TotalCare : Remote Security Tool| Anti-Theft | Spy App | Control Your Phone via SMS

Search This thread

LayZeeDK

Jan 6, 2010
Try installing the TC v1.0 from the market. Then, after restarting, Pressing the Home Button, you'll see TC in History Stack. Now, fill the settings. Now install TC2 and restart the device. The TC2 Version is installed with the previous setup and will work precisely.

Thanks for helping. I think after rebooting the setup appeared automatically (without installing TC1 first) :)

krish_puri

May 18, 2010
Hi Apurva! Are you still working on your pro version?

I would love to buy it if it has some sort of a stealth feature so that the user is not notified, or is not able to see the command message which I send to my device.

apurva.giri

Sep 28, 2010
www.boggartware.com
You dont need to buy it. I'm happy to distribute it for free...

Hi Apurva! Are you still working on your pro version?

I would love to buy it if it has some sort of a stealth feature so that the user is not notified, or is not able to see the command message which I send to my device.

User isn't notified about any incoming command message. You can try it yourself...
You don't need to buy it, its free...

Here the latest release : TotalCare 2.0(Market Version hasn't been updated yet).

nJoy!!!

zorglub08

Aug 6, 2008
Total Care 2.0 seems to work perfectly here on 2 phones, this is the anti-theft app I was looking for, simple to set up and to use. If only I installed this earlier...
I just have two simple suggestions:
- an option to disable the first sms when using GET GPS LOCATION
- an option to send the GPS coordinates as a single line without any other text in the form "latitude longitude" so that it can easily be copy/pasted in the Google Maps search box. Alternatively, and this would only benefit users with an Android "control" phone, is it possible to add a link to open Maps at the coordinates?
Of course the coordinates can be typed in any browser but when your cell phone was just stolen every second counts.

apurva.giri

Sep 28, 2010
www.boggartware.com
Well, thank you very much for the suggestions...

Total Care 2.0 seems to work perfectly here on 2 phones, this is the anti-theft app I was looking for, simple to set up and to use. If only I installed this earlier...
I just have two simple suggestions:
- an option to disable the first sms when using GET GPS LOCATION
- an option to send the GPS coordinates as a single line without any other text in the form "latitude longitude" so that it can easily be copy/pasted in the Google Maps search box. Alternatively, and this would only benefit users with an Android "control" phone, is it possible to add a link to open Maps at the coordinates?
Of course the coordinates can be typed in any browser but when your cell phone was just stolen every second counts.

Thank You for the compliments... :)
And about the option to disable GET GPS LOCATION, actually its automated.
If the software can't find the location within 10 minutes of the command issuing, the command will automatically get disabled...

And about the second opinion about latitude n longitude, actually I'm not into the development of the app for now... The company where i was receiving my training wanted me to do wat i did. I'll surely try to embed ur suggestion into d app though... :) :)

xiqueuba

Dec 9, 2005
Dear friend,is it possible to make a config form an administrator password for uninstall ?

Thanks in advance

rhenku

Jan 5, 2011
Medhant
SMS Code Show On my phone

Haii.. thax for app this very usefull for me.. at xperia x8 :) but when i try to instal on android 2.3 sms code not work and show in inbox.. i use xperia mini pro...

can u help me.. thax.. :)

apurva.giri

Sep 28, 2010
www.boggartware.com
Dear friend,is it possible to make a config form an administrator password for uninstall ?

Thanks in advance

Answer to this would be a big "NO". I wish i could implement it but then, Android do have its limitations... :rolleyes:

Haii.. thax for app this very usefull for me.. at xperia x8 :) but when i try to instal on android 2.3 sms code not work and show in inbox.. i use xperia mini pro...

can u help me.. thax.. :)

I'm really sorry but I don't have much resources anymore to develop and test the app on 2.3... I wish i could help though... :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TotalCare is back for few more days and want some more reviews. Thanks for such feedbacks but i would appreciate if you guys reply here so that others can share their opinions too...

Download before it vanishes again...

2yy7fpd.png

About the Application :-

The software basically is a hidden app that once installed and activated, runs a service at background which can't be stopped. The service will listen for SMS' from either of 2 control phones set during the activation procedure and will invoke methods accordingly. SMS commands are quite simple and is followed by a 5-Digit PIN Code which is set during the activation method. The software is free for testing purpose. Its still in beta state and we're quite sure its stable. We've tested the product several times on multiple devices without any failure or bug. We've tried using the latest API's of android so that it can be compatible with the latest devices. The software won't work below API Level 4 (Android 1.6). I haven't tested it on 1.6 either since I've only 2.1 available here. Please try it and let me know if it works.

The app can be used as a remote mobile management or anti-theft.

