FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Is this better than free?

Yes

53 Vote(s)
96.36%
No

2 Vote(s)
3.64%

[TOOL/SCRIPT/RC2]FreeXplain-r / freex-BETTER than free & Why "free" RAM ISN'T WASTED!

9,374 posts
Thanks Meter: 21,806

Post Reply Email Thread
29th May 2014, 01:05 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 264

More
@zeppelinrox
Using RC2. All ok!

I have lil suggestions, I dunno whether you like it?
1. To add a "real time monitoring" option to the tool ("watch" workaround doesn't look good, it takes time to redraw the whole screen).

2. To have something like a "background /proc/meminfo recording" option, so we can analyse the data later. I was thinking like this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52999513
And then "format" the data to make a graph (eg:changing of free mem/cache/buffers etc with time).. or at least creating csv file from that data so can make a graph in Excel or something..

Am I asking too much? you are the script master in xda . Anyway, thanks for your super works!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrhnet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrhnet Ad-Free
30th May 2014, 12:43 AM |#42  
OP Senior Member
Flag IN THE FREAKIN' OP

Donate to Me
More
Well thats an interesting idea.
Uber geeky indeed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zeppelinrox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zeppelinrox Ad-Free
2nd June 2014, 01:58 AM |#43  
OP Senior Member
Flag IN THE FREAKIN' OP

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhnet

@zeppelinrox
Using RC2. All ok!

I have lil suggestions, I dunno whether you like it?
1. To add a "real time monitoring" option to the tool ("watch" workaround doesn't look good, it takes time to redraw the whole screen).

2. To have something like a "background /proc/meminfo recording" option, so we can analyse the data later. I was thinking like this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52999513
And then "format" the data to make a graph (eg:changing of free mem/cache/buffers etc with time).. or at least creating csv file from that data so can make a graph in Excel or something..

Am I asking too much? you are the script master in xda . Anyway, thanks for your super works!

Hmm well creating an html file that loads a google chart should be possible.
For example... https://google-developers.appspot.co...lery/linechart

The only code that needs to be changed is the data.

At least that way I don't have to rely on a 3rd party binary.

Though I wonder what kind of time interval would be suitable or preferred by most.
The Following User Says Thank You to zeppelinrox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zeppelinrox Ad-Free
2nd June 2014, 03:38 AM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 264

More
Nice if time interval could be customizable.. Like possibility of changing the "watch -n [value]" as needed.. if that's the way you've planned..
8th July 2014, 05:49 PM |#45  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Thumbs up
Thanks for the Script.... Just a query...Do we need to run the script at every boot...or dose it run automatically? and is there any way to uninstall?
2nd August 2014, 03:35 PM |#46  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 359

More
I hope it's okay for me to respond.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsunil

Thanks for the Script.... Just a query...Do we need to run the script at every boot...or dose it run automatically? and is there any way to uninstall?

Just set the PATH in the terminal. It hint's you in the script when it first opens up. Check the pictures posted at the bottom in the OP. As far as deleting, my only guess would be manually if you have root.

@zeppelinrox

Still rocking this and working great.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)