and you are back to old settings). For now best way to change density is to reload Android software stack (it will seems like crash but it's intended to be this way).

Now available from Play
    chart
    It was quick and dirty test :) Released test version auto scale should work.

About "LCD Density Changer" - both programs differ in a way how changes are preserved. My program does not write anything on /system, so it's better for those who wants "high res" effect to be available quickly but not all the time (or those who use "LCD Density Changer" and wants to play some games that's not compatible with high resolutions :) ). "LCD Density Changer" saves edits to /system partition - for long term use.
    I know I know, but you must admit - effect is pretty the same :). It is not definitive in one case, which has its pros and cons.

Regardless how cool idea is, I have a problem with app - I installed it, opened it, choosed one option and... nothing. Tried it on 1.6 (official Donut for my country, rooted + busybox) and for Froyo (CM6), same issue :(.
    So I just loaded this app of the market on my Droid 2. Settings >= 180 work flawlessly. Lower settings seem to cause scaling issues with various apps, the most obvious being the status bar (or whatever its called at the top of the screen). I'm going to leave it at 180 to see how it goes.

Thanks!

I'm about the same on my X.

I see how this could be useful to add more rows to my homescreen, but is that the only benefit?
    OP or anyone else, can you explain why lower numbers produce higher resolution screens?

I would have thought as the density decreases, the resolution would get smaller, and text would get bigger, but the opposite seems to be true.
    You are changing "screen density" - You are saying "I have display with big pixels (small density), I need to display more information in one pixel". Or "I have display with small pixels (large density), so I can't read small texts. Please display less information in one pixel so I can actually read something"