Very useful in certain situations, like if you drop your phone somewhere, you can find it using the location fetching features. Maybe you left your phone somewhere in silent mode, just send an sms to make it sound loud and find your phone. several such other features.

Battery / CPU consumption is almost null. Only single service runs all the time to detect the SMS'

For Installation and Support : TotalCare
    (nothin complicated, just install directly from market and restart your device)

Find it from android market or scan the Barcode below with Barcode Scanner :-
    totalcare.png

NOTE : - You must RESTART the device after installation to go to setup.

Post Installation Command List : -

MCS 12345 SILENCE ON - to turn your android device to silent mode remotely

MCS 12345 SILENCE OFF - watever mode is it in, as soon as the device receives this SMS from a control phone, it 'll be set to LOUD Mode. Very useful when you place your cell somewhere in silent mode and need to ring it to find it.

MCS 12345 START AUTO ANSWERING - Once you send this, the device will start listening for any calls that comes after. The calls will be answered automatically and the loud speaker will get activated. You might get a chance to listen to the thief in case your mobile is stolen. To deactivate this, you need to send : -

MCS 12345 STOP AUTO ANSWERING- Stop auto answering service.

MCS 12345 GET CONTACTS - This will send all the contacts in your contact list to the control phone through which you have sent the SMS COMMAND in form of pure Text message. One message for each contact.

MCS 12345 GET CONTACT apurva - where apurva is one of your contacts. This will return the phone number of that particualr contact or will send an sms alert if no such contact is found. contact names are not case sensitive, so use any case you want, but try using First name. Haven't tried with Second or Middle, do inform me if it works. Very handful if you leave your android home and you need to fetch a particular no.

MCS 12345 GET CALL LOG - This will send all the call logs of the android to the SMS Sending control phone in case user leaves his device at home and wants to know who callled. Call type will come along as either Missed Call, Received Call or Dialled Call. Once Call log per SMS.

MCS 12345 GET GSM LOCATION - Very useful if the phone is left or stolen somewhere. Not so much precise though. It returns the CELL Tower location to which your cell phone is connected. So you can assume where you dropped your cell. The return is two values, CID and LAC which can be provided to a website that i'm currently developing, to get the approximate location. (its still under construction though, so you'll have to wait). But you can always give the information to the cops. They know how to use it.

MCS 12345 GET GPS LOCATION - Now this is some good feature that comes handy. Only drawback is that GPS has to be enabled for it to work. Android apps can't switch on GPS programatically. Once you send this sms, one message you definitely receive quoting how to use the coordinates to receive the exact location. If the GPS is switched off, another Message return says that GPS is off, try later. But if it is ON, then, you won't receive any SMS and the device will keep on listening for a position. Once received, the GPS will send the location to your control phone giving a very precise position of your cell phone. This may take 1 minute or 1 day or more. Till the device receives any GPS Signal.

MCS 12345 GET COMMAND LIST - its very useful in case you forget your commands. Just remember this one and send this from either of the control phones to get an instruction how to use the command along with the command lists. Sends 4 SMS overall.

MCS 12345 DELETE CONTROL1 - This will delete Control Phone 1 but in such case, Control Phone 2 must be active, otherwise, it wont get deleted.

MCS 12345 DELETE CONTROL2 - This will delete Control Phone 2 but in such case, Control Phone 1 must be active, otherwise, it wont get deleted.

Please be carefull with the following commands. Make sure you want to do it before doing it.
    Most of it is to be used in case of stolen or misplaced device.

MCS 12345 DELETE CALL LOG - This will delete all the call logs in your device as soon as it reaches your device. An acknowledgment SMS will be sent back to the command issuing phone number (either of 2 control phones).

MCS 12345 DELETE SMS - This will delete all the SMS in your device (haven't checked for the locked ones though). Do tell me if it does. Acknowledgment will be received.

MCS 12345 DELETE CONTACTS - This will delete all the contacts in your contact list. Haven't checked for non displayed ones. Do tell me if it does. Acknowledgment will be received.

MCS 12345 DELETE MMC - This will delete all the memory card content. Please be carefull!!! This really works. Acknowledgment will be received.

MCS 12345 DELETE ALL - This will automatically perform the above four command tasks, i.e., deleting call logs, contacts , SMS' and MMC Card content. Acknowledgment will be received for each one.

MCS 12345 CHANGE PIN 54321 - Where 54321 is your new PIN CODE. Use only 5-Digit PIN Code to change successfully, otherwise, you will receive instructions. You will receive feedback with new PINCODE.

MCS 12345 CHANGE CONTROL1 +918800210000 - Use this to change Control Phone 1. Please don't forget to provide Country Code along lyk i did (for INDIA). Using wrong format might return predefined SMS' like if you try to set a bunch of abcde characters as phone number. Feedback will be received with new phone Number as control Phone and the Control Phone you set will receive an SMS that their phone has been set as a control phone. 1 SMS will be sent to you as feedback, and one to the Control Phone.

