[ROM][v0.52][13-09-2010] MotoFrenzy (Froyo 2.2 for milestone)

Search This thread

wowo3180

Mar 10, 2006
Got a question after flashing the rom and the update. whenever there is a coming call my phone doesn't ring. as the call is there but no ring sound. i see the call on coming in on the screen but no ring sound. any one else has this problem? how to fix it?

hanslast

Nov 7, 2008
Does anybody know how to enable apps2sd? I updated Motofrenzy with 0.5c patch and tried some shortcuts with the keyboard. Lights and stuff work and when i press the keys to copy my downloaded apps to my SD i see the blue light blinking for a second or 2. After that nothing is on my SD card as far as i can see?? The apps2sd folder on my SD card stays empty..

Hope somebody has a solution for me :D

code72

Jun 1, 2005
HELP

Just flashed and i'm very happy :)
Only thing i REALLY need is black notification bar
is it possible to have framework-res.apk and Service.jar with only this mod?

Last edited:

thangtd03

Aug 26, 2010
After some days using v0.5, I see some issues here:
- Cannot add an Yahoo account in Email option.
- The 3G WatchDog cannot be used in this version.
- After long hours using (about 18 -> 24h), the call phone is frozen --> should be restarted the phone.
- The battery lifetime decreased :(
Anyone has anything else, please post it and hope a good improvement after his travelling :D

blaxer

Sep 17, 2007
I am having a ton of trouble getting motofrenzy to work and I'm sure it's something very simple I am missing. I have a canadian milestone, and am using the G.O.T. TELUS – SHOLS_U2_03.11.0 SBF. Everything on the phone works fine with this SBF.

I then boot into G.O.T. Open recovery 1.04a , wipe everything, run nandroid restore, select MotoFrenzy 0.5a then apply updates 0.5b and 0.5c and dexters canadian radio update. Reboot the phone and all I get is "Bootloader - 90.74 - Err:A5,69,35,00,23 ---- Battery OK - OK to Program -- Connect USB -- Data Cable" and now I have to RSD Lite back to G.O.T. TELUS – SHOLS_U2_03.11.0 SBF to get the phone to boot.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? TIA!

grojas

May 22, 2007
Montevideo
After some days using v0.5, I see some issues here:
- Cannot add an Yahoo account in Email option.
- The 3G WatchDog cannot be used in this version.
- After long hours using (about 18 -> 24h), the call phone is frozen --> should be restarted the phone.
- The battery lifetime decreased :(
Anyone has anything else, please post it and hope a good improvement after his travelling :D

Same thing here, except:
- Yahoo account (I don`t use it)
- Phone Frozen (so far, so good in my case)

Also:

- Waze connection data allways lost. No link with network

However, I`m very happy with this ROM. Make the next update come!!!

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
I am having a ton of trouble getting motofrenzy to work and I'm sure it's something very simple I am missing. I have a canadian milestone, and am using the G.O.T. TELUS – SHOLS_U2_03.11.0 SBF. Everything on the phone works fine with this SBF.
your 2.03.11 SBF contains a CG partition for the pds , where important baseband files also reside, together with the baseband update you added.
somehow the incompatible /pds in earlier versions seems to be the reasons for this..

you need to update with a 2.03.36 edition and then apply your canadian files, which for some works and other need the "libril.so" and "libril-moto-umts-1.so" files from your /system/lib folder, you might need to extract them before you test again.

very early on some TELUS tests very successfull, and others continued to improve on it.. but as im without that network, it will be pretty hard to test anything. so you can only rely on others experiences throughout this thread and maybe it will assist you.

the Frenzy image is originally based on a Droid 2.2 + GOT 2.36 UK drivers made for our model and which came closest to Denmark, as Germans had the keyboard disadvantage at that time, i chose to work with the fix already in place, when i started..
but personally i use the german basebands(non-branded) now, and had no issues with them. they got O2 branded fw's too, which i think might cause roaming problems with preferred providers. (assumed based on technology on milestone2 drivers)

grojas

May 22, 2007
Montevideo
Dex, I have a issue from this humble beta tester ;-D:

I use Waze as my GPS map and routing program. It's need data connection (of course, I've a data plan) but with Motofrenzy doesn't work. I receive emails, surf the web via native web browser and skyfire browser and so on, but Waze's data connection doesn't work, ergo I haven't maps updates or traffic update.

