Oreo on my PD

Search This thread

Sho-Bud

May 3, 2017
Sony Xperia 1 II
Finally Oreo was approved for installation. I used Firmware Finder to download and install it, it didn't show up yet when checking with system update. It's a large download, so it takes quite a while. The installation itself is just a few minutes. All settings are maintained and all seems to run well at the moment.

Last edited:

Sho-Bud

May 3, 2017
Sony Xperia 1 II
Most things are the same. The camera can now take 3D images. A few extra settings in portrait mode. More options for preventing apps to auto-start or running in the background. I like the touch-and-hold on the app icons. So far no problems detected.

Sho-Bud

May 3, 2017
Sony Xperia 1 II
GPS now uses several Gallileo satelites.
See attached image

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180126-143117.jpg
    Screenshot_20180126-143117.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 93

rowlie

Nov 30, 2006
Use firmware finder, instructions inside app. Watch the video on utube. It will take you through the steps

Two things, don't choose top update this is the full system, you want the second which is the update, secondly disconect the vpn when the download starts.

Only go down the this update route if you are clear on what you are doing. If things go wrong you could end up with a bricked phone.

What we are doing is cheating the system, now the update is on the server it will be available to all in a couple of weeks via the normal upadate process.

africa1

Jul 2, 2006
Port-Gentil
I'm in The Netherlands.
The build-number is LON-L29 8.0.0.360 (C721)
Dear Sho-Bund,

Finally, I controlled yesterday and the new ROM 8.0.0.360 accepted firmware access.
After downloading during reset, TWRP 3.0.2.2 prevents the procedure and after reboot system through TWRP.
Before updating, I relocked phone (fastboot mode; FRP is unlocked)
I have never rooted my phone. Very difficult on Android 7 plus I think after rooting, you cannot update a normal firmware only customs roms.
Harghhh !
before, I read we cannot uninstall twrp. A solution?
Rebranding procedure? the Funky Huawei is yhe alons solution for rebranding.
Or another solution?
Anyway, many thanks for your first reply and thanks if you can help.

Sho-Bud

May 3, 2017
Sony Xperia 1 II
Dear Sho-Bund,

Finally, I controlled yesterday and the new ROM 8.0.0.360 accepted firmware access.
After downloading during reset, TWRP 3.0.2.2 prevents the procedure and after reboot system through TWRP.
I have never rooted my phone. Very difficult on Android 7 plus I think after rooting, you cannot update a normal firmware only customs roms.
Harghhh !
Or another solution?

I'm sorry to hear of your problems. Personally I don't have any experience with TWRP. Everything is stock.

Mostar088

Dear Sho-Bund,

Harghhh !
Or another solution?
If i want to upgrade u need to be on Stock Recovery.
U can download your Firmware and use HuaweiUpdateExtractor and extract stock recovery from update.app then flash stock recovery by ADB.

Sent from my LON-L29 using XDA Labs

africa1

Jul 2, 2006
Port-Gentil
Dont have a guide, but download Multi-Tool and there is a guide on how to do it. I think your bootloader must be unlocked.
https://xdaforums.com/honor-8/development/tool-huawei-multi-tool-team-mt-t3523923

Sent from my LON-L29 using XDA Labs
Thanks for your link.
Basically, I know this tool but never worked with it.
So, today official OREO LON-L29 8.0.0.360 is setup on official update procedure.
I will see if phone will be reversed on stock ROM withouth blocked with TRWP.
Otherwise, I will proceed with multi tool 7.1.

arkamaxxx

Feb 12, 2016
hey all
i'm a new owner of a mate 9 porsche design, the design is awsome and the price too :)
i'm on oreo official now
but i did a benchlerk between it and my old normal mate 9 the potos i took with the mate 9 were better then thoese taken by the PD
is that normal?

Sho-Bud

May 3, 2017
Sony Xperia 1 II
I don't have a normal Mate 9 so I can't compare personally, but I've read a test in the past and it showed that the graphic benchmark was a bit lower, caused by the higher resolution of the PD. The benchmark of the Porsche Design is higher after I updated to Oreo.