MCS 12345 CHANGE CONTROL2 +918800210001 - To change Control Phone 2. Same as above.

REQUESTS :

This product is here only for reviewing, so please, with every download, post up your reviews and be kind while posting them since i'm just a newbie and still in college.

The service in the background is stable as far as I've tested. Please write here if it crashes for some reason, or due to some other app or any unknown situation. Try to elaborate under which circumstances, it crashed. I'll try to sort it out instantly.

Try to stop the service in different ways (xcept uninstalling :-D) and see if it gets stopped. Just Lock the device and unlock again. And still if the process doesn't run automatically, write down her or mail me.

Please suggest me new modules and features that can be added. (feasible ones please, at my level).

It won't delete any information from your device unless you command it to.

Please don't share PIN CODE with friends, they might start spying upon you, you won't even get to know, until you receive a heavy bill due to SMSing.

For testing, Provide your own number as Control Phone and SMS the commands to your own number. Please use Free SMS Packages since its completely SMS Based services. No Data Exchange with GPRS or 3G or even Wi-Fi.

#MOST IMPORTANT : Don't forget to mention your Android Phone Model and Firmware Version.

If possible write on my mail : totalcare.reviews@gmail.com

Hope this works well for you too as it does for me... :D

Wish me luck... :) :)

Download : Simply search on android market : TotalCare
    or Simply use the barcode scanner to scan : -

totalcare.png

A few Screenshots : -

Screen2.png

Screen3.png

Screen5.png

Screen6.png

Screen8.png

Screen9.png
    Ok i don't understand...

1) install from Market (ok)

2) reboot device (ok)

and now? i dont't find app in drawer and after reboot i don't see any screen for activation...

Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 euorpea, Froyo jp5 , rooted, ROM ZeroBlaster 0.4.1
    I dont mean to insult you but seriously?! If you would have read the instructions properly you would see a link to the site. On the site you go to features. Then read "easy to use" which you can find in the middle of the page. If you still dont understand then you should get an iPhone.
    On 10th November 2010, apurva.giri wrote:

On 18th November 2010, apurva.giri wrote:

Which is it? Sorry if I sound too cautious, but this app asks for a lot of permissions.

hahahahah... ok... 1st thing : I'm in college...

2nd : The permissions... Actually its quite annoying everytym i develop a module and it shows exception... So just added all the permissions available. But during final release, i reviewed all those and removed the unnecessary ones...

I'll explain each & every permission i used. :)

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CHANGE_CONFIGURATION">
    - Its for turning ON WiFi in the next Pro Release (since I'm developing that simultaneously)

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE">
    - To check that SIM Card is inserted into device.

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION">
    - To fetch CID & LAC for GSM Location

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION">
    - To fetch GPS Coordinates

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.MODIFY_PHONE_STATE">
    - To start Auto Answering (few more permissions are required too)

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_CONTACTS">
    - Ofcourse for reading contacts

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE">
    - For incoming Call Alert (again for Auto Answering Service)

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_SMS">
    - For reading SMS (To verify the commands sent)

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED">
    - For Auto Start of Application

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECEIVE_SMS">
    - For capturing incoming SMS (for detecting a command)

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.SEND_SMS">
    - For sending SMS'

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_CONTACTS">
    - I'll remove it in next release, no use i guess.

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_SMS">
    - You know why

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE">
    - Used it earlier (while debugging) to write a .log file on SDCard & will be used in Pro release as well (for downloading a few things on SD)

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.BLUETOOTH" />
    - Another permission required for Auto Answering (an expert would know)

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS" />
    - To put the phone on Speaker Mode after starting Auto Answering

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS">
    - For entering GUI Mode by dialing a secret code. (not yet implemented though)

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS">
    - I guess this is also used in Auto Answering, no clue though.

An EXPERT would know that each of the permissions included are definitely for a reason to be added. :rolleyes:

And in any case, if you're thinking I'm stealing some info or something, you can see I've never used any internet access permission & no way its SMS'ing something extra except the required ones (you can chk your sent SMS counter & balance) :p:p:p:p

You need more explanation, you can ask me here... :cool:
    Happy to help...

Thanks for all your support... A new update will come soon which will remove the control phone country code dependency and hence will work for all of you... :) :)

I hope I'll be able to finish it by next week... :):):)

Here's the preview... :)

88615716.png
    Thanks for all your support... A new update will come soon which will remove the control phone country code dependency and hence will work for all of you... :) :)

I hope I'll be able to finish it by next week... :):):)

Here's the preview... :)

88615716.png

Are you building a web UI?