I flashed Motofrenzy over brazilian ROM from www.and-developers.com and install the radio files for my country (Venezuela). The problem isn't the GPS signal, this work great, the problem is the data connection.

For your consideration...

Regards

EDIT: Sorry guys,the program has a problem, not the ROM. My bad...

Last edited:

zninja

Mar 17, 2008
Vancouver
Hi Dex.

I love this ROM, but I'm using a Milestone on Telus in Western Canada and do have a few issues which force me to reboot a lot more often than I would've hoped.

1. I have updated to the latest C patch, and installed the Canadian radio patch as well, but just about every 6 hrs I have to reboot because I completely lose any and all network connections (HSPA/3G/WiFi). I did do a full wipe before the flash, and any help on this would be great.

2. The Market doesn't work properly as it doesn't remember what I have installed. I also use AppBrain and that app also suffers from the exact same problem. I'm thinking it has something to do with this ROM because both display the exact same symptoms. Of course I can't be sure, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

3. The O/C resets back to 550MHz after each reboot. Even though I set the Milestone util to 'set on boot' and have used SetCPU profiles to do the same, it always reverts back to 550MHz on boot. Manually changing it isn't that big of a deal, but I haven't had to do that on any other ROM with O/Cing preconfigured. I would love to hear that I'm doing something wrong, and there's an easy fix.

4. I can't seem to be able to move any apps to the SD. This may be a silly question, but do I still need to create the ext2 partition, or does this ROM allow it to work without it?

5. I'm loving having in-browser Flash working, but due to these issues I might actually need to revert to another ROM so I don't lose any important emails/calls/SMS when I really need them and don't know my phone is having a brain-fart, or something.

Thank you very much for your work. It is amazing you've been to get the ROM working as it is, and I appreciate it immensely. Any help getting these issues resolved would be amazing.

Cheers!

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
@zninja
1. telus drivers and probably other libraries are not very compatible, so this issue has not been resolved, but other has found a way to quickly restart the phone or just the baseband driver.
If the baseband fix works for you, try this: SHIFT+A+SPACE on keyboard will make a restart of the baseband driver.

2. it does remember, but only if your apps are in the /data/app folder after a restore.

3. use the 'overclock" file, find the info on my website, how to enable and use it at bootup.

4. apps are automatically installed on the EXT2 partition if its there,
the native froyo 2.2 move2 sd card is not working with milestone kernel.
we need a custom for this one, which is not an option.

5. the custom rom, as explained a few times now, is not a generic edition, its impossible to do so, and i have not got the resources to manage 12 different rom editions, like motorola releases when a new fw is available for different countries.
if you manage to make it work with telus like a few other, you're in luck, if not, im unable to solve it, as it requires a seperate custom image, and access to the telus network some how..

zninja

Mar 17, 2008
Vancouver
Wow, that was fast!

1. I'll definitely try the baseband driver fix from now on because that's a much simpler way to resolve that issue.

2. Ahhhh. I must be having a brain-fart then. ;)

3. I saw the overclock file, and thought I had enabled it via GScript, but apparently I did something wrong there. I'll check your site again and redo this step.

4. I'll format an ext2 partition tonight and see how that goes with a fresh flash.

5. I appreciate it.

Thank you, Sir. :)

Last edited:

zninja

Mar 17, 2008
Vancouver
Hi again, Dex.

Your readme.txt file says:

* How to enable Overclock function *
Look in Gscript application, for activation.

When you laod the file it actually reads as if it's setting the max O/C to 550MHz. Can you confirm this, please? I see the following in the GScript file when I load it here:

#!/system/xbin/sh
mkdir /tmp/sd
mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /tmp/sd
echo "550000 max_rate" >/tmp/sd/overclock
echo "56 max_vsel" >>/tmp/sd/overclock
unmount /tmp/sd
echo "overclock file on sdcard now activated with default 550Mhz"
echo "Reboot for changes to take effect."
sleep 30

I load this file and apply it, then I reboot and see 550Mhz clock speed. For 1,000Mhz should I be editing the file to read:

#!/system/xbin/sh
mkdir /tmp/sd
mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /tmp/sd
echo "1000000 max_rate" >/tmp/sd/overclock
echo "74 max_vsel" >>/tmp/sd/overclock
unmount /tmp/sd
echo "overclock file on sdcard now activated with default 1,000Mhz"
echo "Reboot for changes to take effect."
sleep 30

?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the Froyo FRG22 image for our Milestone. but as this is not using the kernel, there are some limit to functions based on kernel requirement. But its close, and works great and is alot faster.

