5000 mAH extended battery + Cover for GNote

Search This thread

cashif

Oct 25, 2010
Tech City
How about going for Portable charger, has anyone seen/used it. Link below
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2800mAh-Ext...029613?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item19cb6bea6d

As someone so elonquently put in, instead of making phone pregnant or carrying extra charger, wherein you will have to open the back cover/restart the phone (Which I hate), this device looks much more useful. Belkin's one is also available with 4000 maH power and you can use it for multiple devices!

Anyone with experience of it, pls comment on the performance/review..

IAmJJH

Dec 30, 2011
Anyone find a protective case for the Note that still fits after a larger battery is installed? It would be a bit of a hassle to have to take off, or exchange, protective cases each time you swap out the battery (assuming you carry the original and the extended batteries with you when you go out), not to mention the two battery covers for the two sizes of batteries.

HTC Chris

Feb 16, 2009
San Diego, California
I don't have a camera so I have no pics, but if you have seen the extended battery for the Galaxy SII, it's just about the same look. I did this same test when I had a chinese extended 3500mah battery for the SII and also got double the life.

A little update from a 20 minute test I did:
I used both batteries to see how much drain the battery would undergo in 10 minutes via watching justintv on wifi. The original battery dropped 6 percent in 10 minutes, while the chinese Spiderfoot battery only dropped 3 percent. Both batteries were charged to 100%.

The bulk that is added to the phone is about the size of the bezel. The phone still sits well in the pocket wearing jeans or shorts, just don't wear tight pants. My wallet is even thicker than the phone with an extended battery(with no money it it lol). IMO this bulk doesn't bother me, I think it adds style to the phone making it looks sleek with the curve the back cover gives.

I'm currently looking at the Anymode aluminum bumper and the seller told me that the extended battery would fit, so I will probably order it soon.

hilaldroid

Nov 2, 2010
Paris
www.poortester.com
The problem with the products from China is the quality and how many time the battery will work???

I think it's not necessary, we all have the best battery life in the android world :)

guent_peer

Nov 23, 2009
Okay, here are some pics (sorry, the quality is not the best)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 844
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 928
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 833

guent_peer

Nov 23, 2009
One warning: Unfortunately, in contrast to the extended battery for the galaxy s2 you can't use the samsung external battery charger - the contacts are on the wrong side.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

orinoco

Jul 11, 2003
Anyone find a protective case for the Note that still fits after a larger battery is installed? It would be a bit of a hassle to have to take off, or exchange, protective cases each time you swap out the battery (assuming you carry the original and the extended batteries with you when you go out), not to mention the two battery covers for the two sizes of batteries.
This is exactly the problem I am having now. The extended battery does not fit in any cover I know, so although it does provide a lot longer battery life (maybe to the point where it will easily last a day or two without having to charge), I would prefer to have a TPU gel type case that would fit, just for protection.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

This is exactly the problem I am having now. The extended battery does not fit in any cover I know, so although it does provide a lot longer battery life (maybe to the point where it will easily last a day or two without having to charge), I would prefer to have a TPU gel type case that would fit, just for protection.
We would need something like this, which are custom made for the Galaxy SII with extended battery:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_kw=case&_kw=samsung&_kw=galaxy&_kw=tpu&_kw=extended

If anyone finds them, please let us know!!!

GatesHD

Dec 22, 2011
Just received mine today from Spider foot on ebay. Must say, it makes it much larger, however it still feels ok in the hand. I am charging it now and will put it through a few runs tomorrow. The cover also does not seem to have all the attachment points as the stock, yet still feels secure. The cover also has a slight rubbery feel to it. Quite comfortable. I am hoping to find a bumper or case now that the silicone one does not fit. I have the Reart Slim coming( I know will not fit) and also the Anymode bumper case which I am hoping just runs around the Gunmetal banding which would work.

paris.gr

Dec 20, 2009
It is too ugly guys and i dont see the point unless you are lets say on a trip in a place with no power. I will stick to my external battery instead.

Kibosh3

Oct 17, 2011
My Battery lasts a day and half with moderate use.... i charge it every evening and even carry a spare battery in my coat pocket, just in case i don't end up going home for a night... i love extended batteries- had one for both my S2 and Nexus S- but i don't think the Note needs one.

EpicDom

Feb 10, 2012
I've bought one, will have to see how well this lasts. I'm not kidding myself in thinking the battery will perform great, but we will see. I'm still thinking of getting an external power although I'd really like a charging case most of all.

Top Liked Posts