Pharos 619 SDHC working plus GPS setup

Search This thread

dvdivx

Feb 3, 2009
For SDHC to work:

1. Install SDHC_v071227.cab
2. Install to device and press cancel when it's finished. Don't let it reboot.
3. Install Certs.cab. Won't prompt you for where. When finished press reset button on bottom of device.

Tested on Kingston 8gb SDHC card and Pharos 619 running wm6.1. Firmware 1.1.5 Build 9.

GPS:

Press Start -> Settings -> External GPS ->
GPS Program port = COM9
GPS hardware port = COM5
Baud rate = 9600
Manage GPS automatically = checked

Also included a cab so you can use any dialtone.

For better battery life make sure Recieve all incoming beams is not checked under Settings -> Beam
Bluetooth also seems to suck battery life fast on this phone.

If you tried any other SDHC hacks you may have to back up your data and do a factory reset. Start -> Settings -> Factory reset.

Attachments

• SDHC_v071227.cab
    67.2 KB · Views: 239
  • Certs.cab
    4.6 KB · Views: 189
  • NoRingtoneLimit.cab
    1,013 bytes · Views: 125
Last edited:

chubbymonkey

Jan 2, 2007
Thanks,

I try it with 8G patriot and another 4G card. It works.

But the problem is:
When 619 go to suspend mode and wake up again, I need to re-insert the card or reboot it. Otherwise 619 is very easy to freeze when I visit the miniSD card from file explorer.

chubbymonkey

Jan 2, 2007
Thanks a lot.

I try jasjamming's SD card fix.cab. It does not make much improvement.
It seems my SDHC card is too slow to be mounted :(. Or I blame it to Windows Mobile OS, or the SDHC driver.

chubbymonkey

Jan 2, 2007
I try with non-SDHC miniSD card with HTC sdhc driver installed, the bugs also happen.

After I remove HTC sdhc driver, everything is normal again for non-SDHC miniSD card.

It seems to be the SDHC driver issue. Hopefully Pharos could release the official support for SDHC card later for 619.

dvdivx

Feb 3, 2009
I try with non-SDHC miniSD card with HTC sdhc driver installed, the bugs also happen.

After I remove HTC sdhc driver, everything is normal again for non-SDHC miniSD card.

It seems to be the SDHC driver issue. Hopefully Pharos could release the official support for SDHC card later for 619.

It's not perfect. Sometimes you have to pop the card out and reinsert it. At least it is capable of SDHC with the right drivers.

jmgallego

Account currently disabled
Nov 25, 2006
Usa
meettomy.site
Same here... although an inconvenience, at least you do not have the shutdown the phone and restart, just pull it out and put it back in and it works... :D

I decided to remove it.

The bottom line for me is that sometimes it read the complete 8gigs, sometimes only 3.5gigs… then there is the need to pull it out and put it back in order to re-access it, which has become annoying, it was just inconvenient, now is frustrating since when it stops accessing the card, everything is paused until one remembers to pull the card out and put it back in.

Not worth the frustration, anyone else had a better experience to share?

It may be that jasjamming’s registry patch needs to be "tuned" to the M619.

Last edited:

m619

May 12, 2009
Worked on my phone

Thanks! I followed the instructions and it worked on my phone.

My settings are:
KINGMAX mini-SDHC 4G
Windows Mobile 6 Professional CE OS 5.2.1437 (Build 17944.0.3.1)
Firmware 1.2.1 Build 2

BTW, how does the NoRingtonelimit work?

zcurves

Jul 13, 2009
Texas
Thanks! Works Well!

Thanks for the post! This is working well for me on a M619, with an 4gig SDHC, GPS too!

m_va_n2002

Feb 29, 2008
I already make follow above steps for micro sdhc 4G but my phone notice that: total store card only 2G? Help me! Thanks a lot!

cpapa

Aug 16, 2010
Thx

Thanks very much for this app - it works great with my P660.
I tried with a 8GB class 2 microSDHC
:)