You can also follow updates on Twitter now: Dexter Picard (DexterPicard) on Twitter or me a Red bull, and you're sure i stay up working on this mod´or you can visit my new homepage at Dexter's mods

Primary Image download - MotoFrenzy v0.52 FULL image

MotoFrenzy folder goes into /nandroid/adbrecovery on your SDCARD
    ALWAYS WIPE YOUR PHONE BEFORE INSTALLING A FULL IMAGE
    Patches
    none
    download the latest attached zip , and inside you find a MotoFrenzy-vx.xx-update-nosign zip , which you copy to your sdcard into the folder /OpenRecovery/updates and recover from OpenRecovery menu.
    Patches only match the release which it is made for. so 0.1 release has patches 0.1(a-z) and so on. you cannot use 0.1a on a 0.2 release.
    THEMES (works on 0.5 but FRG22 features are lost)
    Themes applied with OpenRecovery, will automatically format(factory reset) your phone, as these has different signatures and cannot be used on top of this releas without factory reset.

Download http://dext3r.komodin.org/MotoFrenzy/MotoFrenzy-v05-FRF91-stock-theme-nosign.zipTheme - Nexus1 theme for froyo.
    This theme is based on Modaco R21 release with chinese included too.
    it has multilanguage support and france,germany,italian,portugese and some chinese(i cannot pronounce) as examples
    hw keyboard light only works when "auto" light is disabled. (use power panel, so you can manage light if needed)
    Download http://rapidshare.com/files/410811694/MotoFrenzy-v04-theme-UDexteme5.0.1--nosign.zip.htmlTheme - UD Extreme 5.0.1 for froyo.
    This theme is primarily "dark grey".
    All credits goes to Ultimate Droid for the making of this mod, i just ported their Droid release to run on our milestone.
    You should note, this uses an alternate launcher(PRO) and added functions(UDParts menu) into menus for configuation and as example DISABLE/CHANGE PREFERRED STORAGE for Market downloads, which we, with a 2.1 kernel can utilize. Please visit their site to see the pictures of this mod.
    I have not have the chance to test all options of their menu functions but it looks promissing.
    Download http://rapidshare.com/files/410815633/MotoFrenzy-v04-theme-stock-theme--nosign.zip.htmlTheme - Droid FRG01 stock theme for froyo.
    Original theme coming with 0.4 image. this is primarily just for easy restore.​
    STATUS
    WORKING
    Camera
    Bluetooth
    GPS
    Radio (GSM,GPRS,HSPA)
    Wifi
    SDCard detection
    USB / ABD
    AC Charging (milestone specific option)
    3D games / full display support
    Video playback (Youtube etc..)
    Wipe
    G-sensor​
    NOT WORKING
    Video Recorder + camera focus/audio​

INSTALLATION
    FULL Images are copied to the SDCARD into /nandroid/adbrecovery folder, and installed from your OpenRecovery menu.

Patches are copied into the /OpenRecovery/updates folder, and installed from openrecovery menu.​

Radio Band Requirements for different countries
    Some countries require the original 3G files of your current ROM to work ie. Canada, Brazil, Venezuela, Germany and some others countries uses a different band for 3G. If u dont backup the 4 original 3G Files and restore it over this nandroid once installed u gonna have poor signal, sms problems and HSDPA loss (even if u set apn and get conection its gonna be crappy one).
    Files should be in the /system/etc/motorola/bp_nvm_default/ of your phone.
    Files can only be copied from OpenRecovery , using adb shell.

Latest v0.5 has builtin install option using GScript , so you can get the radio replaced/installed. without update zip files.

You might check this thread , if a update-nosign.zip file exists for your model. which makes it easier for you to install.

