By aryan1312, Senior Member on 25th April 2014, 09:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th October 2014, 08:23 PM |#11  
Flag Southeastern Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 995

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousDave

I had the same issue had to install Tasker and setup some profiles / tasks to get notifications for email and text to work.
If you search for dotview and tasker you should be able to find the instructions to set tasker up for this.

Key item - You must be using the HTC email and text apps as default for the notifications to work as well.
Also go to:
Settings
Personalize
Dot View
Select "Notification settings " and select those you want to show
Also click "show call history" on main dot view screen if you want to see call history.

All the other functions worked fine for me without tasker only email and text notifications would not.
This was with or without a glass screen protector.

Regards

Nice avatar. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.....
The Following User Says Thank You to hgoldner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hgoldner Ad-Free

26th November 2014, 12:06 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl

Does it come on when you double tap

Sent From HTC One m8

My double tap isn't working either. It worked great up until about a week ago. Now I can answer some calls, hang up calls, but that's it; I can't even pull up the dot view display with the power button anymore. I have a security code (required for work), but it worked just fine with that before. I have restarted the phone twice and uninstalled and updated the dot view app. I am out of ideas as to how to make it work like it used to... 😢
30th November 2014, 01:43 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I got mine working!!!!
Basically, I got my case and it seemed to work 50/50 and I found out that it works via 2 magnets on both flaps.
So, how do you fix it: Get 2 strong magnets not fridge magnets but larger ones and place them on either side of the front cover so the magnets connect going through the flap and leave for 2 mins to allow the magnetic field to readjust.
I found this out by developing the idea that the magnets were too weak so I searched for ways to make a magnet stronger and I found a page from "how science works"

Your welcome internet.
Click image for larger version

Name:	1417311547117140663272.jpg
Views:	1142
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	3040339
The Following User Says Thank You to jackwilkinson98 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jackwilkinson98 Ad-Free
11th November 2015, 05:33 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
it doesnt seem to work
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwilkinson98

Basically, I got my case and it seemed to work 50/50 and I found out that it works via 2 magnets on both flaps.
So, how do you fix it: Get 2 strong magnets not fridge magnets but larger ones and place them on either side of the front cover so the magnets connect going through the flap and leave for 2 mins to allow the magnetic field to readjust.
I found this out by developing the idea that the magnets were too weak so I searched for ways to make a magnet stronger and I found a page from "how science works"

Your welcome internet.
Attachment 3040339

hii i tried this but it doesnt seem to work still
should i try it on back magnet ?
15th March 2016, 05:51 PM |#15  
Flag malmoe

More
Dot view HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryan1312

I just got my dot view case but its not working, i search for the setting to turn it on but can't find one. I have tried re-installing htc dot view application but it still not working. can body help me out since i can't get a replacement for the case (reason is the case is not available in my country have to import it)

I had the same problem and the reason is weak magnet on front. A little dot in the middle! Find a little flat magnet and put on. Should work? After a while the new magnet charges the old one and should work without it? Regards ..
13th March 2017, 12:41 PM |#16  

More
Hi
I have HTC desire 728 ultra , I installed dot view notifications app from the store to use the dot case. The notifications appear on the case but when I swipe it to answer calls or double tap nothing happens , I can't get the benefit of the case. When I checked the settings I found nothing related to dot view . Please does my phone support the dot view case or not?
27th December 2017, 03:49 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi,
Make sure the swipe setting are on.
21st January 2018, 06:33 PM |#18  

More
It's probably because they built the magnet in on the wrong way. I took out the magnet and swaped it on the other side and now it's working.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)