Filenames are:
    File_Audio
    File_Audio2
    File_GSM
    File_Seem_Flex_Tables
    generic_pds_init​

Changelog history
    v0.52: 13-09-2010
    - native froyo apps2sd now working, thanks to Nadlabak on his work on this. you can call it a preview of his cm6 release :) looking forward to it.
    - location fix, mistakenly updated complete gapps update, but not compatible with our milestone.
    - vpn correction.. (thanks to Pooyan for supplying the account to verify it with)
    - adobe flash removed (download and add externally, the enabler i made is not working)
    - youtube,twitter,maps,voice updates possible in this version (problem related to gapps update)​
    v0.51: 11-09-2010

- updated google apps so updates are possible.
    - added missing flash apk. (use gscript to activate)
    v0.5d: 10-09-2010

- Deodex'd framework.. added custom circle battery stats + E/3G baseband icon.
    - DLNA + Files apps (original from MotoBlur) included.
    - "Files" it makes it possible to copy from/to/between windows fileshare.
    - DLNA service is for now still testing​
    - replaced battery stats lib..
    - corrected /etc/gps.conf , added google info + Europe NTP services.
    - fixed libril driver (earlier version had problems)
    - added notification information onscreen, when shortcuts are used.
    - re-enabled panic daemon reboot, if/when a process fails (such as radio process)

v0.5c: 28-08-2010
    - Added Ext2 filesystem check before mounting.
    - init.rc changes
    - New Keyboard shortcut functions (hold all 3 keys to activate)
    - Spotlight switch (LEFT SHIFT + A + DPAD CENTER)
    - hw keyboard light switch (LEFT SHIFT + A + L)
    - Disable apps2sd (LEFT SHIFT + A + U)
    - Enable apps2sd (LEFT SHIFT + A + T)
    - start adb (LEFT SHIFT + A + X)
    - restart RIL(phone driver) *TEST* (LEFT SHIFT + A + SPACE)
    - copy all downloaded apps to sdcard (LEFT SHIFT + A + P)​
    - Latest Overclock module + app (v1.4) and is now activated (550Mhz) even if no "overclock" file is found on /sdcard

v0.5b: 23-08-2010
    "Call waiting" has been fixed.​
    v0.5a(a): 22-08-2010
    blue led startup fix + usb fix + GScript app + apps2sd ownership mount fix.​
    v0.5: 21-08-2010
    Release updated to FRG22 (official Droid OTA release)
    Apps2SD ext2 partition supported (no more need for use_apps2sd trigger)
    Fixed data signal icon to show E/G/H types
    Added GScript script options for ease of use.
    - Included overclock file creation (Default 550Mhz)
    - Baseband installation option (several countries included)
    - Switch GoogleEmail app (Exchange policy on/off)
    - See space free on EXT2 sdcard partition (partition2 only supported)
    - switch build.prop (Nexus1 and Droid)
    Corrected hw keyboard link, so G.O.T hw keyboard recovery should work now.
    Dalvik cache now moved to /cache folder
    Adobe flash 10.1.72 included seperately

v0.4: 03-08-2010
    Camera starting to work a little, but has FOCUS problem​
    Completely new rebuild with Droid stock FRG01B​
    Flash 10.1 included as apk (push it to the phone with "adb"
    its no longer possible to download with this release.
    build.prop does not match.​
    see bottom of this post for AudioEffect application, and download zip here.​

Removed old changelog below v0.4, seems useless now...

the greetings
    Nadlabak - compiling and testing native froyo apps2sd functionality.
    Pooyan - getting vpn working
    Fightspit - circle battery icon stats.
    Anonymous - betas of images.
    Thyrus - early versions testing with alternate framework
    Luis - themes
    is it possible to take photos on widescreen mode again?

if there's a way, i couldnt find it...

@grojas: can you upload only camera.apk please?
    Hello, i have a motorola milestone and i have a problem, i can't instal all the custom roms for this phone, when i try to restore i have the message "Boot: md5 checksum file missing"
    Openrecovery 1.46, milestone 2.1.
    Thanks

A simple google search would have done the trick for you!

This is not a nandroid restore! You must install it as an update! From Open Recovery menu go to apply updates and run it as an update from there!

Hit the thanks button please! :)